Will you agree to a paycut to save your colleagues?

Nhyone

Will you agree to a paycut to save your colleagues?  

128 members have voted

1. 1.

• No, should retrench first
    • <=5%
    • <=10%
    • <=20%
    • <=30%
    • More!

I believe it will depends on the percentage of the pay cut [gossip][gossip][gossip]

But do remember 1 thing .... You may be willing to take a pay cut to save your colleagues but your colleagues might not be willing to do the same to save your skin [gossip][gossip][gossip]

It's a 'Man Eat Man' world [cool]

Neutral Newbie

i will considered taking a pay cut for up to 10% if this thing really happen to my company . Think of this way , who is going to do their shitty job after they have been retrenched .

Yeah Bro [nod][nod][nod]

In this world, there are some whom would care to raise a helping hand to others but majority, i believe would only watch to see you DIE especially here ... [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Maybe my thoughts are too extreme [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

i will considered taking a pay cut for up to 10% if this thing really happen to my company . Think of this way , who is going to do their shitty job after they have been retrenched .

anyway, 10% cut is acceptable.. but shld not be used immediately to reduce cost..

sometimes companies like to do pay cut first to reduce cost and then do a round of retrenchment.. in such cases, might as well don't do the pay cut........ [thumbsdown]

I'll be too happy to take the sh*t if I get to keep my job in times like this.

I would keep all my clients close to me and to let them know about the situation and let them decide for themselves if i were to be next and i would keep in contact with them.

Either u take it lying down or do something to act on it on the interest of your family rice bowl. Its a chance of your lifetime to act on it.

to some..10% is realli a lot...esp if u are lower income...that 10% could be a large amount of ur expenses for a month sweatdrop.gif....but if u are higher income....eh..that would most prob..pay for ur petrol bill for two weeksdizzy.gif

i will considered taking a pay cut for up to 10% if this thing really happen to my company . Think of this way , who is going to do their ****ty job after they have been retrenched .

anyway, 10% cut is acceptable.. but shld not be used immediately to reduce cost..

sometimes companies like to do pay cut first to reduce cost and then do a round of retrenchment.. in such cases, might as well don't do the pay cut........ thumbsdown.gif

i had a 15% pay cut once and started with a fresh dip salary..so the cut was deep and announced on Xmas eve..

So afterwhich morale in co was v low. We took on part time work and than when bosses wanted us to work o/t all gave excuses, work p/t 7-11 lar to taxi driver...than do the service job (semiconductor) also like no mood.

some worst went round telling our clients that our co may close down....lots of rumours and becos our industry is not big...the clients got worried in giving our co any jobs.

as we were in a semiconductor line, some of our clients took some of my collegues in instead and got higher salary instead as they rather pay us more than to pay our ex co as charges were in USD.

↡ Advertisement