How much is SAF regular's salary?

Ahtong

Does anyone know much SAF regulars make a month?

Is it true the LTCs and COLs make at least $10k +?

What about fighter pilots? Junior officers?

↡ Advertisement

I guess you are diploma holder? I peeped at my SSG's pay slip before. I think he makes $2400-2500 only. But then he is a farmer soldier.

Any idea how much LTAs and CPTs earn?

It depends on whether you are a farmer or a scholar. Also, there are different kinds of scholars in the SAF. Local scholarship is 3rd class scholar, earns less. Bulk of overseas scholars are 2nd class scholars, earn more. 1st class scholars are the SAFOS scholars, which includes the President's Scholars - these earn the most. Dun be surprised, a SAFOS MAJ can earn close to 10k.

Had a discussion with a friend. I said SAF Officers should be quite rich. He says no way.

Looking at the table, I would say that SAF pay is only fantastic if you have a good degree.

Turbocharged
Does anyone know much SAF regulars make a month?

Is it true the LTCs and COLs make at least $10k +?

What about fighter pilots? Junior officers?

having 10k doesn't mean you can spent on the money and live a life of a rockstar...cos you'll retire at 40 and depending on wat you do in the SAF, you may not be able to find a job of the same salary after that....then jialat liao.

Many regulars spend and spend, chiong, cars, fun....then they come out they start all over again with nothing much left in their savings. I got a few fren like dat. of course also got those super save one, can start family early by the time they retire the kids should be almost working liao.

Edited by Pocus

Neutral Newbie

1)How many pple that sign on make LTC and COL?

2)How long do they take to get there?

3)How many pilot trainees get chopped before they go solo?

Neutral Newbie
It depends on whether you are a farmer or a scholar. Also, there are different kinds of scholars in the SAF. Local scholarship is 3rd class scholar, earns less. Bulk of overseas scholars are 2nd class scholars, earn more. 1st class scholars are the SAFOS scholars, which includes the President's Scholars - these earn the most. Dun be surprised, a SAFOS MAJ can earn close to 10k.

Yes..u are right...I had a friend who intentionally reveal to me that his pay is 11k plus...and he is a Major nah...but as what some pointed out..40-45...take gratitity $$$ and have to leave unless..u become Star..

Had a discussion with a friend. I said SAF Officers should be quite rich. He says no way.

Looking at the table, I would say that SAF pay is only fantastic if you have a good degree.

No leh, my friend now CPT with diploma can buy merc and ang mo chew le.....

If CPT only, can buy mercy buy ang mo choo, he must have some special support from somewhere lah. If not, he will surely be hare hare chuan, panting more than his IPPT.

↡ Advertisement