12 people who bribed executive to be winners in lucky draw contest charged

Sofarsogood

Anyone know how these people run foul of the law? Because the sentence said "they gave or agreed to give petrol vouchers in return for being picked in the Shell "free fuel for a year, one lucky winner a day" draw." I thought they call to win the Shell petrol voucher. And not offer petrol to win petrol leh. Is there a typo there?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../389592/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Twelve people who had either agreed or given bribes in exchange for having their names picked in a lucky draw ran foul of the law.

In a statement, the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) said they gave or agreed to give petrol vouchers in return for being picked in the Shell "free fuel for a year, one lucky winner a day" draw.

All 12 - 10 men and one woman - were charged in court on Thursday.

They face a possible jail term of five years or a maximum fine of S$100,000 if convicted under the Prevention of Corruption Act.

The executive who took the bribes, Teh Gim Leng, has already been sentenced to three months' jail and fined S$5,900 in July. - CNA/vm

↡ Advertisement

No typo. It is the company who sponsor the free fuel for a year; it is that executive who is in charge of picking names to win. Just for petrol vouchers, that executive falsify the lucky draw pick. Win-win situation, I pick your name, you give me vouchers, my company give you free fuel.

Edited by Snowbell

Depends lah..if AG can made a case, without the other party's assistance, which was part of the 'conspiracy' in the entire bribing event..then the other party also can 'get it'!

Get it? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

SINGAPORE: Twelve people who had either agreed or given bribes in exchange for having their names picked in a lucky draw ran foul of the law.

In a statement, the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) said they gave or agreed to give petrol vouchers in return for being picked in the Shell "free fuel for a year, one lucky winner a day" draw.

All 12 - 10 men and one woman - were charged in court on Thursday. <- (12 minus 10men minus 1woman = 1 more leh??)

They face a possible jail term of five years or a maximum fine of S$100,000 if convicted under the Prevention of Corruption Act.

The executive who took the bribes, Teh Gim Leng, has already been sentenced to three months' jail and fined S$5,900 in July. - CNA/vm

spacer.gifspacer.gif

But the executive was sentenced in July, and the statement referred to 12 individuals being charged on "Thursday". So it shouldn't be the executive at all.

I think it's some sort of typo or absent-minded error on the part of the reporter. [whip]