Anyone tried GSC for car servicing?

Tanlc

This is a big ripoff workshop avoid at all cost ! I towed my car to them after scanning myself with my OBD and knew it was ignition coils issues , when I reached there , the female boss or watever insisted to do a scan charging me extra $80 ! I told her it’s not necessary just replace the ignition coils with original coils . She said it’s their SOP to do scanning first before any repairs . I asked  her if I do the ignition coil replacement with u , will I still be charged extra $80 ? She insisted ! So I waited for her to fo the scanning And indeed I was right , the ignition coils needed to be replaced and she quoted $1,200 ! I paid up the $80 I was ripped off for scanning and got my car towed to another WS ; with scanning costed me half the price ! If they had been reasonable I would’ve done the repairs with them . Who in his right mind wants to pay twice for towing ? 
in all my years of owning cars , I have never been charged for scanning especially if repairs are done with the WS scanning . 

↡ Advertisement

@fnbdasia1 Bro, If you have see my early comment, you won't go to GSC. I face ignition coil problem this year. The lady owner quote me $40 to confirm i am right on ignition coil and $720 for renewal. I told her "No" and drive off. I go to other workshop and get quote for $250 for the whole job including spares.

You are smart, never agree on $1200. Last time quote me $720, they are improving. Now they want $1200. They just want to do one time business.

went to the workshop last month>>> here is their common CHEATING scenario:
- a mechanic comes and tries to find out the problems.
- a senior mechanic Mr. Soh comes and seems that your car is really in trouble (two people keep looking at your car).
- a lady boss comes telling you the workshop has been doing it for 20 years and it is difficult to find a person like Mr. Soh who is very experienced and yet not pension....
- then the lady boss will say.. this (usually the main part that is very expensive) needs to be replaced.. the cost is cheaper than others and it will take only a few hours to change.  (Nothing is replaced) 
- see the comments titled "Not worth for money "
- see the comments titled "Worst Workshop Ever "

By the way, Mr. Soh is the lady boss' husband. 🙂

avoid at all cost... previous two drivers have warned you.. here is another warning... never never bring your car there!

Edited by visual_
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Hi all, you guys can try this shop for servicing i just went for my servicing yesterday intro by one of my friend. No hidden cost no gimmick. Attached pic is their current promotion package. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 2 #03-01 call or whatsapp them 8879 9500 for an appt.

e99a8819-6553-4ace-a736-fc2f8a10afee.jpg

52 minutes ago, 94577491 said:

Hi all, you guys can try this shop for servicing i just went for my servicing yesterday intro by one of my friend. No hidden cost no gimmick. Attached pic is their current promotion package. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 2 #03-01 call or whatsapp them 8879 9500 for an appt.

e99a8819-6553-4ace-a736-fc2f8a10afee.jpg

Thanks for sharing! So egar to help all the brothers here 👍🏻 Join forum to tell us this lobang!

BTW I still have $6,000 service credit with Lexus think will look for you 4 years later bah if your workshop is still around 😁

• Haha! 4

I've the same very bad experiences with this workshop too. This workshop GSC Auto Services has been blacklisted twice in Sgp. AVOID this workshop.  They're not honest. I've the same scenario as what being told by the lady boss when I sent in my car for diagnose. They will quote you $40 for diagnose then rip you with all kinds of charges later. Then the lady boss will try to sell you her husband has >20yts experiences... Etc. 

HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED. 

• Haha! 1

GSC@North link, many cases reported to CASES  of chopping cust & abuse trust to them on car servicing. Strongly NOT recommended unless you like to get chop. Many cases have been reported on this workshop past many years for over pricing & integrity. They lure you with attractive servicing package & tell you scary story to change this change that. They will keep asking you to paynow them urgently to place order. Once you pay them, they will drag you & you’re at their mercy, your car will probably hang there until they sourced cheapest replacement parts for you but charge you the original OEM price (many cases reported this already). Don’t trust them if the lady boss keep pestering you to pay her. If you don’t pay/change, the boss Soh & his wife will change face immediately. Report to CASES or police if you know/discover that your car being replaced by recon parts when they charged you the original factory price.  

