Swift Owners

Hoppe

6 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Yes. It's not worth more than 80k since the Mit attrage (which share the same miserable performance as the 1.2RS) is retailing for 75k now.

Don't be fooled by the mild hybrid because it's not a full fledged motor that can contribute power to the petrol engine. 

Hi ceecookie! Thanks for replying! So in your opinion the new hybrid Swift should be considered in the same league as the Attrage? 

But from my understanding from the read ups gathered online is that, the make of the Swift in general is much much better than the Attrage, so should we take that into consideration?

Just a very new bird with a lot of questions looking to be educated, so don’t mind me 🙂

↡ Advertisement

Don’t think Swift should be in the same league as Attrage. The build quality and drive of the Swift is much better.

Attrage should be compared to Hyundai Accent and Perodua Bezza IMO. Price about the same. My dad bought the Attrage last year during CB for only $63999 with $3000 servicing credit.

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t think Swift should be in the same league as Attrage. The build quality and drive of the Swift is much better.

Attrage should be compared to Hyundai Accent and Perodua Bezza IMO. Price about the same. My dad bought the Attrage last year during CB for only $63999 with $3000 servicing credit.

Hi Fcw75! Thanks for your input!

In your opinion then, is $87k at the current COE of around $40k reasonable then? Or what should be a more reasonable zone?

And congrats on your dad scoring the Attrage at that price! Think it’s a very good price!

Edited by ChemieOpso
Add on.

29 minutes ago, ChemieOpso said:

Hi ceecookie! Thanks for replying! So in your opinion the new hybrid Swift should be considered in the same league as the Attrage? 

But from my understanding from the read ups gathered online is that, the make of the Swift in general is much much better than the Attrage, so should we take that into consideration?

Just a very new bird with a lot of questions looking to be educated, so don’t mind me 🙂

I would suggest you have a feel of both attrage and swift at the showrooms and test drive both of them. 

If you don't mind second hand, second hand swift 1.0t from 2019 are going for 70k+. This would provide better drivability with the turbo engine.

Whether the 1.2 swift is suitable also depend on your driver profile. If you are a young person or young family, it may not suit you given the small interior space and the weak engine. But if you just want it for simple point to point transport for 1-2 pax then it would suffice.

Edited by Ceecookie

26 minutes ago, ChemieOpso said:

In your opinion then, is $87k at the current COE of around $40k reasonable then? Or what should be a more reasonable zone?

And congrats on your dad scoring the Attrage at that price! Think it’s a very good price!

Actually it should $84900 now, the SE Whatsapped me. Of course if can be below $80K, it should be ideal. But do take note that scrap value should be only $2500. This new swift is feature packed with the Suzuki safety support suite (lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, etc).

Have you went for a test drive? Got a SE? This SE I contacted was recommended by bros here.

Yes, your age play a part too. If you are young, the 1.0T is better with more horsepower. But if you are mid 40s and above like me, the 1.2 hybrid is confirm smoother. The 1.0T is 3 cylinders which will have more vibration and the 1.2 hybrid is 4 cylinders.

My family have both the new Attrage and a 13 years old Swift. I actually enjoyed driving the Swift more because the drive is smoother.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

15 minutes ago, ChemieOpso said:

It's reasonable if you solely consider that it's the cheapest AD hybrid car now, and it has decent level of equipment/features.

Not sure what you mean "what should be a more reasonable zone?" cos Suzuki prices (and basically any entry-level car) are basically non-negotiable.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

I would suggest you have a feel of both attrage and swift at the showrooms and test drive both of them. 

If you don't mind second hand, second hand swift 1.0t from 2019 are going for 70k+. This would provide better drivability with the turbo engine.

Whether the 1.2 swift is suitable also depend on your driver profile. If you are a young person or young family, it may not suit you given the small interior space and the weak engine. But if you just want it for simple point to point transport for 1-2 pax then it would suffice.

Hmm did consider fairly new used cars before, actually still considering all options. But a bit apprehensive of used cars market bcos, again new bird, scared to be carrot chopped if a bit blur 😞 Plus read so many used car horror stories here and there.

Yes in fact your last point is spot on! Mainly 1-2pax ferrying A-B car 🙂, and availability in case of urgent use.

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Actually it should $84900 now, the SE Whatsapped me. Of course if can be below $80K, it should be ideal. But do take note that scrap value should be only $2500.

