In search for sedap Japanese Restaurants in JB!

Kelpie

So far, I find the Kura one of the better one, which is one street before the Crystal Crowne Hotel. The Kirishima in Crystal Crowne Hotel (frequent by the Japanese) also not too bad, but seating is a problem for family. Unless you can get them to give you the private room. The more comfortable dinning areas are unfortunately meant for the smokers.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Is it nice? not nice don't recommend hor [laugh]. Just kidding.

There are just as many chain concept one like Sushi King and Kinsahi. Sushi King also cheaper but can't say the quality is good [shakehead]. Only their yu sheng sushi can eat.

Kinsahi though better, the prices are bit on the high side. Would like to pay same or more for an upscale Japanese restaurant.

Regards,

It is one lane before Crystal Crowne Hotel. It is one of those shophouses.

It is about 10mins away from the causeway if you head towards Southern city.

Regards,

got one opposite pelangi plaza too...

name is Crane... chef is a japanese

serve very good food [nod][thumbsup]

price slightly on the high...

I gone to a couple of Jap rest in JB....IMHO....most of them CMI...even those in hotels.

There is a 2 gem that I found in SG that serves great jap food.

1) Turf City (1st floor where MacDonalds use to be)

Buffet style (you sit and order...they bring food to you based on number of pax you have at table) Got Sashimi and sushi etc....cost around 30+.....if you are a fan of sashimi....good value for money. Fish are quite fresh.

2) Bukit Timah (near Serene Centre)

Its actually opp it. There used to be a Shell station (near the Cold Storage). Its 2 building before the Shell station....

Same sit down buffet style. They bring you food when you order from the menu.

Good quality and fresh sashimi is the main draw for me....

Why didn't you start a new thread on best Japanese restaurants in SG then [laugh].

S$30 is about RM65. RM80 can pay for the whole family in a decent JB Jap restaurant. So can't compare that way. Anyway, I've stopped going to Jap restaurants in SG, unless for businesses.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

Cannot....some SG rest are great....but the VISA sign one time....bird also fly away !! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Go JB...I will usually hit the Bak Ku Teh stalls....zhichar stalls....seafood....

Actually if you want....got one not so bad one...

Near Pelangi SC. Its in one of the shop houses right after the entrance to the carpark of Pelangi SC. Only one Jap rest there....cannot miss one.

Can forget about Sashimi....go for the bentos....they are alright.

Edited by Ghostrider

So far, I find the Kura one of the better one, which is one street before the Crystal Crowne Hotel. The Kirishima in Crystal Crowne Hotel (frequent by the Japanese) also not too bad, but seating is a problem for family. Unless you can get them to give you the private room. The more comfortable dinning areas are unfortunately meant for the smokers.

Regards,

thank god for this thread! been wanting to find sedap jap food in jb! but no avail =( will go and try the 2 you mentioned!

I have to switch to Japanese. Kenna hypertension. Must eat lots of low fat low salt food. Most sushi is low fat low salt.

Yes, low fat low salt is good, but the moment one starts to dip them in soya, then that is evil [laugh].

That Kura in JB is not bad, my 8 years old daughter can finish the entire Sashimi set. It only costs RM$30. At least better than the chain stores one in SG.

Regards,

Sake Sushi is crap Jap food....IMHO.

I am not particular about food...but the price you pay at Sake Sushi...I rather pay a little more for something better. Dunno what is the fetish about conveyor belt food....crazy.gif

↡ Advertisement