@D3badge don’t trust GSC, cheap servicing package is to lure cust there, then they will tell you to change this change that (GSC markup at least 50% from spare parts another 40-50% on labors), you can get cheaper & reliable parts from Autobacs instead. 

22 hours ago, Alice123 said:

@D3badge don’t trust GSC, cheap servicing package is to lure cust there, then they will tell you to change this change that (GSC markup at least 50% from spare parts another 40-50% on labors), you can get cheaper & reliable parts from Autobacs instead. 

@Alice123 get a life! make that your new year resolution for 2022! you join this forum on Tuesday just to refute GSC? 🤣🤣🤣you think everyone so lazy and gullible to make decision base on comments and review from the internet? when one dun even know most forumers here in real life? 

BTW read my post before replying trying to defame GSC in this forum which I dun even know where this GSC is located!!

1 hour ago, D3badge said:

@Alice123 get a life! make that your new year resolution for 2022! you join this forum on Tuesday just to refute GSC? 🤣🤣🤣you think everyone so lazy and gullible to make decision base on comments and review from the internet? when one dun even know most forumers here in real life? 

BTW read my post before replying trying to defame GSC in this forum which I dun even know where this GSC is located!!

Though I won't trust a newbie post immediately, but if Alice123 can at least post a receipt of her servicing, still have to give her benefit of the doubt. Could be someone who is really upset enough to create an account to voice unhappiness, or a competitor trying to sabotage, so it could go either way.

That said, too many negative comments even before him/her, even from some seasoned members here.. many other workshops out there la.

22 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Though I won't trust a newbie post immediately, but if Alice123 can at least post a receipt of her servicing, still have to give her benefit of the doubt. Could be someone who is really upset enough to create an account to voice unhappiness, or a competitor trying to sabotage, so it could go either way.

That said, too many negative comments even before him/her, even from some seasoned members here.. many other workshops out there la.

I dun used GSC as I got service credit from agent distributor, see my previous posting . Just annoyed all these newbie try to act your bff 😂 when they didn’t even read your posting ( I Suan GSC I might use them 4 years later if they are still around when I used up my service credit with Lexus) and create accounts to sabotage others 

Edited by D3badge

Neutral Newbie

I don’t usually write review. My intention is to warn others before sending their car into this blacklisted workshop which I find very unusual by getting people fall into their traps. My bad for not reading the past reviews before sending my car there. The conning tactics apparently similarly (or the same) to past review by those that conned/mislead by this workshop (GSC Auto Services Pte Ltd@Northlink). I gained nothing to defame them, just wanna warn others to beware/cautious on this workshop, nobody like to overprice or mislead by the workshop for something that are not true. Happy New Year & good luck to all that read/appreciate this post. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Another advice to others who has car breakdown or malfunction…etc, don’t be panic & attracted to workshop that offered diagnostic services during public holidays/weekend. As mentioned by reviewer(Invigorated), also other reviewers, read reviews from all car related forum before you send your car into their workshop. Also, read to find out/understand as much as you can… what’s the possible rootcause of your car model breakdown. 

Neutral Newbie

I’m not the type to put bad review on others. But this. Needs to be highlighted. 

so our aircon gave us issue just nice 2 days before raya. So issues arise on 30 April, a Saturday. We were contemplating to wait till Raya is over and head over to our own workshop or get it sorted out so that we don’t struggle in the hot weather during our Raya. We have toddler and wife heavily pregnant and u can imagine how cranky they gets if they are hot and sticky. So of course we decided to spend abit extra (since we know we are getting it fixed over the long PH) . 

found a workshop at Northlink. GSC Automotive . Send it over they checked mentioned compressor is spoil and one of our high pressure pipe has leak. Ok fine. Decided since we only left with just 1 year with this car, we’ll just go with a recon compressor. Quoted us $500. I clearly know this on normal day can give me a brand new compressor. A recon probably cost jsut roughly $350 for a Toyota rush . So for the sake of PH etc we accept it when they quote us $500.

Mind you they are also charging us additional $40 just for checking our car too. So total was $540.

