Anyone tried GSC for car servicing?

Tanlc

I used to go there for servicing at Northlink. The boss was quite friendly. I go there because it is near my house and it was recommended by my type of car forumers.

wad car u driving? what car model they are competent in?

(edited)

They tried to strike my friend!!!!!

1 week after servicing the car, the car stalled while driving, overheated. Found out that radiator no water, suspect leak. Send back to Northlink.

They survey and conclude that radiator crack and quoted $880 for radiator, water pump, and thermostat (outside only quoted $300 plus). They also took the chance to study the engine and say that engine damaged because of no water and need overhaul and quote additional $2500 for engine repair. They say that $2.5k is expensive cos got to change engine internal parts and need to change the water pump and thermostat! (Isn't that double charging?!?) Also, they quote $180 for workmanship initially.

But next day, he decided to bring to another workshop, they say If he don't repair car with them, workmanship is $450! They delay the towing of the car out of their workshop saying that they got to meet deadline of other customers' cars, no time to move car and engine out of the workshop (yes, engine is stripped down to the bolts and small parts); have to wait till next week. When he insisted on collecting his car immediately, they let him collect it after making him wait 4 hours for them.

At the alternative workshop. Radiator repairs, only the top radiator cover spoil, no need to change radiator, not cracked. Engine no need overhaul, only change gasket. New quote is slightly over $1,000 as compared $3,300 from that dishonest Northlink workshop!!!

Edited by Rantwb

Yeah, this so called WS in Northlink, whether it's GSC or watever name they called themselves are the same boss wif diff sub company, the one behind charge w/o GST, the real one in front ( Action Garage ) operate mainly for service maintenance and diagnosis.

One half year back, saw an advertisement in sgcarmart for air-con gas top-up svc, so gamely I went off checking out this far away action garage WS, Why so? The name say so, I wanted to know why the name so " Gung ho ' mah !

Little did I realise that it operate as a cover, the receptionist was very friendly and nice, the chinese boss was even nicer greeting me with good morning and showing me his laptop on interactive,maintenance repairs ; HOw to list his WS on the first page so on . . . I even give him my advise on IT, bottom line, I went there to do a simple air-con top-up job . . .

The chinese boss started rattles off how he wanted to buy a landed pty in Sembawang and how he owes a brand new Mark X, ( die die must test drive from SP to Malacca & back ) if he like what he drives, he will buy ) Trying to impress me, I just sing along.

Since my car was so simple job, he say I need to change air-con filter ( $18.00 ), I went along with it, as it shows some dirt after 2half years ride, OK, then he so ' How Lian ' that he show me the Jaguar brochure that he just booked a unit yest . . . Wat was he thinking ?

Action garage service was superficial, but nice boss/ friendly staff does not meant efficient service and value for money, My verdict was far from humble, he will see people whether he can chop or not, if he think he can, he will go ahead and do it.

For me: I stay strictly by my rule of thumb, : Just do what I feels right, do not allow them to exploit your weakness, ask for quotation and seek your friend advise before allow them to start work on yr car. OPen your eyes wide and observe what they do to yr car, never trust anything they do, they think SP driver are idiot, knows nothing, simply pay as and when we are ask to . . .

Always stay near your car while they work, they like to ask you to rest in the lounge or take their free coffee/T, This is their tactic to manipulate their monkey biz, telling you to change this/that, causing fear and incite anxiety that your car was in bad shape.

As driver, we know our car better than the mechanic, always seek 2nd opinion ( ask AD for opinion 1st ) and do not make hasty decision to this NOrthlink garage, the boss and his wife are believed to be Malaysian PR, from their mandarin speaking accent, sure he has been here for many years, taking advantage of Singaporean's lack of car knowledge.

He charges are relatively high to maintain his Jag and his troops of con-artiste, not all of them, some are raw, some are skillful, not all are bad apples, The smaller shop behind does not charge GST, I insist of not paying since I made the enquiry from the shop, He did comply on my stance.

Avoid GSC and Action Garage by all means

They tried to strike my friend!!!!!

1 week after servicing the car, the car stalled while driving, overheated. Found out that radiator no water, suspect leak. Send back to Northlink.

They survey and conclude that radiator crack and quoted $880 for radiator, water pump, and thermostat (outside only quoted $300 plus). They also took the chance to study the engine and say that engine damaged because of no water and need overhaul and quote additional $2500 for engine repair. They say that $2.5k is expensive cos got to change engine internal parts and need to change the water pump and thermostat! (Isn't that double charging?!?) Also, they quote $180 for workmanship initially.

But next day, he decided to bring to another workshop, they say If he don't repair car with them, workmanship is $450! They delay the towing of the car out of their workshop saying that they got to meet deadline of other customers' cars, no time to move car and engine out of the workshop (yes, engine is stripped down to the bolts and small parts); have to wait till next week. When he insisted on collecting his car immediately, they let him collect it after making him wait 4 hours for them.

At the alternative workshop. Radiator repairs, only the top radiator cover spoil, no need to change radiator, not cracked. Engine no need overhaul, only change gasket. New quote is slightly over $1,000 as compared $3,300 from that dishonest Northlink workshop!!!

Aiyo, how come ur friend nv chk sgcarmart. treat it as a lesson?

Neutral Newbie

Aiyo, how come ur friend nv chk sgcarmart. treat it as a lesson?

sgcarmart's review link posted. can see why some ppl might have been conned....

gsc

Just come across this car workshop via their pamphlet thrown on my car.

