Calling all Honda Jazz/Fit - Do you plan to upgrade your brakes?

Yewhiong

Calling all Honda Jazz/Fit - Do you plan to upgrade your brakes?  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• Not planning at all because the brakes is ok
    • Change the brake pad
    • Change the SSBH
    • Change the brake rotors
    • Change the brake calipers
    • Change my rear brake drums to disc

I am newbie in brakes... all i know that i'm on drum brakes... they are fine so far... as for drum, what would be the next level? Change to disc brakes? Need ur help bros [wave]

ditch the stock pad, get better ones, current rotor is good for sprited driving even, unless you track then big brake kit like those 285mm ones will do wonders, rear forget abt it, just change to performance drum brake shoe will do, or else the brake pressure distribution will cxxk up [:)]

Rear drums are ok because most of the braking power comes from the front, that is where the focus should be.

that said, you cannot just upgrade front without adjusting the bias for the rear. it's scary how many big brake kit users get the largest front rotors/calipers but use the stock rears! it's recipe for disaster, especially since they think they can stop better...

Is it really light weight? If i'm not wrong it weighs more slightly more than 1 ton for the new fit/jazz. Anyway the stock brakes sucks.

Edited by Andyngps

bigger rotors is like lppl if u are using stock calipers.

i think the stock ones are good enough. just upgrade to better brake pads.

if the stock calipers fit, it will increase the leverage and also have bigger surface area for cooling. for the same force applied by the caliper, there will be more braking force overall

but that's if they fit [:p]

A more economical way to save cost... Wait till stock brake pad is finished. Changed to performance brake pad (You must tahan the brake dust)... Still not happy, also changed the brake shoe.... Wait till brake line have to change - > Change to SSBH.

Then braking power [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
bigger rotors is like lppl if u are using stock calipers.

i think the stock ones are good enough. just upgrade to better brake pads.

I will whack your lan with a baseball bat. Who told you larger rotors is LPPL ? [:|]

Larger rotors has larger contact surface. This increase friction coefficient which equates to larger contact surface. Heat dissipation also improved has you don't overheat the brakes as quick as compared to stock.

You think wrong. The better the brakes the better it is. Cars with half the horsepower can close the gap with braking.

Neutral Newbie

Rear drums are ok because most of the braking power comes from the front, that is where the focus should be.

that said, you cannot just upgrade front without adjusting the bias for the rear. it's scary how many big brake kit users get the largest front rotors/calipers but use the stock rears! it's recipe for disaster, especially since they think they can stop better...

What you said is only right to certain extend.

With some of the big brake kits, they are capable of running with stock master cylinder. The use of which is able to regulate brake bias evenly even if the front has more brake bias in percentage terms as compared to the rear.

With the Tarmac Rally Evos, they upgrade the front calipers, rotors and pads but keep stock rear. This is because (without mentioning any names) some of the brake companies have 4 pistons rear calipers which most would find, distort the brake balance of the entire car. Most of the race cars you see today that actually upgrade both front and rears have a brake bias proportion valve which enable drivers to adjust brake bias according to their driving styles.

I see alot of cars in Singapore upgrading to 6pot front and 4pot rear. Looks good. Problem is do they know how to use it ? No point upgrading to big brake kits if the driver does not use the right braking technique. In the end the big brake kit will only increase their braking distance rather than shorten it.

agreed, but what i meant was the brake surface still dependent on the size of the calipers, regardless the rotor size?

as in the calipers can only bite so much outta the rotors no matter how big they are

an example would be a small mouth would take only small bites outta piece of pie, no matter how big it is,

but a bigger mouth would be able to bite a bigger piece off the same or bigger size pie?

does it work that way?

↡ Advertisement