When we arrive at the workshop abt 3 hours later to collect, we tested, the aircon didn’t really feel cold. So we waited till they finish with whatever remaining work they are doing on the compressor. I felt something not right already abt this. But towards the end sure the aircon become reasonable cold so ok we accept it. My wife did raise to the boss casually that the aircon just change but don’t really feel that cold. His reply which I heard from afar ‘your window still wind down and car haven’t started moving. If you want very cold then you change to brand new.’ My wife  got shock with his reply claiming that it doesn’t sound like a professional reply from a so called good mechanic that his wife claims when she went into the office to settle the payment with her.

cut story short. We collected the car on Sunday evening (1/5). Driving was fine with reasonable aircon feeling on that day itself. Then on Monday, the problem started! (1 day only hor) the aircon became so warm when the car is stationary and will be slowly turn cool when it moves. Hmm $540 worth of money and this is the quality given? It wasn’t even a week / months! It’s just been a day. WIN.

we are just too busy to immediately settle this with them on the day itself. So yea we had our Raya with a HOT car. Imagine my cranky wife face throughout our journey guys. Haiz. Only on the coming Thursday after we manage to slot in some time for this, we needed down back to the workshop. We are still under warranty (3 months) for the compressor. There’s so much heated argument that took place which honestly I can’t be bothered to elaborate here. You guys can just imagine what when through la ah.

They kept our car for another 2 days! f**king 2 days just to settle aircon issue! And worse still after collecting it back, a few days later, POOOF the aircon totally just died on us. This time round we can’t even use the aircon, if it’s on, our engine will total shut down. I have an infant and my wife is heavily pregnant at week35. I just can’t drag this and continue fighting with a workshop that clearly already have the intention to rip off our money. Totally no integrity in their work and customer service. So yap we brought this to our own workshop and the first thing our mechanic said. Bro of course CMI, this is a kancil compressor they gave you. No one outside wants it anymore that why they just throw give to your car. Sorry la I’m not pro with cars (I only started learning on cars a year ago, I still have more to learn). 

cur story short my wife said, enough la just let it be and settle the aircon cause she wants to die already in the car with this SUPER HOT weather. Treat it as a lesson learn. NVR EVER go to a random workshop with no recommendation.

may god bless your workshop GSC automotive. Eat all these dirty money u can for as long as you can ok. Peace.

btw invoice issued was under 1 Action Garage Pte Ltd. Not sure why not the same company as per the signboard.

77E7521E-FFA0-4CB0-A276-EFB9C38015F1.jpeg

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys beware of this 'Black Shop" i also kena con by this dishonest lady boss.

Try this workshop on early Jan for car servicing due to this workshop open on Sunday and nearby my place. During servicing lady boss will keep whatapps you any additional parts needed for servicing such as radiator coolant and flushing ($48), brake fluid and flusing ($35), air filter OEM ($38). Thinking just small amount then ask to procee. But, later on i received msg saying car low battery and need to replace new battery I-stop Hoppeck ($159) (including trade in old battery), okay fine maybe just wear and tear, so never think too much and ask her  to proceed. Lastly, 1 more msg saying front motor no moving,  need to replace one set included workmanship for total cost of$480. Managed to nego with lady boss to change only 1  motor fan and charged me $270. End up total servicing fees $658.

My Second visit was on 21 May 2022 2pm(saturday) due to dashboard flushing some warning light(engine light, parking & brake syambol), so i went there again for car diagnostic. I was informed that car diagnostic is $40, so i'm okay to proceed but 1 hour later the lady boss told me your car look like seriously problem need to have further dismantle the part and with additional checking cost of $80 . She said that her workshop is "hospital" and my car is her "patient" Now Doctor tell you that you need to stay overnight at hospital for details check. The result can only come out by Sunday or latest by Monday. Then i ask her what is the actual issue of my car, she get her technician show me the device directly and saying that i think you can read and know the issue. Then i asked her since you said you are doctor and i need to admitted, i must know what is your initial diagnosic. If i can read the issue with the device, why i still need to send my car for checking? After that, her technician said that my car is ABS system issue, and the boss Mr Soh just stand in front my car and take a look and never mentioned anything. The next day around 12pm, i msg the lady boss asking her the checking result. She told me that result will come out today. After 30 min, i was inform that my car Alternator got probblem need to replace with original $1,250 and Recon $590. Actually i'm thinking overnight and found that this shop is not professional when answering my question and google again for the review, found that come with all bad review. Then i tell the ladyboss i don't want to repair and decided send to other workshop for checking again.

