Who says DBS is SMART?

Hishercar

Neutral Newbie
[laugh][laugh] titles can be easily created...in my workplace; a VP at HQ can be a MD at our subsidary, a EVP as a ceo in our JV.. [laugh] but pay is according to their status in HQ with additional package for the extra portfolio thou [laugh]

no lar bro, titles in banks are corporate ranks...

so its quite equal in terms of renumeration (range bound)

guess for your company, a head in subsidary when return to HQ is only a relatively high rank staff, nowhere near head lo.. [:p]

[laugh][laugh] maybe..but for my case, the head in subsidary when return to HQ is a head of a department, coz he's my boss (EVP status) haha...

the person who post this comment only think of the brighter side.

What if this director had a lot of commitment on this monthly instalement?

Example : Big conti Car and Landed property

He will cry big time. The miserable 20 months pay not even be enough at all to survive

then, what is the pay range for AVP?.... 4-5K?.....

depends on which institution but as i overhear when i was wiping tables, general AVP basic is $6k - $9k (also depends on appointment and job scope and area)

I work in a local bank... VP level is getting approximately $10-$15k. SVP abt $13k-$20k... Thus MD will be around the region of $20K+.

If it a foreign bank, VP level is already $15K and above...

can't be la.....there are many "assistant manager" level are called VP in local banks. There are many many VPs around.

I have a fren, graduate from NTU and joined one of the local banks as VP. Cannot be graduate only 10-15K right?

I'm not sure about other banks. I have only worked with 2 of the local banks. For OCBC, a fresh grad will start with the rank of AM with a basic salary of $2.3k onwards, depend on your job scope. The next promotion will be to Manager - AVP - VP - SVP - EVP.

As for DBS, fresh grad will start with the rank of Analyst of about the same base salary. Upon confirmation, individual will be promoted to the rank of Associate. After that, the rank up the hierarchy will be AVP - VP - SVP - MD.