VISA require for China?

Deadsoulz

Hi all,

I'll b gg to CHINA , Guangzhou end of the month. Just to check if VISA application is still require after the Olympics ?

↡ Advertisement

if ya a Singaporean...nope, already lifted in mid Sept.

Good of you to ask.... I was suppose to go on a business trip to Shenzhen on 1st Sept.....

Found out abt the VISA requirement (was told by HR tat its only required during Olympics period).... only when I was checking in @ T3

But.... my Japanese colleagues are allow to go without VISA during...... TMD

unimpressed.gifunimpressed.gifunimpressed.gif

hi bro,

confirm no need, i have had a two trip visa during Aug ~ Oct. after the oil.limp.pig, their immigration didn't even bother to flip n search for it.

Btw, your ticketin agent shld handle these for you [pirate][pirate][pirate]

mice

Neutral Newbie

Still need visa if stay more than 15 days....pls check with Chinese embassy...the rest of bros who claim no need visa for even up to 60 days...can share how u do it? dun tell me ur uncle surname is HU hor [laugh]

The government of P.R. China has decided to waive visa requirement for Singapore citizens holding ordinary passports traveling to China for a short stay effective on 1 July, 2003. Details are as follows.

1. Ordinary passport holders traveling to China for the purposes of business, tourism, visiting relatives and friends, and transit for less than 15 days starting from the date of entry are exempted from visa, and can enter and exit from China's ports open to foreigners. Passport Control Stations will check on the passport validity of individuals. Those intending for an extended stay of more than 15 days can apply for a visa at the local Public Security Organ after entry into China. Overstayers will be punished by the Chinese Public Security organ or Passport Control Station according to relevant law.

2. Ordinary passport holders traveling to China for more than 15 days or for the purposes of study, work, residence and journalism as well as diplomatic and official passport holders are still required to apply for a visa beforehand as it is at the Chinese embassies or consulates overseas.

↡ Advertisement