Swift Owners

Hoppe

Tested the 1.0 boosterjet.

Pretty decent drive. Very perky. Gearbox feels like a dsg during upshifts. Gearbox is somewhat tuned for economy as it tries to upshift as fast and soon as possible. Light to moderate application of the throttle and it climbs to 80kmh quite effortlessly even with 3 adults on board.

Handling is quite sharp too. Car feels light and changes direction easily.

The only thing that bugs me is the 3 cylinder idle. Lumpy and more vibration than expected. If one can overcome this. Then I would say it beats the jazz hands down in the drive and handling any day.

Yeah 3 cylinder cars are inherently more vibration prone.

what I've read about this Boosterjet engine is that the Suzuki engineers made the engine vibrate in the vertical plane and fitted engine mounts to try to cancel it out. I'm guessing the vibrations will get worse with the wear / tear/  hardening of the mounts so may need to replace them in the future when cannot tahan the shaking with age. 

Will probably take delivery after 20/11. Looking fwd to it.

That yellow Sport... yum. 

Edited by Hotnyh
  • Praise 1

Yeah 3 cylinder cars are inherently more vibration prone.

what I've read about this Boosterjet engine is that the Suzuki engineers made the engine vibrate in the vertical plane and fitted engine mounts to try to cancel it out. I'm guessing the vibrations will get worse with the wear / tear/ hardening of the mounts so may need to replace them in the future when cannot tahan the shaking with age.

Will probably take delivery after 20/11. Looking fwd to it.

That yellow Sport... yum.

That zc33s certainly looks a great drive. A pity I didn’t have the time to wait for CM to come out with one. Garage R one still alittle too ex imo.

Guess I’ll just make do with the zc32s. It’s a pretty rare breed on our roads. Haha

Yeah unfortunately all the last Gen Swifts are so rare thanks to stupidly high COE. Almost as rare as my ex Kizashi (ex mgt car)

Agree. The 1st gen zc swift were literally swarming the roads then... Those were the days young 20 something just work can own a car

Haha Iâm ok with removing the spare. But canât find this undertray. Taobao also donât have

Suzuki is non existent in China so can forget about tao bao.

Suzuki is non existent in China so can forget about tao bao.

Ya..Taiwan got a lot more stuffs.

The monster sports carbon intake looks good. The m19a kit also looks great. But all very pricey

Hi guys, dekitting my ZC31 ride coz changing car. if you’re interested in used SSR replica 16” with still new (5 mths) Michelin PS4 to change with ur stock and worn out tyres, pls see the listing here - https://sg.carousell.com/p/200734558

Thanks all! mid dec marks my 7.5 yrs journey with this ZC31! very enjoyable ride!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2