Fabia spotted

Renegade

Neutral Newbie

Hi there, Fabia-ites,

Was wondering if anyone here owned a gold Fabia (reg SDx 8919x) - or whether it's a potential MCF flyer victim...... [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Went to Czech Auto yesterday... the Fabia which was done up with Autovox's MS Deign stuffs is sold and is still parked at the workshop under covers.... went to take a look.

- Silver body

- Full body kit with rear boot and roof spoilers all by MS Design Made in Austria (which makes me wonder why Austrian pdts are so expensive).

- Antera 17" rims!!!

- Tyre 205/40 R17

- Leather seats from TOMO - colours are orange and grey combo... quite nice. Still they couldnt do the leather for the door panel which is left in stock condition.

- Silver panels

- Gear knob changed

This is what I observed while spending 3 minutes peeping at the car lifting the canvas cover.

The SE told me this Fabia cost 10K more!

1.4l.

The 17" is a bit tough to ride on as the car is already a bit underpowered if you ask me. The 205 width is going to have a lot of drag considering the org rims is only 14" and width 165!

Saw the silver fabia todaY. Cover already removed. Side skirt and twin exhaust end also spotted.

Look closely is actually same as my classic model.

Anyone interested can add an additional 10K and it will look spotty .

Neutral Newbie

Hi fellow Fabia owners. I just bought a Fabia a few weeks back and waiting for the COE. I'm buying the "doll-up" car. They told me they displayed the car I'm buying for a car show or something. I not sure whether this is the car you guys are talking about. Anyway if this is the same car, is all the dressing up in compliance to LTA? I forgot to ask when I bought the car. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

well, LTA will not frown if everything is dealer approved, so especially CA is dolling up for you, lagi less worry [thumbsup]

but .. $10K for dolling up per what FM has described seems abit overkill.

I definitely spend lesser than that with german body kit, belgium grill, german 18" wheel and japan rubber and german OEM HID !

the only pros I can think of splurging the money upfront to the dealer for the entire full kitting is

1. u don't feel the pinch because it's evenly spreadout to your monthly installment

2. u get to enjoy the full kit right from day 1. (whereas for me, after 20 months, I finally enjoy the full kit! [crazy] )

anyway, good for you that u have kitted up, cna't wait to see you, join one of our VAG gtg in the near future. check out the details www.vagsport.com/forums

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the reply Caractereman! This is a GOOD forum! The responses are fast and people here write in English (unlike other Skoda forums on the net).

Anyway, I didn't pay 10k for the "dressing up" kits. Can't tell you the exact price but its about half that price.

Yes I hope to meet up with you guys in the next gathering. I've just been reading through this forum for the pass hour, and considering you don't see many Skodas on the streets of Singapore, this forum gives me the impression that Skoda owners are a close knit family. So hope to see you guys then. [:)]

Guest Triggerhappy
Neutral Newbie

Honestly depending on what you get - 5 is still too darn expensive leh.Unles you have everything Oettinger or ABT , ie. super duper expensive brand. You add the sum of the parts up before?

5k for the kit? Not possible to comment unless we have the breakdown of what is in it. If its 10k from what I saw at CA... I would conclude its too expensive.

I believe Oettinger got no kit for the Skoda and ABT has a range but I reckon its too new for Autovox to bring in yet.

Of course the main attraction IMHO for getting these kits are

- less hassle: imagine the kind of trouble I had to import mine from UK and get it fixed up here

- add'l cost is under the loan: meaning you dun feel the pain

- inspection no problem

- head turner!

- at least there is after sales svc for your kit.... i have no one to turn to for mine

Neutral Newbie

I'll try to get a breakdown for kits in my car. The thing is i know nuts above body kitting.

I've been driving for 11 years and drove about 6 cars but this is the first one I bought one myself and ever done any body kitting.

Basically the parts that I'm getting are;

*Front "wire mesh"-like grill

*Side Skirting

*Silver side windows and silver outer side panels

*Sports rims (i'm not sure of size but **/**/R16 is what is written on tyre. By the way what does all these numbers mean?)

*Extended rear whale spoiler.

*Front and back skirting/spoiler or whatever

*Silver gear shift knob

*Black and silver inner panelling for doors and front console

*Orange and black/grey leather seats

That's about it. I'll try to get the brands of these part. They told me all these cost 7k. I got the discount because i insisted that a lot of people porbably have sat on the car during the show. Present mileage was 20 km.

Anyway, can anybody recommend me a good stereo system and a shop where I can get them installed cause the single disc Blaupunkt looks shitty.

Thanks. Will keep you guys posted.

Neutral Newbie

Sorry for Jamming in. For what you were mention about those kits for $10K?

Check out the ICE section. There's so many experts whose can help.

Neutral Newbie
*Front "wire mesh"-like grill

*Side Skirting

*Silver side windows and silver outer side panels

*Sports rims (i'm not sure of size but **/**/R16 is what is written on tyre. By the way what does all these numbers mean?)

*Extended rear whale spoiler.

*Front and back skirting/spoiler or whatever

*Silver gear shift knob

*Black and silver inner panelling for doors and front console

*Orange and black/grey leather seats

looks like you have full bodykit. dual-color Interior also sounds quite chio. how about some photos? [nod]

how does the rear spoiler looks like?

**/**/R16 is the tyre size. Base on what you have quoted, you are already on 16" rims, but no harm going for 17" [sly]

the tyre size specification, e.g. 205/55/16, implies that your tire width is 205 mm wide (actual width might be slightly wider), side wall height is 55 aspect ration (meaning 55% of 205mm), and the tire radial is 16".

Neutral Newbie

if you are paying 5K for the those stuff I reckon is not very expensive, but still IMHO over priced.

Oh please do not ask me what I have did to my car, it is very very stock. Stock until you cannot believe it... haha

Oh, does your kit comes with the Remus LTA Approved mufflers? Those look really cool.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Fiabiaman,

<<- Full body kit with rear boot and roof spoilers all by MS Design Made in Austria (which makes me wonder why Austrian pdts are so expensive)>>

Actually now MS-design has been managed by Germany company to obtain the TUV cert. so became abit expensive (only s'pore selling their kits very very expensive only)

Tips If you order direct from Overseas, you can get much cheaper as well as waive the VAT for export reason. Like my mondy I checked with them (Austria), full kits including shipment cost abt S$2500 less.

<<- Antera 17" rims!!!- Tyre 205/40 R17>>

Whether the car still can move lor!?

<<- Leather seats from TOMO - colours are orange and grey combo... quite nice. Still they couldnt do the leather for the door panel which is left in stock condition.

- Silver panels

- Gear knob changed>>

The above stuff should be free to customer upon order the car.

<>He's chopping you!

↡ Advertisement