Who says $1800 (gross) is enough to get married?.....

Gearoil

Who says $1800 (gross) is enough to get married?.....  

97 members have voted

1. 1.

• Tell the FT to go fly kite lah!..it's much cheaper!
    • Maybe the FT was thinking of the currency rate of that of his own country and not what it's worth here.
    • Can lah!...marry but don't have kids!
    • His was misled into thinking he is a 'talented FT' with a great future here!
    • Get married?...better don't lah...those Sinkies earning this much are already sinking now!
    • Why not?...I'm able to manage so why can't he, right?
    • Can get married here but don't stay here or have kids here thereafter.
    • Others , please enlighten

In light of the post, of an FT claiming that our authorities are 'hindering' him to get hitched here becos he was earning about $1700 per month...

Who says if you are earning $1800 to $2000 per month, you are financially able to get hitched here( at present living standard and inflationary rate )...with the fact that you have...

1) NO housing...

2) Parents to support...siblings too...

3) Kids coming along the way, with not much increase in your foreseeable salary structure? [;)]

↡ Advertisement

End of the day, it's about managing one's expectations of the qualilty of life. I have known a case whereby the total income of the whole family is less than 1K, 2 parents, 3 kiddos plus 1 elderly. all squeezed into a small rented flat. unsure.gif

None. They are honest people. The father was injured in an accident and the mother had some sort of long term illness and couldn't work. Most importantly, they are contented and much more happy than many people I know. wink.gif

I'm not shy to admit, when I got married a few years ago, I was earning all of $1,900 per month. I even managed to get a 5 room HDB flat (walk-in selection during the SARS), and we moved in with rather minimal renovations.

My point is, even earning less than $2K a month, it's still possible to get hitched and have a family, as long as one live within his means. Tough but not impossible.

1k where got enough ??

childcare $300 x 3 = $900 (all at home not so busy. no need childcare)

food, $10 x 5 x 30 = $1500 ($20 can settle one day food for whole family. not rich eat simple)

rental flat = $300 (Today newpaper 1 room flat rental is only at $60. Who says our gov not helping? but still not enuff)

pub = $100

from the above, min $2000 man.

so new calculation is

childcare $0 x 3 = $0

food, $20 x 30 = $600

rental flat = $60

pub = $100

min is $760. you struggle. but still able to get by

Neutral Newbie
End of the day, it's about managing one's expectations of the qualilty of life. I have known a case whereby the total income of the whole family is less than 1K, 2 parents, 3 kiddos plus 1 elderly. all squeezed into a small rented flat. unsure.gif

[thumbsup][thumbsup]

thats true bro...its about managing your expectations and what you want in life. If everything also you want then cannot lar....some pple here are already complaining about $$ not enuff eventho they are paid 5k salaries....

Yup, that's right. It's all about managing expectation. thumbsup.gif

Not having meal at fancy restaurant, no branded goods, buy only when necessary. we are able to survive. thumbsup.gif

I'm not shy to admit, when I got married a few years ago, I was earning all of $1,900 per month. I even managed to get a 5 room HDB flat (walk-in selection during the SARS), and we moved in with rather minimal renovations.

My point is, even earning less than $2K a month, it's still possible to get hitched and have a family, as long as one live within his means. Tough but not impossible.

[nod][nod][nod]

I think I drifted. Was replying to another topic with the family income of 1K.

As for FT, I really dun give a hoot about them. If $1800 is too little, why come here in the first place? tongue.gif

Bro, i second your post [nod][nod][nod]

Cos i was jus like you before [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

Same as Drive_carcar, Mzrmazda3, agree that $1.8k is sufficient. They need get new flat instead resale, probably can get reno loan paying saying 200 a mth. For rest furniture, they can buy one a month. [;)]

Just lesser luxurious stuff, which is "want", not a "need".

thing is try save up a bit monthly for rainy days. [nod]

↡ Advertisement