Camry sibei solid - accident today 2pm ECP towards Changi / bef marine parade

Bankai87

Neutral Newbie

Today at 2 pm right most lane of ECP towards changi airport

this beige latest gen thai camry rammed into blue sonata taxi, and silver magentis taxi ram into the camry

the fantastic thing is

1 - the sonata boot and bumper totally crushed in, however, the front of the camry only had SOME SCRATCHES, front bumper NOT EVEN COMPROMISED! not to mention bonnet onwards.

2- the magentis had long skid marks and when collided into the camry, the wheels were turning left - magentis no ABS?

3 - the rear of the camry equally no damage, however, the front of magentis also not very damanged although had visible scratches on the front bumper

case of taxi pwn camry, causing another taxi to self pwn.

but camry is [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] who says only volvos are solid?

↡ Advertisement

Solid doesn't mean safe. u know what's impact zone? certain parts of a car are purposely made to crumble on impact. Think F1 cars. What is most important is the passengers' chasis. Not the front and rear bumper.

Having skid marks doesn't mean that there's no ABS. There's only so much ABS can do on certain occasions. For one, ABS certainly doesn't really help when ur tyres are unevenly worn, which Taxis are notorious for.

Think if camry vs camry crash, both drivers will go hospital for whiplash.

Neutral Newbie

i think if u are toking abt the crumble part tat's another story but it's good or bad to

tell the made of the car when it got direct impact if the front and the rear is not hard

enough to withstand the impact then why those richie pay for contiential car due to it's

solid chassis doors when got impact but at least it's will mininize the damage on inside

but if u fly really too fast then good luck... but magentis the body is made of some

sort like fibre material camry not veri sure any camry driver here?

i kena proton kiss my dad's camry karchng. it was the prev gen JDM version (borneo motors).

the proton chui. radiator steam.

the camry bumper got slight depression.

honestly, the car feels floaty and like a tincan. so i was surprised by the outcome.

and i find it strange that sonata is so easily crushed like the TS said. my impression of korean cars is that they are quite tank like

of course, some kia fanboy will probably come in to proclaim how kia is superior to hyundai etc etc [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

some video of crush test on toyota camry, the 3rd video veri interesting for the carmy owners ! Tat's a tomyam model camry isn't it !

Neutral Newbie

very likely he will claim the magentis taxi that kiss his camry at the back. normally chain accident, the last one most suay.

i think one cannot just based on the surface of the damage of the car.

some things to consider :

some cars might on surface crash very badly on surface, but the aim could be to absorb the impact of the collision so that the impact is not transmitted to the passengers, where safety of the passengers in the car, as well as potential pedestrian (in car car knocks on someone) might be more important in the eyes of the manufacturer vs the car able to still drive away after the accident.

the car on surface might not look as badly damage, though internally might not too

the car might be reinforce in certain areas of the car, eg. front and back, but could be crap on a side impact.

well... anyway, I think just the observation, you claiming camry is as solid as volvo?

fyi... if ya seen taxi, they usually quite "fragile" one. little bit the whole bumper can drop off one....

unless ya say the camry accident, the front and rear are all volvo... then might be a bit more interesting...

i kena proton kiss my dad's camry karchng. it was the prev gen JDM version (borneo motors).

the proton chui. radiator steam.

the camry bumper got slight depression.

honestly, the car feels floaty and like a tincan. so i was surprised by the outcome.

and i find it strange that sonata is so easily crushed like the TS said. my impression of korean cars is that they are quite tank like

of course, some kia fanboy will probably come in to proclaim how kia is superior to hyundai etc etc laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif i drive a KIA.... can i........laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

I never said camry is as solid as volvo

i am just saying that sometimes u dun have to pay thru the nose for a conti just for a safe car. i'm just expressing my surprise at the condition of the crash integrity of the camry. the taxi really had it bad though.

think abt it. in a rear end collision, the only part separating u and ur kids at the back is the boot. if the boot does not hold up well in a rear end, your kids might end up being the crumple zone for the car which rear ended you.

just a thought.

↡ Advertisement