Experience with kidney stones

Hondacub777

Just now, Nolicense said:

wah you very prone to stones... is it your diet?

I think so, ever send one stone to lab test and doctor tell me to stay away from high calcium stuffs. I have since reduce it a lot. Like I say, I know when it comes back due to the long period working on the mask machines. 2007 to 2019 I did not have much issue. Chinese tells me it is their water. I hope I don't have to clear it that often liao. But I will keep an eye on it at all times

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

BTW, these days I suppose the doctors will be able to measure the hardness of the stones too. 

I got 2 friends whose stone got stuck and block the urinal tract, one end up with a big cut to remove. The other did key hole to take out. They keep their stones too. Look so different from mine. Theirs are like marble, smooth surface but hard and less porous and then to block everything. Thus, I am considered lucky liao 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I think so, ever send one stone to lab test and doctor tell me to stay away from high calcium stuffs. I have since reduce it a lot. Like I say, I know when it comes back due to the long period working on the mask machines. 2007 to 2019 I did not have much issue. Chinese tells me it is their water. I hope I don't have to clear it that often liao. But I will keep an eye on it at all times

high calcium in water? no need to eat fish or drink milk... lol... save on calcium supplements

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

high calcium in water? no need to eat fish or drink milk... lol... save on calcium supplements

I believe my body absorb the calcium and some of it goes to the kidney and forms crystals. How it go about I also donno. Fish I still eat but I cut down and avoid milk and toufu too. Anyway, I still drink more water and I take the Cystone as a supplement regularly  if I don't have any stones. It is said to flush the kidney

29 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I believe my body absorb the calcium and some of it goes to the kidney and forms crystals. How it go about I also donno. Fish I still eat but I cut down and avoid milk and toufu too. Anyway, I still drink more water and I take the Cystone as a supplement regularly  if I don't have any stones. It is said to flush the kidney

you will never suffer from osteoporosis lol

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Eat too much high calcium foods can lead to stones? 😲

18 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

you will never suffer from osteoporosis lol

Donno, I hope so. My dad is good at this too

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think it also depends on individual body one. I probably just different from you. Like I never get stomachache or even headache is very rare. When fall sick, then mostly due to inflammation of the throat and will get really weak that kind. 

Best is , eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. I have heard doctor say exercise also and keep the stones as it shakes the very small ones out first before they grow big in your kidney

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I've seen grown men lying in bed crying from ureteric colic. Definitely not fun.

I've also read that some women who has experienced both, say that they would rather give birth again than get another kidney stone episode.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Arogab said:

😂😂 Thru my experience, it is already all the way in your urinal track. First when you feel the pain. The stone is at the entrance of the track at the opening of the kidney. If the size is really too big, normally the pain will already almost kill you.

The fact that it can go into the track is the size allows it. Then it will take a long time to flow down. I was told if the stone is in your kidney, it posses no harm. But it is get stuck in the tract and cuts the wall of your tract then you are in trouble. For my case, I can feel the pain. But not as if it is killing me. Thus, I know that it is about this size. Plus I keep taking the Cystone and I also keep some Citravescent drink with me to soothe the pain when sometimes the pain is more. I have to keep track and in case if it is too painful, I will need to go hospital.

I believe when it reaches your groin, there will be some obvious pain and once it passes the backend of your KKJ, it should just pops out. This may be also due to when it comes out that far, your urine sure got lots of reserve inside to push out. To be more detail, before I sleep, I already noted my pee very little liao. Then morning everything shoots out

I ever thot about it like you but it never happens leh😅

Maybe some doctors here can explain. Hahah

Not really if it’s in the kidney and you’re a diabetic. I had staghorn calculi in one of the kidneys and together with a being a diabetic it caused recurring uti and kidney infection

Just ask yourself how much water you drink daily. Not Coke or bubble tea, but clear drinking water.

As you age you dont drink enough water to flush out those stuff that you ate...what do you expect?

Why ppl carry a big water bottle around? Do you do that?

It is about your lifestyle. Ask yourself when you wake up in the morning what is the first drink that you go for? If it is not drinking water then you better change your bad habit. And if you are into drinking alcohol you better drink more water after that.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

19 hours ago, Arogab said:

Donno, I hope so. My dad is good at this too

I think it also depends on individual body one. I probably just different from you. Like I never get stomachache or even headache is very rare. When fall sick, then mostly due to inflammation of the throat and will get really weak that kind. 

