Have you ever park your car in the airport while in oversea?

Joemit7850

i going to HK from 27-29/10 planning to drive there since the taxi charge won't be cheap either with the midnite charge,

have you tried?

↡ Advertisement

Bro,first thing first.Parking there is definitely much much more expensive than taking cab there.Unless you're telling me that you stay in Yuan Ching area,all the way to Changi.And midnight plane to and fro HK.Then probably parking there is much cheaper.Btw,if not wrong,1 day should be 16 plus or 32 plus.Forgetten,but last time i parked for 1hr plus,it's 3 dollars plus or so.

Neutral Newbie

i am a frequent flyer and also wondered if it is worthwhile to park my car at the airport or take a cab.

on my recent trip, my flight was at 0720am 15th of October and will return to SG on the 19th at 0100hrs.

Total parking charges at SGD70.64. Total parked time at 3Days 19minutes and 14secs.

Considering the early morning/advance booking charges, parking at the airport is equal or cheaper than taking a cab.

Of course, if you were to leave the country for like more than 4Days, parking charges will then be more than your cab fares.

Hence, if your parked duration is around 3-4days, it makes sense to park your car there.

dun know leh, i used the estimated calculation from the website cost about $52+ for the whole duration of 3 day (about $13+ per day maximum) and for cab which i tried from my place at Hougang to Airport normally cost about $25+ include midnight charge which the cost will be almost the same for 2 way.

I stay at YCK and quite frequently take the cab to airport at odd hours. On normal rates, it's like $16 at best? If midnight surcharges, max around $25 even after paying credit card. If I have to detour to office first, it'll cost $30?

Both ways to/fro airport max $50 normally. I think it's difficult to be cheaper to keep the car there in airport and I don't think it's more convenient? Carpark normally much further to walk as compared to taxi stand.

And it's not considering the petrol costs....

edit: forgot to say I always call a cab.

Edited by Kianbeng

i going to HK from 27-29/10 planning to drive there since the taxi charge won't be cheap either with the midnite charge,

have you tried?

usually i will get a friend/family/relative to send/pick up.

they can use my cars or their own cars. Give a small angbao for their kind help lor.

Win-win situation.

If not i will ask my brother's son to send me and loan him my car.

He will be more than willing to send/pick me up, always return my car with a full tank too. [laugh]