They provide free pick-up and drop-off to/fro nearest MRT station. Not bad [rolleyes]

But I'm also concern about their service quality and price. [confused]

Anyone sent their car there for servicing before?

Anything to do with GRC?

They did not service my car before. Their workshop is behind my house.

I did get them to change brake pads before. That change is very basic and so no problem lah. But hor, they took the initiative to top up water for my wiper screen. End up after topping up the water, they forgot to close the cover. I discover that on my way home after the visit.

Another thing I find is their lack of knowledge. Like for my ride, even a bo-chup owner like me know that my mitsubishi CVT cannot use other brands of auto transmission fluid. Die die must use original mitsubishi ATF fluid. But GSC people told me for mitsubishi CVT, can use other brands. They are the only mechanic to tell me so. I have checked with other mechanics, AD, a few MCF brothers who drove the same make and those who are knowledgeable. All say mitsubishi CVT must use back original mitsubishi ATF fluid. That tells you how good they are.

Apart from that, they have very nice and cheerful lady receptionists and cashiers and a couple of friendly mechanics.

So lucky, they did not had a gang of learn-through-mistakes Apprentices with your car(laugh). I ever met AD who used my car for Apprenticeship training model (the model not so many buyers yet).

a workshop that claim that they can convert a family car to out perform a performance car using some german technology... wat do you think?

Any guaranteed accidents after that?

I tried and I have some integrity concerns with this company. I do not think I will go back there again. In my second visit to GSC at Sims, the mechanics was quite pushy in selling me the aircon servicing package. My mileage then was only 30Km. He advised me to change my aircon compressor oil. Initially I was a little skeptical about this aircon oil thingy as I never heard of this requirements before. The aircon servicing was not cheap,it cost $98. In addition, the package also remove aircon bacteria. I declined his offer. Guess what he did? He used fear tactic on me. He warned me that if I do not do it, I would need to pay many times more when the aircon breaks down in couple of years time. It was not that I fear the threat but I began to feel uneasy liao. In the end I let him do the aircon servicing package.

At the end of the servicing, I finally realised what I was paying for. This aircon servcing packaging was to top up the coolant(refrigerant) and steam the aircon car interior to remove bacteria. I felt ripped off. And it was not a package as per advised. The package was split into 2 components with individual pricing according to the invoice.

My conclusion:

1. The use of psychological tactic on customer was unacceptable.

2. The mechanics was not truthful, forthcoming and lack of knowledge. If he would have told me it was coolant, I would have d

I tried and I have some integrity concerns with this company. I do not think I will go back there again. In my second visit to GSC at Sims, the mechanics was quite pushy in selling me the aircon servicing package. My mileage then was only 30Km. He advised me to change my aircon compressor oil. Initially I was a little skeptical about this aircon oil thingy as I never heard of this requirements before. The aircon servicing was not cheap,it cost $98. In addition, the package also remove aircon bacteria. I declined his offer. Guess what he did? He used fear tactic on me. He warned me that if I do not do it, I would need to pay many times more when the aircon breaks down in couple of years time. It was not that I fear the threat but I began to feel uneasy liao. In the end I let him do the aircon servicing package.

At the end of the servicing, I finally realised what I was paying for. This aircon servcing packaging was to top up the coolant(refrigerant) and steam the aircon car interior to remove bacteria. I felt ripped off. And it was not a package as per advised. The package was split into 2 components with individual pricing according to the invoice.

My conclusion:

2. The mechanics was not truthful, forthcoming and lack of knowledge. If he would have told me it was coolant, I would have d

My conclusion:

2. The mechanics was not truthful, forthcoming and lack of knowledge. If he would have told me it was coolant, I would have declined the package in a more decisive manner.

3. No doubt the staff are friendly, they like to probe about your family. They even want to proble on what and where will you be bringing your family over the weekend. Twice I went there and they asked the same set of questions. Up to the point of making payment, they still wanna ask about my family. Hiaz.....I think they are trying to be friendly but over do it without any sincerity.

4. The additional $98 paid for the aircon servicing package defeated the purpose to achieve a more economical servicing. (Final damage was $248) Bloody idiots!!!!

I believe in many professions, they turned conmen when business gets competititve.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

My colleague just went to service his car at GSC - Northlink and commented that the workshop is really dishonest. He had been experiencing juddering while driving his latio thats and decided to have it check in case anything happens during this festive period.

Here is the breakdown of the charges on the receipt that was issued to him after some checks. spark plug - $120, diagnostic check - $80, service throttle body - $120, labour charge -$50. Total with gst = $395.90. The cost would have been more if my friend had not stop them from changing more parts! Doing a diagnostic check at my regular workshop only cost about $40. What is more, the mechanics there tried to get him to change parts when it was not necessary.

This is really a dishonest work shop that i think we should avoid.

Hi Bro

Wish to share my experience with GSC. Previously I sent my car to change the brake pad, after changing there alway noise whereby when i tried to brake on the roard.

I did went down to the workshop a few time with regards to the same issue. However, they just helped me to put some oil where by they claims that as brake pad was new, it will need some time to get use to it.

This problems occured about 2 to 3 months. One day when I looked any my brake disc, there alot scratches. I went down to the workshop and they insist that the caused of the brake disc was not because of their brake pad that previously sold it to us and insist the problem was due to the rotor.

I am kinda dissappointed as they should tell me in the first place since I went down a few time and caused me to paid extra for the change of brake disc. Based on the above incident, I wiil NEVER recommend my friends or me myself to go that workshop as they keep claims that they got ISO certificate whereby I do not this will judge their services.

Thank and regards

Anonymous

↡ Advertisement