Anyone tried GSC for car servicing?

Tanlc

U guys should just do more research before any repairs. Take the effort to ask....So many people on online who knew good workshops, contact numbers of reliable mechs.....u guys can just PM them for info...i's sure they are glad to share the info. Keep a copy of reliable workshops contact details in your wallet or phone....

Nevertheless, AD is still the best. Yes, the cost may be high, but still should anything happen/s, it is still easier to settle rather than outside.

I really hope these b------ds workshops to get burn down to the ground. f--king dishonest and unreliable....

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro

Wish to share my experience with GSC. Previously I sent my car to change the brake pad, after changing there alway noise whereby when i tried to brake on the roard.

I did went down to the workshop a few time with regards to the same issue. However, they just helped me to put some oil where by they claims that as brake pad was new, it will need some time to get use to it.

This problems occured about 2 to 3 months. One day when I looked any my brake disc, there alot scratches. I went down to the workshop and they insist that the caused of the brake disc was not because of their brake pad that previously sold it to us and insist the problem was due to the rotor.

I am kinda dissappointed as they should tell me in the first place since I went down a few time and caused me to paid extra for the change of brake disc. Based on the above incident, I wiil NEVER recommend my friends or me myself to go that workshop as they keep claims that they got ISO certificate whereby I do not this will judge their services.

Thank and regards

Anonymous

To my knowledge and observations, ISO = I Sure Overlooked [:p]

U guys should just do more research before any repairs. Take the effort to ask....So many people on online who knew good workshops, contact numbers of reliable mechs.....u guys can just PM them for info...i's sure they are glad to share the info. Keep a copy of reliable workshops contact details in your wallet or phone....

Nevertheless, AD is still the best. Yes, the cost may be high, but still should anything happen/s, it is still easier to settle rather than outside.

I really hope these b------ds workshops to get burn down to the ground. f--king dishonest and unreliable....

I believe there are many MCF Members in each respective Car Club here who are friendly, generous, and kind to advice each other what to do for thier car model. Just ask for help/advice. Example: I always offer any road safety advice I know for free (I would be sad if there is casualty)

Neutral Newbie

I believe there are many MCF Members in each respective Car Club here who are friendly, generous, and kind to advice each other what to do for thier car model. Just ask for help/advice. Example: I always offer any road safety advice I know for free (I would be sad if there is casualty)

Yes it is good that we have such forums so that we can share about our experiences be it good or bad. Also agree that we should do some "research" before doing anything since there is information available readily here.

Neutral Newbie

totally agree... first time went there down to urgency... need to replace the 3 rubber supporting my kelisa exhaust... end up no stock.. they went out to get it and after which fix for me..

Guess how much... it cost me in total 85bucks inclusive of worksmanship...

Recently rubber breaks again.. i went to some shop in Ubi.. bought a pack of 3... and it cost only 31. Feel total rip off.. definately will not go back there..

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

My colleague just went to service his car at GSC - Northlink and commented that the workshop is really dishonest. He had been experiencing juddering while driving his latio thats and decided to have it check in case anything happens during this festive period.

Here is the breakdown of the charges on the receipt that was issued to him after some checks. spark plug - $120, diagnostic check - $80, service throttle body - $120, labour charge -$50. Total with gst = $395.90. The cost would have been more if my friend had not stop them from changing more parts! Doing a diagnostic check at my regular workshop only cost about $40. What is more, the mechanics there tried to get him to change parts when it was not necessary.

This is really a dishonest work shop that i think we should avoid.

Mr Prodigy and your friend Mr Ng

GSC Auto Services Pte Ltd noted your feedback and have taken a very serious view about your comments.

Mr Ng was informed about the charges, agreed and signed on both sides of the vehicle service report before we proceed to do the jobs.

We advised you to unreservedly apologies and remove your postings by 28 Jan 2012 Sat 12pm.

Do take note of the forum's disclaimer message.

GSC Auto Services reserved the rights to pursue and will not hesitate to proceed legal action deem necessary.

The Management

GSC Auto Services Pte Ltd

GSC Auto Services Pte Ltd noted your feedback and have taken a very serious view about your comments.

