Recommendation for Home Air Purifier & Tap Water Purifier

Protege

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Look what I found in YouTube. Looks like this air purifier is able to do its job superbly. 

Hmm any decent air filter can do that bah. 

↡ Advertisement

Talking about air purifier,  I am now in KL , this photo is taken from my hotel room on the 34th floor, see who needs air purifier more badly.

20190910_082040.jpg

• Praise 1

It is sad isn't it? If forest fire is caused by mother nature, we all can understand. But if it is deliberately by human, then they are also not doing a favour to themselves. We always hear farmers. Either the their farm land have grown, we never have such problems in the past when they were burning more often than now.  

On 9/10/2019 at 8:25 AM, Ct3833 said:

Talking about air purifier,  I am now in KL , this photo is taken from my hotel room on the 34th floor, see who needs air purifier more badly.

20190910_082040.jpg

It's called Klang Valley for a reason, smog get in, don't come out.😄

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/09/11/rompin-goes-red-as-klang-valley-chokes-on-haze/1789322

Rompin goes red as Klang Valley chokes on haze

kl_haze_100919d.jpg

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

It's called Klang Valley for a reason, smog get in, don't come out.😄

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/09/11/rompin-goes-red-as-klang-valley-chokes-on-haze/1789322

Rompin goes red as Klang Valley chokes on haze

kl_haze_100919d.jpg

Now am at KL Sentral taking the KL Ekspress to airport, bye bye haze. Till then hope  Indo  will move their capital to Kamilantan soon to experience the haze themselves. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Now am at KL Sentral taking the KL Ekspress to airport, bye bye haze. Till then hope  Indo  will move their capital to Kamilantan soon to experience the haze themselves. 

Today in sg haze seems slightly better than yesterday. Hopefully haze would not get worse in sg.

Internal Moderator

Hi, Carbon filter vs a HEPA filter......

HEPA filters are capable of removing dust and other allergens, such as mold, while carbon filters are capable of filtering out smoke, fumes and other chemicals. Both, however, are necessary for improved air quality across many different industries.

and if you want to know more about why and what is HEPA, refer to here for reference....

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-air-purifier-buying-guide-what-to-look-out-for

• Praise 1

Air purifier is different from vacuum cleaner.  The latter could  be easily tested by seeing how well the vacuum cleaner sucks the dust.

I just bought an air purifier from Shopee.

Price is a fraction of major brands such as Sharp.

The unit looks and functions professionally,. Very happy with the purchase.

But my next question is: How to check whether the air-purifier is really doing a good job in cleaning the air?

PS: I had a Sharp purifier before, every time I farted, it could sense and change the LED light to RED!

Neutral Newbie

For me, I suggest try to check out Aqua Kent RO Malaysia product. They offer varieties of water purifier products along with a reasonable price.

Do visit their website for more details

Turbocharged
(edited)

If most of us eat out except some having dinner at home, wonder do restaurants, hawker centres, food court or any F&B outlets here installed any purifier?

Then why that few meals suddenly need such a product? Having a filter but not replacing the filter on a regular basis, I can't even imagine if once a week, is considered a better water quality than no filter. Just my POV lah.

Edited by Victor68
↡ Advertisement