Best is , eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. I have heard doctor say exercise also and keep the stones as it shakes the very small ones out first before they grow big in your kidney

I really envy those people who dont get stomachache and headache. 😅 These two things really affect your daily routine once it hit you.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I really envy those people who dont get stomachache and headache. 😅 These two things really affect your daily routine once it hit you.

Actually, toothache is also terrible😞 😢

• Praise 3

20 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Just ask yourself how much water you drink daily. Not Coke or bubble tea, but clear drinking water.

As you age you dont drink enough water to flush out those stuff that you ate...what do you expect?

Why ppl carry a big water bottle around? Do you do that?

It is about your lifestyle. Ask yourself when you wake up in the morning what is the first drink that you go for? If it is not drinking water then you better change your bad habit. And if you are into drinking alcohol you better drink more water after that.

happy is the man who reaches for a beer first thing in the morning.... lol

• Haha! 2

@Arogab Were you advised not to drink mineral water?

One of my ex colleagues got kidney stones. He went through blasting or something like that. After that he never drank mineral water. only pipe water. I also learnt from him water therapy. Every morning after wake up from sleep, down 1.5 litres of boiled plain water. I keep doing it till today. Now I take in about 1 to 1.2 litres first thing in the morning.

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, 13177 said:

It will depends on individual. There are many types of stones and if you have have them then will need to reduce the related food.

Even though calcium sounds like it would be the cause of calcium stones, it’s not. In the right amounts, calcium can block other substances in the digestive tract that may cause stones.

Calcium Oxalate Stones

nuts and nut products

peanuts—which are legumes, not nuts, and are high in oxalate

rhubarb

spinach

wheat bran

Calcium Phosphate Stones & Uric Acid Stones - quite similar need to avoid too much protein and sodium.

beef, chicken, and pork, especially organ meats

eggs

fish and shellfish

milk, cheese, and other dairy products

Cystine Stones

Drink plenty of water.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, Nolicense said:

bro traditional medicine. you can drink bay leaf water or white radish juice. after that your pee will dark yellow. some even manage to pee out the stones right after. someone told me they xray saw is quite big doctor say must break up to the stones... he scared so drink white radish juice, the stone manage to break up and pee out... no need op. 

i hearsay one from other people. i no have experience myself. you can ask around about this remedy. also can drink once in a while for prevention.

I was told TCM can solve the problem too. Use 碰大海 heated and ground into powder and down with water.

• Haha! 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, Arogab said:

Hi Guys, 

Pulling this out just to share as I remember talking a lot about this the last time. 

During 2020 Covid, I mentioned I have to work day and night for the mask machines and this could be the cause of the same old problem as I did not take my regular Cystone which I mentioned while living in the factory quarters and working round the clock. 

By May 2020 Jun, I realize I have to rush to NUH Emergency late night to get a jab due to pain on the lower back (At that time, I instantly know it is the problem). Subsequent checks reveal I have both sides with stones and the left one is most serious, so  I request to have the ultrasound done insisting with the doctor to do it

As I was left with no choice, I left for China before completing the right side ultrasound, I continue to keep using the Cystone then and I pee out the rest of the right side stones during my quarantine in China ( I count them) . Knowing the left kidney still has 2 specs of stones  in it. I keep observing my body.

When I hit Thailand last May, I started to feel my right side and I instantly knew it is the stone. I kept my exercise going and also remember to continue my Cystone. When it runs out, I was lucky to get them from Lazada and replenish.

Finally I feel the thing has moved down to the groin area and as it is. This morning, I pee it out. Look at the size in the picture😅

I think there is going to be a much smaller one coming out without pain at all again with the last scan. 

So just sharing with you guys and drink more water man. When go for your check up, do ask to scan for stones too if you regularly got some unknown backache especially near the kidney areas. Or regularly test your urine for blood when you got chance. You will definitely find something.

845011560739239333.jpg

297700099970462699.jpg

277216900027023673.jpg

How did you retrieve the stones? Pee on your hand and try to grab them? 

↡ Advertisement