Mr Ng was informed about the charges, agreed and signed on both sides of the vehicle service report before we proceed to do the jobs.

We advised you to unreservedly apologies and remove your postings by 28 Jan 2012 Sat 12pm.

GSC Auto Services reserved the rights to pursue and will not hesitate to proceed legal action deem necessary.

The Management

Dear GSC Auto Services Pte Ltd,

1. Please advise the reason that you want Mr Prodigy and Mr Ng to remove his posting.

2. Please advise the reason that you want Mr Prodigy and Mr Ng to apologize.

3. Please advise the options of legal actions that you have or you consider that you have.

Thank you.

They gave a warning to Mr Prodigy to remove his posting by Jan-28 or they might want to take legal action. Mr Prodigy's posting is still here and they are not taking any action. They did not even clarify the reason they wanted Mr Prodigy to apologize and to remove his posting, and they also did not clarify the legal action that they have or they consider that they have.

I would wish they had taken legal action to prove their case, if they consider they have one. Or else, I wish that this "lawyer letter" of theirs should not have gotten its way to deter the forum users to freely share comments on the service quality of workshops around the island. As this forum has been a great avenue for the users to identify good and not-so-good workshop.

only had one experience wtih them about 2 years back..wanted to replace my driver's side headlamp which had turned cloudy.

they quoted me over the phone for a new set so i made appointment and went down...

First i was told to wait for about 2 hours for installation, ok...i went off for a meal and walkwalk.

after an hours plus, received a call from them telling me no stock, but they have one from scrapyard. quoted me same price and claimed as good as new (??)..

did not feel comfortable and rejected the offer. Told them firmly no-go and that i wont pay.

quickly rushed down and collected my car away. Luckily didn't pay for anything beforehand.

The Management

Since this is a car forum which is of interests to all participants and readers alike, it is worthwhile to note that you have also registered as a member to this forum and posted the above as representative of GSC Auto Svcs P/L (GSC).

Can I therefore presume that you had read the various posts in this thread pertaining to the 'unfortunate' experience of those posters with GSC and/or related companies?

If affirmative, it may be helpful if you could take the trouble to clarify / respond to those posts accordingly instead of issuing threats and/or possible course of legal action to Prodigy's for his post since it is apparently reinforced by earlier posts of others?

Response from you being the 'horses mouth' to clear the air would be most appreciated for the benefit of readers to this topic and perhaps exonerate GSC and/or the companies mentioned.

Have a nice day! [wave]

Edited by Neutralsg

Since this is a car forum which is of interests to all participants and readers alike, it is worthwhile to note that you have also registered as a member to this forum and posted the above as representative of GSC Auto Svcs P/L (GSC).

Can I therefore presume that you had read the various posts in this thread pertaining to the 'unfortunate' experience of those posters with GSC and/or related companies?

If affirmative, it may be helpful if you could take the trouble to clarify / respond to those posts accordingly instead of issuing threats and/or possible course of legal action to Prodigy's for his post since it is apparently reinforced by earlier posts of others?

Response from you being the 'horses mouth' to clear the air would be most appreciated for the benefit of readers to this topic and perhaps exonerate GSC and/or the companies mentioned.

Have a nice day! [wave]

That's like not a plus point to the public relations.

I thought it would be better to ask the forumer: Prodigy to clarify his comments rather than issue warning over a public forum.

It is like slapping in the face.

The Management

Mr Ng should worry if the charges are false.

GSC should worry if the charges are true.

Simple as that when it comes to legal action.....

Why worry?

hmmm no more update??

I am sure that GSC have the phone number of Prodigy so that they can contact him directly rather than writing in the forum to ask him to remove his posting.

Anyone tried GSC or Action Garage for servicing their vehicles recently? Have their service improved?

Happened to see their sponsored ad in google. Their offer is very tempting - Shell Helix Ultra 4l synthetic oil change, oil filter, spark plugs for $98 nett.

http://1actiongarage.com.sg/index.php/1actiongarage_promotions/

Or better to just service at any Shell petrol station at Shell Pro Serve same package but excl spark plugs at $118 nett?

All I require is the normal 10,000km type of servicing, as major servicing with all fluid change was done at the last servicing.