Swift Owners

Hoppe

I used XM2 before. Definitely not quiet but damn lasting.

Agree. My Vios ran on XM2 - everytime I checked the thread I was amazed at how much was still there. But definitely not quiet esp on a Vios. My Camry is running on the Michelin PS4 and it is a good quiet tyre with better grip than my old Yokohama dB551 (old model). But of course the Camry has lots more soundproofing than the Vios.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone did sound insulation in JB? Can share experience?

Is the car noise that bad? My swift zc82s on 16 inch stock tyres seems ok. Mileage 27k now, it does get a little noisy when it hits 130kmh but that's rarely.

Noise below those speeds are pretty bearable too. Engine bay has the default noise insulation padding which kills alot of the engine noise, there are numerous occasions that I wanted to leave the car thinking the engine is already off.

Is the car noise that bad? My swift zc82s on 16 inch stock tyres seems ok. Mileage 27k now, it does get a little noisy when it hits 130kmh but that's rarely.

Noise below those speeds are pretty bearable too. Engine bay has the default noise insulation padding which kills alot of the engine noise, there are numerous occasions that I wanted to leave the car thinking the engine is already off.

I think it's individual perception ba.. I personally OK with the wind noise, but the road noise I think it's rather apparent.. Anyway, will see how it goes.. Just wanna see if anyone did sound insulation from JB.. Cos in sg, really quite ex.. So wanna look for alternatives . Haha.. Thks for your input! 

I think it's individual perception ba.. I personally OK with the wind noise, but the road noise I think it's rather apparent.. Anyway, will see how it goes.. Just wanna see if anyone did sound insulation from JB.. Cos in sg, really quite ex.. So wanna look for alternatives . Haha.. Thks for your input!

Maybe just sound proof the wheel arch area for a start since it's road noise and switch out to quiet tyres.

Not bad parf is 6k+ and they are selling vitara at such a low profit margin.

Probably clearing stock.

They got no choice cos of the ves surcharge of 20k.lol.....

They got no choice cos of the ves surcharge of 20k.lol.....

83k for vitara is a good price I feel, but in a competitive segment with stonic/vezel/hrv/cx3 as a budget suv.

Swift 1.0 cheapest was 69k, if price goes lower, its gonna sell like hotcakes to fight against hatch like fit/jazz/note.

Swift handling trumps all but not so for price.

• Praise 1

Maybe it's like scross where the plug the 1.0 turbo engine into it but vitara is heavier, might be quite a drag to pull the car though.

Oh I thought it's the 1.4 turbo that was launched in other countries last year.. 

↡ Advertisement