Ford Mondeo

Samshio

at that price, I can't think of any other that will offer you the same value. class leading romminess, great handling though a little underpowered for the weight, 6-speed Aisin gearbox, 100K warranty and with lower price today, must be a steal. The alternative is Mazda 6 which handles a shade better. Test drive both back to back before you decide.

• Praise 1

Went for test drive last weekend. Drove the volvo s60 (which was going for around 116k), citroen c5 (around 108k), renault laguna (100k).

All very nice cars. Mondy is going for around 80k which would seem to be good value, even with the low OMV. If you were to scrap the car after 10 years, you would get less money than the high omv cars, but you also pay less upfront.

The other high omv cars which are around the mondy's price range are the japanese cars, camry,accord, mazda 6. However, you pay a premium for the safety, comfort and space the mondy provides over the other cars.

So in short, I would buy the mondeo, if I decide to upgrade my car.

But not at the moment. Because after doing my maths, it is still more worth it to drive my car until 10 years or when it starts giving major problems (touch wood). with the extra savings, I can invest and grow the money instead.

In which case, I'll probably buy the car in another 4-5 years time. which I guess should be nearing the mondy's life span, meaning ... cheaper car ? :)

• Praise 1

It's already on the road. I saw 2 with sports rims & lowered. Very nice.

is anyone aware if Regent Motors bring in the estate version of the new Mondeo MK4?

070209004.4.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

So far so good, I like the spacious interior and boot (hatch), can load two kids bikes (a family sedan cum MPV). Bought @ $84k, not the lowerest (Was $78k few months ago). FC is almost the same as my previous MKII. No sun-roof but replace with auto fold side mirrors, auto xenon adaptive headlamp and auto wiper. Pick-up sluggish (slightly better than previous ride), cruising is comfortable and smooth. Enjoy driving it.[drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement