Recent Rainy weather-Drive carefully.5 single accident in a day.

Failali

Neutral Newbie

30/10/08 05:18 Accident on PIE towards Jurong before Bedok Reservoir Flyover. Avoid lane 1.

30/10/08 04:50 Accident on ECP towards Changi Airport at Marine Parade Exit. Avoid lane 1.

30/10/08 04:08 Accident on AYE towards Tuas

30/10/08 08:40 Accident on CTE towards AYE near Whampoa Flyover with congestion till AMK South Flyover.

30/10/08 09:24 Accident on AYE towards ECP after Clementi Rd Entrance.

Got this from SgForums. The weather is simply tak boleh tahan. Rain stop rain stop. Hai.

Pls dont tailgate and speed or engage in reckless driving in this weather, Its more braking distance needed to slow.Unless your car is equipped with good brakes, dont even try.

Looks like the weather is perfect for those who jam break purposely to earn a living

1) Switch on headlights in bad weather

2) Don't switch on hazard lights when you're driving in the pouring rain

3) Don't speed

4) Signal your intentions early

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

got good set of brakes also useless if the car behind you is using puny brakes..you can brake in time..doesn't mean others can..unless every car is using all round 8pot brembo calipers, slotted and drilled disc plus high performance pads.. [laugh]

nuthin to do with the rain... its the car population....

back in 2001, I need only 10mins to drive from home to work place....

now....I need 30mins for the same route.....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I remember my father and uncles did.(our family outing went bad).We were travelling to our uncles place to seek shelter in a convoy(in 2006).It was so bad that in the rain, we were travelling from Jurong to Toa Payoh. using the PIE. (Think cause we did pass by Lornie exit).

We couldnt see even the car light in front of us.We had the wipers moving at thier maximum speed and the road was literally flooded.Cant even see road sign.Was a wonder my father exited finally at the flyover at Thomson. And traffic was as slow as 40-20km/h. All the cars at that time switched on thier hazard lights The whole road was full of blinking lights.We were already on full beam headlights. Even then, it didnt help one bit.the whole family wasnt even allowed to talk or listen to radio,fearing that my dad would get distracted and crash. just the pitter patter of the rain

Edited by Failali

Neutral Newbie

dang..happened to my dad in malaysia..cudnt even see the car beside us..

but my dad had the radio on..altho it was turned down..

he was saying.."ok..i teach you (my bro,sis and myself) how to drive in heavy rain."

started sayin stuff like..play attention to the lane marker..the tail lights of the car infront..alot of stuff la..

if that happens..i'd pretend to have engine trouble, turn on hazard light, pull over under a bridge or smth..and chill for a bit..

ok maybe not. [lipsrsealed]

my dad gets so very irritated when they turn on their hazard light in bad weathers..

LTA already warned against doin so.

Edited by Deathism

In a downpour situation, hazard light should not be on @ all time. It might be misinterpreted. Switch on tail light will suffice.

I had driven in downpour situation on NSH @ 110km/h a lot times. Basic rule to follow is not to follow the ka in front too near. As long as u r unable to see the tail light of the ka in front, u r safe.