Have you went for a test drive? Got a SE? This SE I contacted was recommended by bros here.

So $85k is quite fair? 

Also still doing HW and considering other makes, so not at the stage to contact SE yet though but thanks 🙂 Anyway this SE you talking about is it that Angie/Angela that I keep seeing popping up in this thread?

Don’t mind me asking what makes her so recommended? O.o or got referral fee de? Hehhhehheh

5 minutes ago, ChemieOpso said:

So $85k is quite fair? 

Also still doing HW and considering other makes, so not at the stage to contact SE yet though but thanks 🙂 Anyway this SE you talking about is it that Angie/Angela that I keep seeing popping up in this thread?

Don’t mind me asking what makes her so recommended? O.o or got referral fee de? Hehhhehheh

5 minutes ago, ChemieOpso said:

So $85k is quite fair? 

I don’t know your definition of fair. What’s your definition?

Yes it’s Angie. She and Angela are two different person. No one shared her contact with me here, I had to msged Suzuki Singapore on Facebook and then she called me. 🤷🏻‍♂

I haven’t met her yet or test drive, I only whatsapped her and find her very responsive. She will msg her customers of any promotion.

Edited by Fcw75

34 minutes ago, ChemieOpso said:

Imo, swift is not in the same league as attrage. Swift's sworn enemy has always been the jazz. 

The handling has always been known to be good and a good car for first time owners.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, ChemieOpso said:

So $85k is quite fair? 

depending on the omv and parf? this 1.2 swift hybrid might have some rebate which brings your parf value even lower.

if swift is going for 85k, might as well buy the avante base model for 89k? i had my 2017 swift brand new for 84k when coe was hovering above 50k, omv was 11k and parf 5.5k. 

might want to consider the used 1.0t swift in the markets, same body and you get a better drive with the little turbo engine. either way, you won't go wrong with a swift, its a fun and nifty car and i had no regrets owning the 1.4NA model for 2 years before trading it in. 

Edited by ferrytales

On 2/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, Fcw75 said:

I agree that the Accent and Bezza are more compatriots to the Swift. Do read up what is the difference between a HYBRID and MILD HYBRID. The latter IMO is a waste of time. I'd skip it and go straight for a proper HYBRID.

For 87k you can get a Vios at https://onlinepurchase.toyota.com.sg/. We really really love the Swift, if we didnt needed more boot space for the baby, definitely would have gotten the non mild hybrid swift.

Have you considered the Kia Stonic? My wife and I like it more than our Vios =D

Edited by yellowshaun

3 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

I agree that the Accent and Bezza are more compatriots to the Swift. Do read up what is the difference between a HYBRID and MILD HYBRID. The latter IMO is a waste of time. I'd skip it and go straight for a proper HYBRID.

For 87k you can get a Vios at https://onlinepurchase.toyota.com.sg/. We really really love the Swift, if we didnt needed more boot space for the baby, definitely would have gotten the non mild hybrid swift.

Have you considered the Kia Stonic? My wife and I like it more than our Vios =D

I’m not the one looking bro...haha.

But for me, 3 cylinders engine not for me that’s why I like this new model coz it’s 4 cylinders.

Kia Stonic? Not so sure about the gearbox. I saw this from C&C Facebook.

I'd like to say I'm pretty satisfied with the Kia after-sales staff I've ever dealt with, especially Ferdie from the Alexandra branch.

However, I got my Stonic in Mar 2019 and since Jan 2021 it has been sitting in the workshop waiting for a replacement gearbox. The latest ETA is 17 Feb 2021 for the gearbox to arrive. This means my car is out for close to two months out of 23 months of ownership. That's close to 10% downtime.

Reason given to me for the delay is that C&C does not have ready stock for the gearbox and even the Kia's South Korea factory do not have one, and so they need to ask their manufacturer to produce a new one. The reliability of C&C's after-sales support, regardless of how professional their staff are, is at best questionable.

As expected, Ferdie was helpful to arrange for a loaner car - Cerato K3 - for me to use during this period. However, I bought a Stonic which I love driving, not a Cerato K3. I definitely do not appreciate this prolonged waiting period, which is so unexpected since I bought from an AD, not a PI.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Will it still be NA?

It's the complete opposite of NA. 1.4 turbo + hybrid.

But... It's manual.

↡ Advertisement