Swift Owners

Hoppe

Twincharged
56 minutes ago, DylanChen said:

on paper same. but there is a bad lag before the boost.

the equipment level v high that's y parf much higher.

curise control, hid, cute D steering.  comparing to jazz/note, everything don't have.

I nearly buy it till I test drive mazda2. same price but the engine is 50% bigger, so much better to drive.

both using 6sp auto gearbox but I think 1L cant match with 6sp. 

I test drive those 1L with dsg, the lag is much lesser.

if u looking at performance only, Mazda 2 & got good fc also,  can hit 15km/l on average.

for space, jazz

equipment list, swift.

yes the mazda2 and swift 1.0T are good for driving. the main negative for mazda2 are the rear seats. quite cramped. FC wise i think the swift is just slightly better at 15km/L vs 14km/L for mazda2.

the negative for swift is the vibration from the 3cylinder and the slight lag.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Hmm I thought the lag and vibration are barely noticeable, maybe I'm used to it already. The perceived lag is very often due to the gear being too high, so either step more on the accelerator to drop gear, or do that via paddle shift. Once you're used to it, it will come as second nature. Best thing is, even when driven hard, the FC is still quite decent. 

Oh yah, I also find the suspension a bit too stiff. I hate to drive over strips and road imperfections because of that.

IMG_20200707_185503.jpg

Edited by tweek79

Thanks guys for sharing n inputs.😃 The media player for swift looks very outdated though. Did u guys live w it or "upgrade" to a better one?

Want buy swift just do it. Don't think there's many ppl regret getting a Suzuki. 

If you want fun, then go for swift sport 1.4t.

For Singapore driving, 1.0t good enough. Confirm more fun than 1.3 jazz or attrage. Unless u prioritize space lo. 

Buy new car why worry abt parts replacement, easily 3 to 5yrs before needing to replace parts.

BTW don't get these kind of car with cvt! Cvt is purely focus on economical, and no fun to drive. Glad Suzuki stopped using cvt. 

16 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Thanks guys for sharing n inputs.😃 The media player for swift looks very outdated though. Did u guys live w it or "upgrade" to a better one?

I didn't upgrade cos I only need the radio function. 

On 7/6/2020 at 7:48 PM, Vlsc said:

Yes. Shopping for possibly my 1st car. After reading article on which car will be suitable for 1st time car owner. Swift is under my shortlist. Yet to test drive though. I thot the 1L turbo of 81KW is consider quite impressive. Abt same kW as our family car of 1.5L. Moreover, road tax is cheap too. But looks like owners here are more of the swift sports owner. 

The VES band for this model is consider quite high isn't it? Parf rebate at the end of 10th years is abt 6-7K, higher than Attrage, Note and even Jazz. Facelifted in 2018 is also consider quite a new model.

So I m quite surprised how come it is still not that popular eh??🤔

Cause of the pricing. Top up a bit more and you can buy a decent sedan with more space. 

I traded in my 2017 swift because of that, the lack of space is a hassle unless it's really gonna be a singles or couples car where you knock down rear seats for the boot space. The rear sitting space is almost non existent. 

• Praise 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:52 PM, tweek79 said:

Hmm I thought the lag and vibration are barely noticeable, maybe I'm used to it already. The perceived lag is very often due to the gear being too high, so either step more on the accelerator to drop gear, or do that via paddle shift. Once you're used to it, it will come as second nature. Best thing is, even when driven hard, the FC is still quite decent. 

Oh yah, I also find the suspension a bit too stiff. I hate to drive over strips and road imperfections because of that.

IMG_20200707_185503.jpg

Nice ride....

we have a zc13 whatsapp grp chat and would like you to come inside the chat to share your mods with us.

Any new buyer got their COE 4 days back?

I heard from my friend that Champion didn't even bother to bid on the last bidding.

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Buffy said:

Any new buyer got their COE 4 days back?

I heard from my friend that Champion didn't even bother to bid on the last bidding.

How many bidding is his package and is it guaranteed?

Yes. His is the 6 bid no guaranteed and the first bid Champion Motors didn’t even bid for him. He damn mad n KPKB but nothing can be done.

Similarly, I understand that Performance also never bid during the last bidding exercise. 

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Yes. His is the 6 bid no guaranteed and the first bid Champion Motors didn’t even bid for him. He damn mad n KPKB but nothing can be done.

Similarly, I understand that Performance also never bid during the last bidding exercise. 

Errrr, it’s 6 bids non guaranteed. What’s there to KPKB? Just have to wait lor.

After almost 3 months of no COE, the demand is expected to be high.

No bid is considered one bid, so the pressure is on the dealer to get the COE within the next 5 bids, otherwise refund. That's all there is to it.

Considering Swift is not that popular on the road, surprise they still take their own sweet time. If they don't manage to bid next 5 rounds successfully n give refund instead. No deal done. They so atas meh? Think somehow they will still manage to get a bid n sell their car off ba. 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:33 PM, Buffy said:

Did AD bid for your friendin 2nd Jul bidding? Was it  Successful? 

On 7/26/2020 at 11:44 PM, Vlsc said:

Did AD bid for your friendin 2nd Jul bidding? Was it  Successful? 

Bid at $23k and unsuccessful. They are now counter offering my friend to top up for guaranteed 6 bids COE. Means must wait for another 6 bids. I laughed off my chair my friend told me that. 🤪

↡ Advertisement