Swift Owners

Hoppe

The added weight from the sound insulation will barely make a dent in the F.C even if you go for the full works. But having driven the new Swift for 3 months, I can tell you the road noise is too loud and gets on the nerves. I am planning to get full sound insulation in a couple of months. Looking for reputed installers.

I have done mine....full car soundproof is very gd.....pls find a good installer to do this and you will not regret....

usually abt 2k for full car soundproof....

↡ Advertisement

Sad to hear the noise issue  I kinda expected that  Am also looking for installers, saw carousell got one guy doing.. Generally cheaper that workshops  I wonder is it any good? 

According to SE, just don't install those with TV antenna, otherwise should be OK. 

if u use a cheap material, it will melt after a few months if your car is park under hot sun....

if u find a cheap installer, end up they will paste lego here n there......gd ones usually 1 big piece......

go for a reputable one....many around.....can find facebook for their works....good installer dare to put their worksmanship in facebook....

I have done mine....full car soundproof is very gd.....pls find a good installer to do this and you will not regret....

usually abt 2k for full car soundproof..

Hmm.. Cool.. Can share whose the installer? So there's a significant improvement? Did you do the underbody also? 

if u use a cheap material, it will melt after a few months if your car is park under hot sun....

if u find a cheap installer, end up they will paste lego here n there......gd ones usually 1 big piece......

go for a reputable one....many around.....can find facebook for their works....good installer dare to put their worksmanship in facebook....

Ya.. That's what I heard also.. But not easy to find good installers nowadays. Pls share if you found good one bro! Thanks! 

Hmm.. Cool.. Can share whose the installer? So there's a significant improvement? Did you do the underbody also? 

Ya.. That's what I heard also.. But not easy to find good installers nowadays. Pls share if you found good one bro! Thanks! 

i did all, wheel arch, roof, door, underbody i assume is the layer below yr carpet...not undercarriage....

i did additional layer for roof (1k extra), rain time roof no tiak tiak sound.....cannt hear sound outside the car ....plus it helps to absorb some heat from the sun.....

i go foon audio do, i suggest tat u go ard the few shops, go w the one that you are comfortable (CS, xtremez, etc)

i did all, wheel arch, roof, door, underbody i assume is the layer below yr carpet...not undercarriage....

i did additional layer for roof (1k extra), rain time roof no tiak tiak sound.....cannt hear sound outside the car ....plus it helps to absorb some heat from the sun.....

i go foon audio do, i suggest tat u go ard the few shops, go w the one that you are comfortable (CS, xtremez, etc)

Oh sorry, I actually meant undercarriage.. Sorry for the confusion.. So the extra 1k for the roof, means total around 3k?

Oh sorry, I actually meant undercarriage.. Sorry for the confusion.. So the extra 1k for the roof, means total around 3k?

usually they dun jack up the car n start spraying the layer, they will take out the seats n carpet to lay the soundproof....

2k includes the roof (cnnt remember single or double layer), but 1k addition is to put cushion like materials in addition to the soundproof that is done.....

usually they dun jack up the car n start spraying the layer, they will take out the seats n carpet to lay the soundproof....

2k includes the roof (cnnt remember single or double layer), but 1k addition is to put cushion like materials in addition to the soundproof that is done.....

Oic.. Seems very comprehensive package! Will take note! Btw you are still using the original stock rims and tyres? So with the soundproof done, there's a significant difference Ya? 

Oic.. Seems very comprehensive package! Will take note! Btw you are still using the original stock rims and tyres? So with the soundproof done, there's a significant difference Ya? 

i have changed my rims and tyres......

with soundproof done, the difference is significant....during rain, my passengers can still tok without the rain dropping on the roof.

Change to quiet tyres.

Yea, the stock Bridgestone Ecopia 100 is known to be noisy, even the latest 300 series according to other users. Maybe it's the tyres...

i have changed my rims and tyres......

with soundproof done, the difference is significant....during rain, my passengers can still tok without the rain dropping on the roof.

Wah... Can share what tyres you using? Size too if possible . Haha.. I really hope to achieve the level of noise insulation like yours! 

Yea, the stock Bridgestone Ecopia 100 is known to be noisy, even the latest 300 series according to other users. Maybe it's the tyres...

I am using Yokohama Advan dB for my old Swift and it is quiet. Can consider.

I am using Yokohama Advan dB for my old Swift and it is quiet. Can consider.

I heard the advan v552 quite good.. Am currently also using Yokohama Blue Earth.. Not really quiet but quite lasting for my usage. Thks for intro! 

Actually my friend said just buy Michelin Xm2 can liao.. He said cheap and good. Haha.. But I find it abit noisy . But Michelin PS4 very expensive.. Haha

I used XM2 before. Definitely not quiet but damn lasting.

I used XM2 before. Definitely not quiet but damn lasting.

Ya that's what my friend said.. Super lasting.  I think I will consider your recommendation for the advan v552, you remember how much you paid for it? 

Ya that's what my friend said.. Super lasting.  I think I will consider your recommendation for the advan v552, you remember how much you paid for it? 

Sorry I forgot already, half year liao.

Try asking a few tyre shops.

But old swift is only 15", not sure what's the size for Swift now. 

Sorry I forgot already, half year liao.

Try asking a few tyre shops.

But old swift is only 15", not sure what's the size for Swift now. 

Oic.. No problem, I usually go Soh Brothers at amk.. Anyway new swift now 16 inch 

↡ Advertisement