Today, i went to Wah Lin Motor service at Bukit Merah Lane 3 for checking as intro by my friend. The boss Ah sheng is very good, polite and professional guy. After checking, he told me that my car issue is due to my previous battery replacement did not connect properly and caused some warning light appeared, sometimes sterlling will be locked , radio will be disconnect suddenly. He also found that my brake casing was removed and put at the corner of car and never install properly. He fixed all these issue for me + checking and never charge me any charges. He also said that my car alternator still in good condition and no need to change. 

Now i recall my 1st servicing at this 'Black shop" maybe nothing changed but kena chop. So, i paid $778 for this "black shop" to learn a lesson and finally found a reliable workshop.

HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED and need to blacklist this dihonest and con workshop.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Aiya.... should have read this forum before going down to GSC Automotive, Northlink Building 😔 But this is on me, I should have read up more before even contacting them.. OH wells, lesson learn.. So here's my experience with this workshop..

I experienced mouldy smell in my AC during a drive especially when I decrease the temp & increase the fan speed (on my usual drive, it was at fan speed 3 out of max 7 & 24 degree). Hence, I decided to go down to GSC Automotive to take a look (one of the worst decision in my life) since I had an off day. I texted this auntie name Jasmine and arrange to go down at 10.30am, 31 Jun 2022. 

When I reached the place, they asked me the same questions as what you've read previously by other people -

Auntie: "do you have anything you want to change apart from mouldy aircon?" "do you feel cold for your AC?"

Me: "no, im good. Just want to check on AC mouldy smell." 

Auntie: "That will be $40 ah, just checking on it."

Me: "ok sure, go ahead"

So they proceed to wayang abit and then 10 mins later, a technician walk over and tell me "your AC compressor maybe got issue, not cold" to which is my surprise cause I feel ok and the issue for me right now is the mouldy smell. I walked over and asked "is it cause no gas?" Apparently he just pointed to the machine assuming I know how to read it, and said that gas is enough, its the compressor.

After awhile, they say need to change AC Compressor with the charges as follow:
Recon Compressor - $380

New Compressor - $550

Directly import from Japan but used - $480

I personally feel that they didn't provide a lot diagnosis regarding my issue and just pinpoint its AC Compressor and push me to change. So I rejected them by saying I'll consider it but today just want to clear the smell. So they proceed to pour some chemical in and mentioned that "it might help" to tackle my issue. But if smell still persist, need to change cooling coil. While waiting, the auntie Jasmin come again and say "Hey, I got another new compressor which my Boss's friend used for 2 months after selling his car. Do you want it? I can let go at $480". At that point of time a lot of warning signs already, you can sell a car without an AC compressor meh? So i politely rejected her and say i will KIV. After everything's done, paid $158 and wanna leave the workshop, my bonnet still open. Ive to close it myself. On the second day of my drive, i realised my usual AC setting is blowing hot air.. To which I super annoyed, I dont know what they do to my AC and seriously can't be bothered to go back. Cause I know they confirm will tell me "See i told you, your AC compressor got issue." Hence, Im creating this post to WARN people not to even consider them. Take it as paying $158 as a lesson. 

Apart from all that, they paste sticker on my windscreen and car key to promote their business without my permission. Which literally made me WTF. Something's wrong with them.

Moving forward Im going to another workshop my friend recommended at Sin Ming Auto, hopefully he will be able to resolve my problem.. 

PS: I do not usually leave review but after reading all these comments on GSC Automotive, I'll want to emphasis the fact that for people considering this workshop, PLEASE, just don't. 

PPS: I realised this after doing business with them... They do not have a Google Business Account & their Facebook business account cannot let people leave review / no ratings. I'm dumb to not realise it sooner..

Edited by YakuzaKiryu
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Yawnz. Makes you wonder why so many ppl like to go to that workshop despite there is a thread to warn ppl here. It should be closed due to bad rep. Is it because they are offering the cheapest car servicing deal in town or in the North?

Good news the borders have open up.

↡ Advertisement