Taiwan: Hotels in Taipei

Getzoooom

Turbocharged

I love how they segregated the bath, the bedroom and the study area. Bestest, the drinks in fridge all FOC. Friday got supper some more!

my personal view. this is better than ritz carlton, fullerton singapore though its just a small hotel :D

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Hi guys, I just came back from Taiwan. Thanks Gary84 for his recommendation, Grandee hotel is indeed good enuff. Opposite Shilin night market (never have to worry abt hunger at night as you can just walk over to the market), 5 mins walk to JianTan MRT station, quiet and peaceful. Abt S$120 a night with breakfast. Service very good too. Only thing is when you go out, you have to leave your keycard at the counter.

The MRT there is fantastic, can bring you anywhere. I also took the High Speed Rail HSR to kaohsiung to attend a friend's wake. Very fast, reach Kaohsiung in 1 and a half hours. The distance covered is abt 350KM. The way they merge the MRT and HSR is seamless, very convenient.

I saw Rainbow hotel when I went to XMD. It's just a small building and you need to lug your barang barang after you alight from the taxi by the road. I wouldn't stay there as XMD not my kind of thing. I did try the Ah Zhong Mee Sua, it's good but there's another outlet at Shilin, taste the same as it's an outlet.

Service wise is also very good and communication is not a problem. The gals there put on makeup and dress very nice, I guess it's partly bcoz of their weather. 8 out of 10 gals wear fake eyelashes.

Weather was nice, abt 20 degrees. Did rain a bit but it was not too bad.

Hi guys, I just came back from Taiwan. Thanks Gary84 for his recommendation, Grandee hotel is indeed good enuff. Opposite Shilin night market (never have to worry abt hunger at night as you can just walk over to the market), 5 mins walk to JianTan MRT station, quiet and peaceful. Abt S$120 a night with breakfast. Service very good too. Only thing is when you go out, you have to leave your keycard at the counter.

The MRT there is fantastic, can bring you anywhere. I also took the High Speed Rail HSR to kaohsiung to attend a friend's wake. Very fast, reach Kaohsiung in 1 and a half hours. The distance covered is abt 350KM. The way they merge the MRT and HSR is seamless, very convenient.

I saw Rainbow hotel when I went to XMD. It's just a small building and you need to lug your barang barang after you alight from the taxi by the road. I wouldn't stay there as XMD not my kind of thing. I did try the Ah Zhong Mee Sua, it's good but there's another outlet at Shilin, taste the same as it's an outlet.

Service wise is also very good and communication is not a problem. The gals there put on makeup and dress very nice, I guess it's partly bcoz of their weather. 8 out of 10 gals wear fake eyelashes.

and did u hear the way they talk, bet most guys love it...cause very "teh"... [laugh]

Hypersonic

and did u hear the way they talk, bet most guys love it...cause very "teh"... [laugh]

Yah! My knees went weak when I hear them talked. [laugh]

Anyone stay here before?

http://www.nc-hotel.com.tw/landscape.php

Anyone stay here before?

http://www.nc-hotel.com.tw/landscape.php

If I am not wrong, it's located near the Taipei Main Station right? If it is, then a colleague of mine stayed there before and her verdict is not bad..... and she said it's definitely better than Rainbow.

I just got back from Taipei and stayed in Rainbow.

Tango, depends on which branch. I found the Linsen ones to be the worst!

Its my company's corporate hotel. Love the Jacuzzi :P

I just stayed in Tango Xinyi and agree that the jacuzzi is damm shiok!! Some more they got free supper (starting at 9.30pm till 11pm) for those staying over on Fri nite and Sat nite.... first time I had such service but too bad I didn't get to enjoy coz I was out....

I finally saw where Grandee was.... next to some Petrol Kiosk right? I might just stay there the next time as I tend to frequent Shilin Night Market a lot (I love the smelly toufu stall there).

I also just came back and it started raining on a thurs and whole day Fri. Sort of interupted my plans. But thankfully it stopped on Sat and Sun.

If I am not wrong, it's located near the Taipei Main Station right? If it is, then a colleague of mine stayed there before and her verdict is not bad..... and she said it's definitely better than Rainbow.

I just got back from Taipei and stayed in Rainbow.

Yes, the one near the Taipei main station. any interesting place to intro? gadgets, clothing etc?

Yes, the one near the Taipei main station. any interesting place to intro? gadgets, clothing etc?

Hello Kitty Restaurant u want to go or not? [:p]

Dun laugh hor...... the waitress there quite cute some more got a lot of xiao mei mei clients.... if u get my drift... [sly]

If u r staying at the Taipei Main Station, there is this mega dept store called Xin Guang San Yue "星光三越" (Shinkong Mitsukoshi). Next to the dept store, there is a building that sells electronic/ computer stuff. But it's more like our Funan Center rather than Sim Lim Square and they carry mostly legit stuff and prices are not that cheap. There is a Daiso in this same building but most importantly, you can find the Gundam Base Taipei on the 4th floor. Even if u r not into Gundam, u should just go take a look.

dscn1418zo8.jpg

Not sure if u seen the recent Taiwanese gangster flick "Monga" (艋舺)? Some of the location of the movie is shot near the Huaxi Street Tourist Night Market which is actually in the Monga area itself.

You can take the metro and get off at Longshan Temple (1 stop after Xi Men Ding). There is a very famous Longshan Temple there if u r into such praying stuff.

There is a street market before the Huaxi Tourist Night Market and turn into it and you can find tons of vendors selling AV movies... [sly]

Hypersonic

I finally saw where Grandee was.... next to some Petrol Kiosk right? I might just stay there the next time as I tend to frequent Shilin Night Market a lot (I love the smelly toufu stall there).

I also just came back and it started raining on a thurs and whole day Fri. Sort of interupted my plans. But thankfully it stopped on Sat and Sun.

Yep, it's next to a petrol station. But there's a passageway leading into the hotel so it's really quiet inside. Thing is, it is next to the MRT track but you can't hear a thing when the train passed by. Good soundproofing if you asked me. :D

If you frequent Shilin Night market a lot, the more you should stay at Grandee next time. Very convenient.

Wow, luckily I reach on Sat evening so there was no rain. The weather was really cooling though, I like.

Oh yah, for those who take MRT a lot, buy the NT$500 card. You will have $400 credit inside with $100 deposit. More convenient than buying the day pass or single trip ticket. When you return the card, you can get back whatever is left in the card plus the deposit. But they will deduct NT$20 as the card is returned in less than 3 mths.

I used the MRT to get everywhere. Danshui, 101, Taipei Zoo, CKS memorial hall, take the HSR, Zhongxiao Fuxing, etc. Also use the card to take the bus from City Hall MRT to 101.