Taiwan: Hotels in Taipei

Getzoooom

Wu Fen Pu is a waste of time, prices are not as cheap as the market right smack next to it.

So to the unknown, Wu Fen Pu seems like a good buy, but not all shops are as cheap as

they may seem. I head off to Taiwan twice a year.

Also hotel wise folks, right across the SiMen Station, after the police station, (same row,

there is a hotel there with very reasonable rates and good clean rooms. Rainbow

is expensive and fully booked all the time.

maybe you can try wu fen pu. lots of wholesales shop there, some does retail too.

Neutral Newbie

Wu Fen Pu is a waste of time, prices are not as cheap as the market right smack next to it.

So to the unknown, Wu Fen Pu seems like a good buy, but not all shops are as cheap as

they may seem. I head off to Taiwan twice a year.

Also hotel wise folks, right across the SiMen Station, after the police station, (same row,

there is a hotel there with very reasonable rates and good clean rooms. Rainbow

is expensive and fully booked all the time.

bro, then where will you suggest to go to get cheap and nice baby clothings?

Hi, I wan to ask y stay at TS hotel dun stay on the 6th/7th floor??

i dunno y either.

Liked my stay at TS. cant rem what floor i stayed.

Nice room. Clean. Looked newish.

Bathtub bit dangerous to get in and out of to shower (not suitable for middle aged or elderly).

No internet in room.

What month you going? If it's the changing of season, like Summer to Autumn,

they will have clearance sale in all department stores, Sogo, Misokoshi,

etc.. Wu Fen Pu is, liek I said, not worth visiting, because MRT will cost you

an amount, think it's like NT$60 or but if you know how to travel there via the Taipei Train station,

it only cost no more then NT$16 one way. Baby cloths, trust me, Wu Fen Pu don't have,

mostly all women clothing.

bro, then where will you suggest to go to get cheap and nice baby clothings?

Neutral Newbie

What month you going? If it's the changing of season, like Summer to Autumn,

they will have clearance sale in all department stores, Sogo, Misokoshi,

etc.. Wu Fen Pu is, liek I said, not worth visiting, because MRT will cost you

an amount, think it's like NT$60 or but if you know how to travel there via the Taipei Train station,

it only cost no more then NT$16 one way. Baby cloths, trust me, Wu Fen Pu don't have,

mostly all women clothing.

will be going in july, directly after world cup.

intend to get a 5 day mrt pass for unlimited mrt usage.

which month is their sales period?

July very hot weather.

Not worth buying the Yoyo card, even if 5 days,

(BTW, full day card only, I never heard of 5 day MRT card for unlimited travel, only ONE day.)

You're better off buying single trip, cos the amount you pay for SINGLE DAY UNLIMITED TRAVEL,

and you only go to so few places, (which is like 2-3 MAX) might as well, buy single trips. You do your sums

and you will know. Some more Yoyo card, like ours have a min. deposit, if you forget to refund, next time if you don't go

back like within 3 months, the deposit is gone. Plan out your trip properly to save on transport charges.

Places like Dan Shui, you can visit three places on one trip, Dan Shui/Fisherman's Wharf/Pali Island.

There is a hotel, just opposite the MT station, across the road, cannot miss it, when you look across the

road from the MRT station, NT$1,900 per night triple sharing, plus breakfast at MOS burger. A very good deal,

and you can roam that side of the night market as well. (Not only Dan Shui low chea) So you can give up your Taipei

hotel and spend the night here if you want. Pali is best visited in the day time, can go cycling etc..

Sales period is normally August - September. And Pre-Chinese New Year sale, (forget it, people sleep overnight outside the stores!!)

I say one thing, nothing comes really cheap in Taipei. Clothes and stuff, well....go BKK.

will be going in july, directly after world cup.

intend to get a 5 day mrt pass for unlimited mrt usage.

which month is their sales period?

Edited by Mazdaowner

Folks, I will be staying ZhongXiao East Road area...from there...any good place to buy baby's clothings? I am okay to take taxi so long the distance is short (10 mins?). Will be there next week...thanks!

You can try rainbow hotel which is just beside ah chong mee sua, but can be quite noisy at night sometimes or you can try paradise hotel is which also very near to xmd mrt, both good location for good night snack [:p] [:p] [:p]

Why buy baby cloths there when you can get them here? Not cheap, and besides, no difference really.

Folks, I will be staying ZhongXiao East Road area...from there...any good place to buy baby's clothings? I am okay to take taxi so long the distance is short (10 mins?). Will be there next week...thanks!

Why buy baby cloths there when you can get them here? Not cheap, and besides, no difference really.

Hehe bro...cos i am there on biz trip...so must get something back for my baby girl ma cos so many days apart from my princess [laugh] ...wanna get some nice baby clothing with some chinese characters for example...you get the drift....

Orh, then just head on down to Pacific Sogo, or easier, Mitsokoshi, opps. Taipei train station.

Hehe bro...cos i am there on biz trip...so must get something back for my baby girl ma cos so many days apart from my princess [laugh] ...wanna get some nice baby clothing with some chinese characters for example...you get the drift....

Turbocharged

Tango, depends on which branch. I found the Linsen ones to be the worst!

Its my company's corporate hotel. Love the Jacuzzi :P

i stayed at tango nanshi, the best hotel so far for me

hi bro...i just came bk frm Taiwan last Sunday...Stayed in this hotel called Grandee Taipei Hotel...

Grandee Taipei hotel

Not those 5stars hotel but certainly well furnished. Situated right opposite Shilin market n near JianTan mrt station..

Strongly recommend this hotel to you....

[:)]

Hi, sorry to bring up old thread. Anyone been to taipei lately?

Have anyone stay at Yomi hotel before?

hi bro...i just came bk frm Taiwan last Sunday...Stayed in this hotel called Grandee Taipei Hotel...

Grandee Taipei hotel

Not those 5stars hotel but certainly well furnished. Situated right opposite Shilin market n near JianTan mrt station..

Strongly recommend this hotel to you....

[:)]

Thanks Gary. Will check it out.

I love how they segregated the bath, the bedroom and the study area. Bestest, the drinks in fridge all FOC. Friday got supper some more!

i stayed at tango nanshi, the best hotel so far for me

not trying to pour cold water, but becareful when going TW in July. if u search back news of Jul/Aug in past years, u will see two things in common - typhoons and earthquakes.

my first time experience earthquake was in TW.

Typhoon Sepat: 18 Aug 2007

Typhoon Morakot: 09 Aug 2009

Typhoon Jangmi: 28 Sep 2008

I love how they segregated the bath, the bedroom and the study area. Bestest, the drinks in fridge all FOC. Friday got supper some more!

Too bad.... I saw this thread too late..... Going to Taipei in May.... already booked Rainbow since heard many siggies recommending it. Actually in my previous trip to Taipei, I stayed in this boutique hotel called Wish Hotel. It's like 10mins walk to the nearest MRT and hotel is located in some lane so you can see it from the main road. Took me a while to find the place when i first arrived.... And the place is in some commercial area so not much shopping or night life. But thankfully hotel itself is modern and room is nice.

Then I visited XMD and saw Rainbow Hotel so I told myself maybe next time I will stay there. Which is why I booked it this time round. I got it for about S$80/nite so I thought it's not too bad a deal.

Anyway through my blurness.... I booked one night less than my required length of stay. [:p]

So for my last night, I might just try some of the recommendations here......

↡ Advertisement