Found a kitten on the road side.......

Axela525

my contribution

this is my friend's cat.. one fat mofo..

but dam cute..

when i'm taking a sh1t in the toilet, it'll try and come in and drink from the tap..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Teeth problem seems bad. Quite surprising since he is only 4 years old. If you are thinking of feeding kibbles, get the small size ones. NB's kibbles are small in size and can even be swallowed whole.

My ger went to pull out 2 molars also at Companion. After surgery and cleaning, gums swollen max 1 day only. Grought her back at 2+pm and she was already eating evening time. Give an update afte your appt today. Parking outside the vet (by the roadside) is free after 5pm (Mon to Sat).

You walk 20m from the main road turning and there is this HK Street Cze Char store. The fish bee hoon is value for money and delicious too. $5.50 with 6 big pieces of sang yu.

Turbocharged

I am not a fan of showing a cat as I find it torturous for them.

Not really true that breeders (at least the local ones) can tell you the personality of the kitten. It changes as it grows depending on its environment. Characteristic of breed easily found on the net. Also not sure if they will tell you its defects, eg super vocal, last bone in tail not straight (which you can find out easily). [laugh] You need to really find a reputable breeder whose main aim is not to make money but to ensure the purity and continuity of the breed. Those are the cat lovers. I am not for puppy/kitten mills.

For pure breed short hair with a docile temperament, look for a BSH.

For mid length fur with docile temperament, a ragdoll. Their fur does not shed easily. No need aircon room also.

Asian breeds like the Bengal, Abbysinnian, Singapura, Siamese, Korat etc will be out of your list as they are very active and kaypoh and vocal. Will follow you whole day like 2 of my cats.

Would agree that having them from kittens will be good as you can mould its character. But one good thing about an adult (esp one which is given up) is that the ex-owner can tell you its character/habits etc. Of course you must keep asking questions to ensure he/she is telling the truth.

When my current gang passes on in 10 years time or so, I do want to adopt a mother cat with either one or 2 kittens. Mother cat usually does not get adopted so I want to make sure she is adopted and she can easily train the kittens. The mother-kitten bond will always be there too.

Turbocharged

sibei cute and chubby. [inlove]

My eldest has the same coat pattern as her (classic tabby swirl) but has a white chest instead. I bet your friend's cat is damn kaypoh. [thumbsup]

Just left him at Companion.

They squeezed in a dental. No, he is not 4yrs. More like 5 or 6 according to the vet there. Massive inflammation. Nope not rodent ulcer.

I'm down with the flu and my daughter is having a fever. Things cannot get any worse.

Edited by Genie47

Turbocharged

You can prob collect him tonight before they close at 8pm. They will give you a call once he is deemed fit to go home.

Which vet is attending to him?

Take care of yourself. Flu in this cold weather is no fun.

A bro's cat here has UTI. He was really worried. Now recovered with treatment and prescribed diet. He happy already.

now that bro is me! hehehe [laugh] crossing my fingers and his paws, it wont happen again..

according to vet, once happen, chances of reoccurence is there. [:/][smallcry]

Turbocharged

There are some people helping the stray cats and dogs in Singapore. They spend their own money feeding, medicating, neutering, fostoring them. Mediating with the authorities. But a lot of their efforts down the drain because the authorities are relentless in their pursuit to get rid of them from the face of Singapore. I don't know what is an appropriate word to describe the authorities. HEARTLESS seems an appropriate description.

These volunteers are the unsung heros.

Edited by Kxbc

I am not a fan of showing a cat as I find it torturous for them.

Not really true that breeders (at least the local ones) can tell you the personality of the kitten. It changes as it grows depending on its environment. Characteristic of breed easily found on the net. Also not sure if they will tell you its defects, eg super vocal, last bone in tail not straight (which you can find out easily). [laugh] You need to really find a reputable breeder whose main aim is not to make money but to ensure the purity and continuity of the breed. Those are the cat lovers. I am not for puppy/kitten mills.

For pure breed short hair with a docile temperament, look for a BSH.

For mid length fur with docile temperament, a ragdoll. Their fur does not shed easily. No need aircon room also.

Asian breeds like the Bengal, Abbysinnian, Singapura, Siamese, Korat etc will be out of your list as they are very active and kaypoh and vocal. Will follow you whole day like 2 of my cats.

Would agree that having them from kittens will be good as you can mould its character. But one good thing about an adult (esp one which is given up) is that the ex-owner can tell you its character/habits etc. Of course you must keep asking questions to ensure he/she is telling the truth.

When my current gang passes on in 10 years time or so, I do want to adopt a mother cat with either one or 2 kittens. Mother cat usually does not get adopted so I want to make sure she is adopted and she can easily train the kittens. The mother-kitten bond will always be there too.

Having a show cat mean you can be assured of their blood line and any issues that usually accompanied or associated with certain breeds.

You've given a good example of the behaviour of certian breed, some vocal and docile and Thank you for the recommendation [:)].

Instead of BSH, my daughter prefers a ASH. Again, I would prefer to stick to local breeders than one from the Down Under. Unfortunately, we probably don't have a local ASH [:/]. Perhaps, can look at a Munchkin though not my 1st choice.

I will take my time (its a life-long commitment!) to research on a suitable breed and see how the family could proceed from here. Once I've narrow down to a few breed, may need your professional input then.

I think one cat is a handful already [laugh]. Can't imagine having more [sweatdrop].

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

bro give maine coons a thought..

i love maine coons, gentle giants..look fierce..nice character too.. [:)]

i tot of getting one but dont want my current brat to be jealous..cant bear to put him thru the phase since he is the apple of everyone's eye at home.

bro give maine coons a thought..

i love maine coons, gentle giants..look fierce..nice character too..

i tot of getting one but dont want my current brat to be jealous..cant bear to put him thru the phase since he is the apple of everyone's eye at home.

That is the thing, want a cat as a life-long companion make sure get one that you really like. Long haired breed is not my cup of tea.

We can choose a cat but a cat cannot choose you. Hence, it is a major decision to make.

Regards,

Beware of cats! My friend's and chief tenant's.

[inline "Chomel & Kiki.jpg"]

[inline Jung.jpg]

[inline "Mi Mi.jpg"]

[inline "Nah Net.jpg"]

[inline DSC_1051.JPG]

[inline DSC_1040.JPG]

[inline DSC_1037.JPG]

[inline "Chomel & Kiki.jpg"]

Edited by Lukie102