Quad Throttle Body

Xiaogary

Neutral Newbie

Any workshop in Singapore do Quad Throttle Body?

Means I have to take out stock intake manifold and fix in quad throttle body custom made to my ride.

I wish to retain EFI, so do not wish to convert to motorcycle (big 750cc or 1000cc motorbike) quad caburettor like what modders in other country do to their ride.

↡ Advertisement

wont be cheap to fabricate...u'll need a standalone computer to do that..unichip wont be enough...u'll need emanage ultimate minimum...forget microtech...u'll have to ditch the AFM and run MAP sensor instead...also there are calcutaions involved esp synchronising the butterfly plates and getting each throttle body to have the same amt of air as the other when u accelerate...that can be tricky...u can try espace @ Ubi there(near fong kim) but dont expect it to be anywhere cheap.

Edited by Qr25vet

Neutral Newbie

Yes. If I go quad, I will go standalone, but I will not use Emanage Ultimate. I will use either Haltech, Microtech, Autotronics. Depends on which one can support my drive.

Currently facing some problem tuning AFR for 4k and above. Whenever my tuner try to set it at 13.5:1 at 4k and above, the Load Sensor will go crazy and give AFR shooting up and down. Seems like the Load Sensor is not wode band enough according to him. Duno what he means also. So my ride now is not really optimised at 4k and above.

Need to sort out the problem, or else I remove power cut also no use. Since unable to tune to max above 4k. However a stand alone is abt $4K+. So I am still considering. But good point is its transferable to next car. So really feel like trashing out this ride to test its full NA potential.

i wouldnt try microtech..doesnt have many compensations...cold start is a bitch...runs very rich(as all microtechs would) haltech's wiring is a bitch...but ECU's way better than microtech...autronic as well...load sensor? or are you talking about MAP sensor? if thats the case its time for a standalone [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Quad throttle will not work without a standalone.

Plus u also need to change to bigger injectors, maybe fuel pump even.

Tuning will be damn difficult.

quad throttle may sound very sweet at WOT, but it doesn't always give optimum performance.

it's not as easy as slapping on a quad throttle stack, standalone ECU and begone. it's not about ECU tuning. it's about air intake velocity. it's a complicated process that needs sophisticated air-flow measuring tools that workshops would not have, unless they are in the business of developing engines/components, etc. it's very technical process that requires detailed study and design.

of course, there have been engines that have successfully gained power from ITB, for example the Toyota 4AGE. there are many tried and tested kits. but if you are trying to start from scratch by slapping on a motorcycle-sourced ITB, it's gonna be an uphill and expensive task.

depends on what car you have. there's a workshop at Ubi area that has done a few ITB conversions for Hondas.

I've seen a 4AGE quad throttle on a Lancer before as well.

The owner managed to fit it in but removed it as it was too impractical for daily driving.

Daily driving was like super laggy compared to before, could've been unsuccessful tuning too.

Not to mention that the sound of the engine was way too loud and sure to attract unwanted attention.

(edited)

heres one properly setup individual throttled engine and yes its stock for your info [sly][thumbsup]

n814750286_1504127_4632.jpg

heres another one :

n814750286_1477869_5953.jpg

all in a days work....wahahahaha

Edited by Qr25vet

Let me guess BMW M5 [flowerface]

yup yup...one of them is the V10 E60...another is the older E39 V8...suprisingly all of them run from a ari flow sensor...thats cos they've got a plenum for all the throttle bodies....only exception is the new E92 M3 which totally runs on MAP.

Neutral Newbie

Recently i hav replace a throttle position sensor for my honda fit, after resetting the engine check light still on n cannot accelerate. Can help pls?

Recently i hav replace a throttle position sensor for my honda fit, after resetting the engine check light still on n cannot accelerate. Can help pls?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a while, then re-connect it again? Sorry, am just shooting in the dark here! Am no guru, nor am I a DIY person. But cannot accelerate sounds like an ECU problem to me. Perhaps you could go back to the people who changed the throttle sensor for you?

↡ Advertisement