Toyota Estima

Tantohheng

Turbocharged

hi. anyone here driving a more than 10yrs old estima? i'm thinking of getting a renewed coe estima. wanna check if current owners can provide feedback n share if there will b any issues. 

↡ Advertisement

13 hours ago, Shorty said:

hi. anyone here driving a more than 10yrs old estima? i'm thinking of getting a renewed coe estima. wanna check if current owners can provide feedback n share if there will b any issues. 

its very reliable

@Shorty I am driving a 2016 model. Bought it in early 2021 and had almost 1 year of owning it. Not a COE one but left 4 years on its clock. 

As others mentioned, it should be very reliable and low maintenance cost. I too was considering a COE one and after comparing its yearly depre and hunting around, I decided to go for a parf car instead. I'm sure wear and tear is there and maybe a COE one would needed frequent visits to the workshop. Other than a higher road tax and maybe FC, you save on insurance and monthly installments. Looking at the number of COE Estimas on the road, I would think that they are really reliable. Just request to send the car for a thorough/pre-purchase check before buying it. 

Happy hunting. Cheers!

On 1/1/2022 at 11:45 PM, Shorty said:

We have a 2014 Estima Aeras and it is very reliable with no extraordinary issues to date. Common wear and tear items as with any cars.

Given that the ACR50 has been around largely unchanged since 2006, it speaks a lot about it's longevity. The 2.4L 2AZ-FE is from the previous generation and in various Toyota models. While detractors say it is archaic, it is a proven workhorse of an engine. 

Other than that, as usual a >10 year old model attracts higher road tax so you have to do your sums what makes more sense, depending on your planned usage. 

Happy hunting!

Told by mechanic that earlier batch of ACR50 has steering wheel column issue and would need to be replaced. 

One of the best car I owned was a ACR30. Fond memories of the road trips that includes fraser hills. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:39 PM, Wormee said:

@Shorty I am driving a 2016 model. Bought it in early 2021 and had almost 1 year of owning it. Not a COE one but left 4 years on its clock. 

As others mentioned, it should be very reliable and low maintenance cost. I too was considering a COE one and after comparing its yearly depre and hunting around, I decided to go for a parf car instead. I'm sure wear and tear is there and maybe a COE one would needed frequent visits to the workshop. Other than a higher road tax and maybe FC, you save on insurance and monthly installments. Looking at the number of COE Estimas on the road, I would think that they are really reliable. Just request to send the car for a thorough/pre-purchase check before buying it. 

Happy hunting. Cheers!

Hi. Thks for ur reply. A 2016 is considered relatively new. Wouldn't expect a Toyota of this age to hv much problem. But the thing is I will need to fork out more down-payment n higher mthly installment for a PARF car. Although it does come if better peace of mind, I guess? 

Still weighing my options on which way to go.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, iamahbee said:

We have a 2014 Estima Aeras and it is very reliable with no extraordinary issues to date. Common wear and tear items as with any cars.

Given that the ACR50 has been around largely unchanged since 2006, it speaks a lot about it's longevity. The 2.4L 2AZ-FE is from the previous generation and in various Toyota models. While detractors say it is archaic, it is a proven workhorse of an engine. 

Other than that, as usual a >10 year old model attracts higher road tax so you have to do your sums what makes more sense, depending on your planned usage. 

Happy hunting!

Not sure what does numbers mean. But I take it u r saying that the engine has remained the same fm old to new model? It does make us worry lesser knowing that the engine has been used for so many yrs.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Hi. Thks for ur reply. A 2016 is considered relatively new. Wouldn't expect a Toyota of this age to hv much problem. But the thing is I will need to fork out more down-payment n higher mthly installment for a PARF car. Although it does come if better peace of mind, I guess? 

Still weighing my options on which way to go.

Hi, let me add  one more option to your equation. Consider buying this, try for 1.5years, if condition of the car is good, renew COE, if not, sell  it off and get back the Parf plus body value. Your risk exposure is mumimum. The risk of having to repair is the same as that of a COE car. The only other risk is if the COE premium will to go further up next year, you will have to pay higher PQP.  But to renew COE yourself would save you  the  dealer margin.  Both my cars are COE cars and i extended the COE myself , that was how i got the saving.  Hope that helps.

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=997467

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2