Ford Mondeo

Samshio

Supercharged

One thing is for sure, once news of this new mondeo comes out, the current mondy will not be able to sell unless v. cheap.

the current one don't sell many anyway, so not much difference lah [laugh]

can't fault Regent for pricing high for better margin,

else how they survive with such low sales volume?

the current one don't sell many anyway, so not much difference lah [laugh]

can't fault Regent for pricing high for better margin,

else how they survive with such low sales volume?

If they're not so greedy and are willing to price their cars at a more reasonable price, they'd have a bigger market share. In fact, I dare say they'll do much better in terms of overall earnings.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Modeo owners, i like to ask which auto shop can do reliable servicing for this car? I have a 2006 Mondeo.

Going back to Regent can be expensive. more over i dun have warranty anymore.

thks

well, Camry 2.0L is now going for $101,988 after 5k discount, still 96,988...

people in this group of cars are not going for good handling or chassis dynamics...like what the Ford Mondeo is being promoted as...

(in actual fact, the steering is a bit too light for enthusiastic driving&cornering, ride is a tad harsh and uncomfy, engine has no downright power whatsoever, thanks to huge and heavy body, rear only capable of taking 2 adults comfortably...3 across will be a squeeze (for my size [laugh] )

people will go for the Camry, for super comfy suspension, quiet and refined engine, effortless acceleration...

Typical of Regent motors to over price their cars for suckers... yeah, I believe they'll try to sell their 25k OMV cars for 125k as you mentioned. Let's see which suckers will bite.

the problem is, there are alot of cheap pre-owned Mondeos. It makes me wonder....is Mondeo really that bad?

Actually to be honest, after test driving the mondy, it's a blardy good car at that price. Much much better than the more expensive accords and camrys... and much better than mazda 6 too. It's really a refined and comfortable ride with excellent handling. Some say it's knocking on BM and audi's door with the excellent handling and quality. I have to agree with that considering it's priced much lower than the premium cars. Won't go wrong with it IMO.

Actually to be honest, after test driving the mondy, it's a blardy good car at that price. Much much better than the more expensive accords and camrys... and much better than mazda 6 too. It's really a refined and comfortable ride with excellent handling. Some say it's knocking on BM and audi's door with the excellent handling and quality. I have to agree with that considering it's priced much lower than the premium cars. Won't go wrong with it IMO.

Ride, handling, refinement,.... spot on.

problem is the perceived quality, the engine, and some of the parts that shared with Focus.

with the Ecoboost 2.0T or 1.6T + Powershift dual clutch gearbox.... that's a different Mondy all together.... but at what price?

Ford Modeo Powerful especially the 2000cc and above one. I recommand this than the audi but the LED lights in the Audi headlamp are so stunning but high maintainence cost.

Let's see how much VA price the car when it arrives here..... facelifted, new Eco Boost 2.0T (direct injection + VVT i + e) and new Powershift dual clutch gearbox. .... 200bhp 320Nm

I bet they wl price it somewhere near Opel Insignia level. .....

I had German Ford before. Road holding, handling, stability is great. wheels bites the floor.

Sound proofing is also fantastic.

Tried 3rd gear at 100kmh

At that time no such thing as ABS, EBD, TC, VSC.

Ford Modeo Powerful especially the 2000cc and above one. I recommand this than the audi but the LED lights in the Audi headlamp are so stunning but high maintainence cost.

Why don't we cpmpare it with the slighly inferior than Audi type e.g Passat, Superb? Do you think the new Mondeo can be better off than those 2?

Why don't we cpmpare it with the slighly inferior than Audi type e.g Passat, Superb? Do you think the new Mondeo can be better off than those 2?

Its been 3 years since the MkIV mondy has been released but i still give it a 2nd look unlike the passat and the superb. So superficially, Yes. I will take the mondy over the german counterparts.

Its been 3 years since the MkIV mondy has been released but i still give it a 2nd look unlike the passat and the superb. So superficially, Yes. I will take the mondy over the german counterparts.

I am not refering to look only la. What about comparing performance and FC as well?

I am not refering to look only la. What about comparing performance and FC as well?

FC really depends on your driving style, performance-wise i'm not sure how much lagging the mondy will be in relations to its german counterparts so it's really negligible.

Having driven Fords before i'm more inclined towards the mondy.

if you truly want a good handling car, but on a budget,

i'd recommend the Mazda 6 over the Ford Mondeo, purely because the Mazda 6 is physically a lot smaller and more fun to drive....

but for comfort wise (interior space), and build quality, the Mondeo is definitely the way to go....

but if RM / VA would want to market this car, with the high price, it has to come with tonnes of features too....as seen in the Opel Insignia....

the Ford badge alone, can't command the premium paid in say an Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz....

↡ Advertisement