S'poreans' pickiness about jobs puts employers off

Metalslug

We got to read local media articles with a pinch of salt. This mentality may apply to a small portion of locals, but I do not believe it is generally true. We've also got to consider the costs of living etc. that creates a strain on families, as both husband and wife have to work to make ends meet... either way someone has to be around to look after the kids/parents etc. News articles these days tend not to offer both sides of the story. Seldom do they ask "why?"

I guess it may be true in some industries. But employers also shun certain job applicants wat. I used to be in sales but as I applied for clerical posts, no phone calls from them. Why? Because they are of the thinking that salesmen won`t last long as they will go when a sales opening is available. It takes 2 hands to clap.

The Blood Pressure Miracle

well..they gotta noe the most important thing is the pay. sometimes its not pple wanting to shun jobs but can u imagine paying S$1.2k to a person and wanting him/her to work 6 days a week? after cpf left S$960..after transport barely S$900. after food barely S$700. after giving hsehold allowance? dun even noe can hit S$400 or not. now tell me, who wanna work?

if pple think this is bullsh|t, it happened to me 2 yrs ago when i was hunting for a job. i'm glad i haf a job tat pays me way more then tat now. if this is the salary companies wanna give, then they are better off looking for bangalas.

If you comprain until like this....I got the 'perfect job' for you!

Take over Wong Can't Sing's job and you'll be singing praises about that job in no time! [sly][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Of course, the best perk is you can cxck-up BIG time on this job, riding on a BIG FAT PAY Check and you'll still NOT be fired! [laugh][laugh]

Is there such job like the above in existence in the first place? [sly][laugh][laugh]

We've also got to consider the costs of living etc. that creates a strain on families, as both husband and wife have to work to make ends meet... either way someone has to be around to look after the kids/parents etc.

yalor yalor.......my kids nobody take care, have to dump to nanny. [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

rubbish.

i am a Singaporean, i work shifts, even on public holidays like chinese new year. in fact, 95% of my colleages are Singaporeans, only 1 or 2 FT but they are already PR.

take my friend as eg..he earning 1.3k as a air con technician whom is a malaysian..at age of 22 he already got a terrace house and a car at jb

what is 1.3k here if offer the same job to a singapore whom have to stay here to feed everything? [:/] not the pay thats make the person choose..it's the environment and living..

another one his china workers even laugh at him..saying though they earning with ot 1k a month..after few years..they can go back retire..no need work so hard liao..and he has to keep working.. [:|]

sometimes people comment on things..never really think before say...only comment things by surface [shakehead]

Edited by Freestylers09

ya lor, we have family to feed, we need to have all-rounded life, we need to shop, go holiday, buy insurance...we r living in a country we called HOME.

we cant be like those ah neh, pinoy and prc...come here pay rent only, scrimp and save for future use in their country.

why not? pls la...my prc colleague she needs to find her own room and pay rent around 500. im not talking about low class one...but those graduated from poly and local uni

↡ Advertisement