Ugly singaporean

Adam251

Neutral Newbie

sorry folks but had to vent this somewhere ... today went to one of those "longkang" fish place for kids where kids can catch "longkang" fish like we did when we small ... what's frustrates me was it's the PARENTS not their kids that goes all out catching these goldfishes in these shallow ponds ..

what worst was a number of these kiasu parents catch until their small 6inch by 4 inch fish tank that was provided is full to the brim with goldfish ... imagine those small tanks filled with about 30-50 goldfish ... come on now don't tell me you have a huge fish tank at home to put all those fish .. why so greedy??? in the first place its for the kids not for the parents ...

there are signs which says only kids allowed in the pool and not more than 5 fish per tank ... I would understand if you want to help your kid catch a fish but to scoop out 50 and squeeze them into that tiny tank its too much ... it shows your greed .. you know half of those fish will die by the time you reach home let alone survive until next week ...

and all this done while their brat kids stomp around and slapping the water surface stunning whatever fish that's left behind ... they also position their maid to prevent other kids from going to the spot where they had "chopped"

maybe it's just my luck that today there were at least 3 or 4 such greedy kiasu families but it sure spoils the trip for the rest of the other families ... looking at what's happening I didn't let my kids catch fish today ... a number of other families that arrive after us also decided to just move on ...

I feel it's a real shameful act by these parents that had obviously teach their kids that greed is good and to destroy whatever that left behind so others can't get it ... shame on you !!!

Edited by Adam251
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Declare Jihad on them.

Tomorrow Singapore will be a better place. [laugh]

Even the Minister Mentor has said he will not see Singapore transforming itself into a gracious society in his lifetime. This is something I'll have to agree.

Maybe in 50 yrs. But not in my lifetime.

I vaguely remembered that SPCA was rather against this activity. Now i know why [sweatdrop]

Shame on those kiasu parents. Their children will not learn how precious life is!!

i think even sadder is the fact that they gotta go to an artificial longkang and pay money to engage in such past time [laugh][laugh]

singapore still have real longkang to catch longkang fish. glad that my dad brought me to have such fun [bounce2][:)][:)][:)][:)]

but seriously sheer kiasuism is rampant. just a matter of how it manifest itself only [shakehead][blush]

ya singaporean very Ugly I must admit,I feel shame [blush] for my fellow country man,next time post them on stomp and let the whole nation see [;)]

Bro... nothing new lah... such greed is typical in asian societies especially among Chinese who grew up with the concept of "the more the merrier", "must make many many $$$". Singaporean Chinese (I assumed in your incident) are just decendants of immigrants from China a century ago.. Our parents/grand-parents are "labourers", not the rich families btw. Then, Singapore went into independance and our well-intentioned LKY embraced meritocracy to make Singaporeans work-hard and smart to attract foreign investors.. Our education system, society values, government policies largely promotes meritocracy isn't it?? [shocked]

While Singapore have achieved certain level of affluence, our people are still not up to that matching level in graciousness yet.. Not many can transform themselves until perhaps they live in a gracious country for an extended period. In fact, most Singaporean won't even understand what is graciousness.. (May be donate to NKF in hope of winning a condo is graciousness to them)

Monkey see monkey do.. Singaporean kids unfortunately don't have many good exmaples to follow in their character building.. IMO, Singaporean parents fails badly when it comes to setting moral example. Years ago, gf and I were at Pierce Reservoir and "Do Not Feed Monkey" signs are everywhere.. Sadly, dozens and dozens of family cars still stopped by with daddy/mommy teaching their kids how to feed monkeys. [thumbsdown]

My gf was furious and told them to stop feeding for the survivial of the monkeys (these monkeys will not avoid vehicle as they associate it with food and that can be fatal). 10 out of 10 of those parents either brush my gf off or even argue with her.. In my mind was WTF.., these parents expect their kids to obey them when they defiantly break the law in broad-day light?

Just focus on bringing up your family in a more gracious way bah... that's the best we can do to transform this country... in 2 centuries?? [laugh]

That's true the parents are already teaching the kids how to be kiasu and behave like them.

I'd never forget the one time a friend and I took a free and easy tour to BKK. Everything was nice until coming back. We left the hotel and boarded the coach to the airport.

Lo and behold, we have to meet a typical Sg family already on board.

Since the big coach was empty besides them, we just took a couple of available seats.

We were shocked when the kids told us the seats we have taken is "RESERVED".

Ok never mind, we moved to other seats...again we were told the seats were "RESERVED".

I was getting rather angry at this point, while their parents looked on and said nothing...seemingly approvingly what they were doing.

Reserved the whole freaking coach for the fxxking family who paid just as much as we do.rifle.gif

Sorry to say, when I get out of this country for holidays, I avoid Singaporean especially families.

Some of these commericial ponds provide nets so small, the kids have problem to catch even one fish. My ah girl tried for almost 15 mins without success. Almost in tears liao.

Papa have to come in, be a bit tactical and within few minutes got 20+ fishes liao. [laugh]

And ya...these fishes are are damn weak, next day all died!!!! Even with a proper pump. [dead][dead][dead]

Those long-kang fishes better. Those i catch at seletar reservoir can easily last a few weeks. [shocked][shocked][shocked]

Caught a few live prawns too. [nod][nod][nod]