Website to check the Manufacture Year of your Japan made Vehicles.

Tploh

Hi all,

Need help regarding year of manufacture. Just bought a new car through VW. Salesman told me that the model of the year was 2016. Car was registered last friday. Year of manufacture was 2015. Is there a possibility of this? How can I verify that the year of the car model is indeed 2016 given that SG doesn't really follow the VW standards as per their website.

What can I do about it? Not very happy buying a new car which been sitting in factory for 2 years.

• Praise 1

Does it matter what is the car model year? 

It is like USA system where cars released for sale in 2017 are called 2018 models.

When it comes to selling, most important is the car manufacture year which in this case is 2015.

For practical purpose, look at the tyre specs and check the manufacture year and month. That is more important as it determine how soon u will need to change your tires from your own pocket as old tires harden despite not being used. 

Hi all,

Need help regarding year of manufacture. Just bought a new car through VW. Salesman told me that the model of the year was 2016. Car was registered last friday. Year of manufacture was 2015. Is there a possibility of this? How can I verify that the year of the car model is indeed 2016 given that SG doesn't really follow the VW standards as per their website.

What can I do about it? Not very happy buying a new car which been sitting in factory for 2 years.

Twincharged

Hi all,

Go to Case & complain.... [furious]  [bigcry] 2 years not sitting in Factory,but in a local open Yard,exposed to Rain & Sun...P/s check Your Paintwork...see is it Resprayed before.?Ask Your Salesman,Why He did not tell you the Year of Mfg.?Most likely the Model You Bought are "Unsaleable" Model like the Beetle...

↡ Advertisement