Recommendation for Home Air Purifier & Tap Water Purifier

Protege

Dear All,

Looking at adding a home air purifier and also a tap water purifier to my home.

For the home purifier, was looking at Sharp Plasmacluster models and also Osim ILife while the tap water purifier I am looking at the Osim uPure.

Anyone has reviews or other recommendations?

For the tap water purifier, I prefer to have those like the Osim uPure which connect directly to the tap as I do not want to have a seperate unit as I have limited space in kitchen.

Looking forward to all the recommendations! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Some water purifier I have heard has additional built-in UV light to kill bacteria.

Individual system is better IMO as it's properly sealed or air/water tight. Open system like filtration thru tap, I mean there are many things that can be already contaminated with bacteria.

There are many systems out there. I use the one from elken which uses reverse osmosis type of filtration.

If your home is already air-con I think getting an air humidifier is more ideal. Air-con IMO already remove dust particles and moisture, plasmacluster just ionises the air molecules.

Air humidifier makes the air less "dry" so when u sleep u dun get that thirsty dry throat feeling when u wake up.

It's up to u to choose cos I dunno what's your preference.

I am using air conditioner for my room. But I want to make the air cleaner as I dun think the air conditioner is as good as a dedicated air purifier in cleaning up the air.

As for humidifier, that can be considered but my family does not have problem so far with dryness. I typically do the cheapo way of leaving a glass of water open in the room instead.

I see. It depends on how u take care of your air filter. If u wanna save $$ then I suggest u add additional filter to your existing filter. The filter fibres are available in those DIY shops, u can cut according to your filter's size and attach to the existing one.

To me keeping your air-con unit clean is better dan buying an additional air purifier. For me I know how dismantle to clean(especially the fan, it can collect lots of dirt) thus it is not so much of a hassle.

Edited by Watwheels

Thanks for the info again. I have bad experience with the 3M add on filter that you can stick to the existing filter. So not about to do it again. I will explore my options again!

Dear All,

Looking at adding a home air purifier and also a tap water purifier to my home.

For the home purifier, was looking at Sharp Plasmacluster models and also Osim ILife while the tap water purifier I am looking at the Osim uPure.

Anyone has reviews or other recommendations?

For the tap water purifier, I prefer to have those like the Osim uPure which connect directly to the tap as I do not want to have a seperate unit as I have limited space in kitchen.

Looking forward to all the recommendations! [thumbsup]

I'm looking at this:

http://www.unique1995.sg/airsterilizer/index.html

I like it small and effective too.

Regards,

hi,

for AIR, i am using the 1st gen Sharp model, which as a active charcoal life of 5yrs, and the built in sensor will lit if its due, i m now in the 7th yr and the unit is still going strong.

can really feel the diff in air b4 and after the filter kicks in. it leaves the air feeling like the after rain kind [thumbsup]

for water, i used to use the O*** brand, for a few years, then realised that their design is so so, now using this MD103.jpg

http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/cleansu...sui%20info.html

so far so good, cheaper than O-brand and is avail at Best. Thsi is the simple one, if u want a more elaborate kind, like those wif UV, then its a diff class in itself.

mice

any recommendation for water purifier? those that removes chlorine and rust.

RO seems too much maintenance and costly for a main water filter.   

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 8

You can buy ro sets from Amazon

Cheap but must pay shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_hi?k=Ispring+

Or you can have super clean water on the road also [laugh][grin]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H90PFOK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1445214890&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Lifestraw+bottle&dpPl=1&dpID=41RYOIA2zZL&ref=plSrch

• Praise 1

There are so many typres of water filter.

The one I used is zerowater. I have 2 of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QXM3U8/

It comes with a dispenser and TDS (total dissolved solid) meter for you to check the filtered water quality.

The filter is actually the most expensive consumable, about $15 each if you buy in builk. Each filter last between 3 months to a year depending on how often you used it.

The water taste is like crystal clear water. 

That is, until the filter get "used" up and it taste terrible. That's where the TDS meter comes in, to tell you to change out early when it hits a certain number.

• Praise 2

There are so many typres of water filter.

The one I used is zerowater. I have 2 of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QXM3U8/

It comes with a dispenser and TDS (total dissolved solid) meter for you to check the filtered water quality.

The filter is actually the most expensive consumable, about $15 each if you buy in builk. Each filter last between 3 months to a year depending on how often you used it.

The water taste is like crystal clear water. 

That is, until the filter get "used" up and it taste terrible. That's where the TDS meter comes in, to tell you to change out early when it hits a certain number.

solid recommendation [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] [thumbsup]  

• Praise 1

I have some news and facts to share.

Do you know environment inside the car is more polluted compare with outdoor environment?

This is the air pollution which is affected health condition and caused disease.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/12/children-risk-air-pollution-cars-former-uk-chief-scientist-warns

World Health Organization says, most of the world breathes polluted air.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/27/health/air-pollution-map-who/index.html

This month, there is brand new high performance car air purifier, which will tackle the issue mentioned above. You may have a look.

As this is now a revolutionised car air purifier in market, the demand is tremendously high. If any of your relatives or friends is allergen sufferer, or they are high health conscious, you may share to them.

**As previously I have share some information but maybe that is unofficial launching so might make some of you misunderstanding. Now is officially launching start from this month, I managed to get few unit on hand, so I can share more information for those are interested. Here is my number 82839397, you can drop me a message or WhatsApp and let me know you are from this forum and wish to know more about it. TQ

post-195498-0-33217100-1510583096_thumb.jpeg

post-195498-0-96058700-1510583110_thumb.png

post-195498-0-53560400-1510583126_thumb.jpeg

I have a good news or bad news? In fact, this is truth, <Toxic At Any Speed> claims that polluted air inside cars is dangerous than outside. Agree or disagree, you can not ignore it. If you have your family, and you are the driver and own a vehicle, you should know this.

One more things, my lovely auntie always say medical fees in Singapore is not a small amount, if live in Singapore you can die but can not sick, once you sick very serious. Because you need worry you have enough saving or medical card, or you can take the suffer on the bed of Hospital and let medical doctor decide your life. What a funny joke and make me scare, Haha...

Hope this can help those are love their family. Don’t regret when you loss, and cherish what you have with your family and nice memories.

Here is the link https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/01/car_chemicals.html

post-195498-0-75926200-1510915683_thumb.png

post-195498-0-28196300-1510915702_thumb.jpeg