Town Council invested 12M in Lehman Bros

Allen

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../390407/1/.html

12m is 0.06%!!!

looks like our town council is damn rich with our money

and yet only few FT cleaning the common areas.

with that kind of funds in their kitty bank

at least 1 FT per block liao lor!!

now, 12M of our money gone!!!

looks like our conservancy fee is going up to cover the loss they made with our money!! [rifle][rifle][rifle]

↡ Advertisement

So what can you do?

You another comprainer is it? [sly][laugh]

Might as well, join those at Speakala Corner...heard those crazies have even erected a huge tent there, to camp there many days from now on ...compraining day and night about their lost investment in the open field!

The birds sitting on the tree branches there would have to bear with their noise! [sly][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

the voters felt that they voted for the best person to serve them, so naturally they should approach their best person to raise this in parliament...which is their MP.

the only people who will raise this is csj, and the other 2 opp mp really just keep quiet.

cannot complain, we did this to ourselves. next time vote, open eyes big big, simi caveat emptor lanjiao.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../390407/1/.html

12m is 0.06%!!!

looks like our town council is damn rich with our money

and yet only few FT cleaning the common areas.

with that kind of funds in their kitty bank

at least 1 FT per block liao lor!!

now, 12M of our money gone!!!

looks like our conservancy fee is going up to cover the loss they made with our money!! [rifle][rifle][rifle]

If conservancy fee go up again...i'm going to make noise...but dun think it will make any different...

I simply do not understand. We pay conservation fees, excess $$ they invest....earnings go where??

Now loss money, revealled that they are investing money....

So what will be the impact on the citizens?? they gonna cut cost to recover the lost?? Cutting cost would mean poorer maintenance??? they will source for cheap cheap labour??

simply dun understand!! and the best part...i just moved to bukit panjang!!

first...if the town council have 12M , they shouldn't still collecting the SC&C fees...or it should be reduced...why we are still paying them?

2nd..it's not what we can do...or what we cannot do... while allowing them to do what they want every 5 years...

if we all still have this thinking...singapore will soon become sinkapore....or china land...

Edited by Lv3338

i didnt know they invested the money until it came out in the papers.... [:|]

So much money invested here and there by TC, Te-Ma-Sek, G-I-C etc etc........

So much money lost here and there!!!!

Is it possible for them to take advantage of present situation?? Since no one can check their account book, they just suka suka tell all the fools so much money had beed lost from investment but actually i "DID NOT BUY" at all, them channel the "announced amount" to somewhere else.

And they know that we can only complaint and complaint, end of the day everybody forget and they are $$XXX fatter.

is the town council supposed to function like any other profitable businesses???

i wonder what they do to the profits they gained???

↡ Advertisement