Swift Owners

Hoppe

The 2020 facelifted swift just launched in japan. Seemed like no more 1.0 boosterjet, now replaced with 1.2NA  CVT . Any idea international spec for SG also no more 1.0 boosterjet?

On 9/9/2019 at 10:48 PM, jerchuaaa said:

Hi all, recently bought a swift 1.0T

Looking for a centre armrest. Any recommendations from fellow owners?

TIA 🙂

It's abt 10 mths Old now. Can share hows your experience w the Swift 1.0L? 🙂

On 10/28/2019 at 7:45 PM, Pinping said:

I wasn't prepared. It was my first time buying car too. Haha 

Guess will wait for the 6 bid to end and get my money refunded. 

So did u managed to get yr bid? Or u get your money refunded after all? 

This suzuki thread looks like if dead. Somehow I feel the swift seems to be a little underrated in spore. Don't really see a lot on the road compared to jazz, fit, vios, altis etc. 

I thot there were some reviews previously saying swift is also one of the recommended car for 1st time owner. Hope to see someone who owns a suzuki swift 1L turbo could give some reviews over here. 

32 minutes ago, Vlsc said:

This suzuki thread looks like if dead. Somehow I feel the swift seems to be a little underrated in spore. Don't really see a lot on the road compared to jazz, fit, vios, altis etc. 

I thot there were some reviews previously saying swift is also one of the recommended car for 1st time owner. Hope to see someone who owns a suzuki swift 1L turbo could give some reviews over here. 

I used to own a zc31. Love that little car to bits. 

Suzuki is something like a micro car brand. They are better known for their bike and kei car in Japan. Thus in sg, they are not very well received. Space wise, I think no fight with jazz and Altis. It also does not help when cm refuses to bring in the zc33. 

11 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Somehow I feel the swift seems to be a little underrated in spore. Don't really see a lot on the road compared to jazz, fit, vios, altis etc.

Yup. Especially for the level for spec, price point and neutral band VES (for better parf value).

Are you a would-be owner?

9 hours ago, Disco said:

Yup. Especially for the level for spec, price point and neutral band VES (for better parf value).

Are you a would-be owner?

Yes. Shopping for possibly my 1st car. After reading article on which car will be suitable for 1st time car owner. Swift is under my shortlist. Yet to test drive though. I thot the 1L turbo of 81KW is consider quite impressive. Abt same kW as our family car of 1.5L. Moreover, road tax is cheap too. But looks like owners here are more of the swift sports owner. 

The VES band for this model is consider quite high isn't it? Parf rebate at the end of 10th years is abt 6-7K, higher than Attrage, Note and even Jazz. Facelifted in 2018 is also consider quite a new model.

So I m quite surprised how come it is still not that popular eh??🤔

I am still driving my ZC82S (first car).

I feel that the Jazz is more practical if you tend to lug items around, and is more economical with its CVT gearbox. The Mazda 2 is slightly more powerful/punchier with a great engine. The new Swift's engine is new and not much is known about its reliability yet. For some reason, the new Swift has more boot space than the Mazda 2.

Gearbox for both Swift and Mazda 2 should be reliable and troublefree.

Maybe you want to consider the maintainability over a long term, since less of the same model on the roads = parts will be slightly more ex in general.

I own the swift 1.0 for about a year now. Wonderful little car, great pulling power even though it's only a 1.0T, and economical too, achieving 16km/l on average. 

One thing that irks me is the paintwork is thin. I'm getting stone chips quite easily. That kind that can see bare metal. 

IMG_20200706_214229.jpg

2 hours ago, tweek79 said:

I own the swift 1.0 for about a year now. Wonderful little car, great pulling power even though it's only a 1.0T, and economical too, achieving 16km/l on average. 

One thing that irks me is the paintwork is thin. I'm getting stone chips quite easily. That kind that can see bare metal. 

IMG_20200706_214229.jpg

Wow did u get this from AD or PI? 

9 hours ago, Vlsc said:

1.0 turbo is only avail from AD.

PI ones are 1.2 NA/hybrid.

13 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Yes. Shopping for possibly my 1st car. After reading article on which car will be suitable for 1st time car owner. Swift is under my shortlist. Yet to test drive though. I thot the 1L turbo of 81KW is consider quite impressive. Abt same kW as our family car of 1.5L. Moreover, road tax is cheap too. But looks like owners here are more of the swift sports owner. 

The VES band for this model is consider quite high isn't it? Parf rebate at the end of 10th years is abt 6-7K, higher than Attrage, Note and even Jazz. Facelifted in 2018 is also consider quite a new model.

So I m quite surprised how come it is still not that popular eh??🤔

on paper same. but there is a bad lag before the boost.

the equipment level v high that's y parf much higher.

curise control, hid, cute D steering.  comparing to jazz/note, everything don't have.

I nearly buy it till I test drive mazda2. same price but the engine is 50% bigger, so much better to drive.

both using 6sp auto gearbox but I think 1L cant match with 6sp. 

I test drive those 1L with dsg, the lag is much lesser.

if u looking at performance only, Mazda 2 & got good fc also,  can hit 15km/l on average.

for space, jazz

equipment list, swift.

10 hours ago, Vlsc said:

From AD. As someone mentioned, PI only sells Swift Sports and Hybrid.

↡ Advertisement