Dengue Fever

BMW320i

Neutral Newbie

I would like to take this opportunity to warn MCF members of the dangers of Dengue Fever.

Around late last week my mother had of gastric pain in which the doctor classified as an isolated case.

Fever started to kick in as of last sunday in which she went to the clinic and the doctor prescribed some antibiotics and panadols to keep the temperature down. Doctor adviced that if fever persist, come back again on Tuesday.

On Monday fever persist and today apparently my mother said her bones were aching and painful even by just lying down.

My father brought her to the clinic in which the doctor refered her to Mount E. Upon arrival this morning, after blood test was done, doctors confirmed it was dengue fever and that her blood count is extremely low given her age.

She is currently hospitalised and placed on IV as she is unable to consume food or water orally due to vomiting.

The doctor warned that possible bleeding, rash and high fever may occur at the very last stage before the patient recovers. Fever will not subside during early and middle stage and continuous medicine treatment is required to keep the fever under control.

This is a general advice to all. Please take all necessary precautions to ensure any potential form of mosquito breeding can be stopped.

In addition, also take precautions in knowing that just because your place of residence may be free from mosquitos, however you cannot speak the same for your neighbours or even the general environment. Do look out for each other and dengue fever is a very terrible process to go through.

The elderly have to take extra care as their immune system and body is fragile and weak and hence experience more severe symptoms.

I strongly urge everyone to take extra care for your health's well being as well as your family members.

↡ Advertisement

I received this email from somebody, but I cannot guarantee it works for everyone. Any patients who choose to try this method got to take the full responsibility themselves..

Dengue Fever Remedy

I would like to share this interesting discovery from a classmate's son who has just recovered from dengue fever. Apparently, his son was in the critical stage at the ICU when his blood platelet count dropped to 15 after 15 liters of blood transfusion.

His father was so worried that he sought another friend's advice and his son was saved. He confessed to me that he give his son raw juice of papaya leaves. From a platelet count of 45 after 20 liters of blood transfusion, after drinking the raw papaya leaf juice, his platelet count jumped instantly to 135. Even the doctors and nurses were surprised. After the second day he was discharged. He asked me to pass this good news around.

According to my friend he used green papaya leaves,

- 2 whole leaves;

- use only the leafy part and not the stem or sap.

- Just clean, pound (or use a blender) and squeeze the juice out thru filter cloth.

- You will only get one tablespoon per leaf.

- The dosage is two tablespoons per serving once a day.

- Do not boil or cook or rinse with hot water or it will lose its strength.

- It is very bitter and you have to swallow it like "Wong Low Kat".

But it works.

*Papaya Juice - Cure for Dengue*

Another friend of mine had dengue last year. It was a very serious situation for her as her platelet count had dropped dangerously after 3 days in hospital and water started to fill up her lungs. She had difficulty in breathing. She was only 32-year old. Doctor said there's no cure for dengue. We just had to wait for her body immune system to build up resistance against dengue and fight its own battle. She already had 2 blood transfusions and all of us were praying very hard as her platelet count continued to drop from the first day she was admitted.

Fortunately her mother-in-law heard that papaya leaf juice could help to reduce the fever and she got some papaya leaves, pounded them and squeeze the juice out for her. The next day, her platelet count started to increase, her fever subsided. We continued to feed her with papaya juice and she recovered after 3 days!!! Amazing but it's true. I found that it's also good when one is having sore throat.

Please spread the news about this as lately there are many dengue cases. It's great if such a natural cure could help to ease the sufferings of dengue patients. Furthermore it's so easily available. Blend the papaya leaves and squeeze out the juice! It's so simple and miraculously effective!!

It is!

I caught dengue fever twice and survive through on both occasions.

Can understand what your mum is going through and how you feel as a family member.

Let me know if you need help. [wave]

Neutral Newbie

wah... juice from papaya leaf? [sweatdrop]

my cousin got it too but my relative feed him with juice that they got from steaming 田鸡 (frog)...dunnow the process but heard the output is very little and it helps in increasing his platelet count in few days...

at least this one is cooked.. [:p]

Not necessary. My first time was the worst. Second one passed off just another flu and fever until the pain and aching comes once too sudden. [bigcry][sweatdrop]

wah bro, kena twice already bad enough lar.... touch wood lar.... take care and hope that's the last you hear of the dengue.... [nod]

That's why see anything that fly... don't care what.... KILL...KILL.... KILL....... [sweatdrop] ......... the one that fly at home, not at airport.... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

When the platelet count drop to very low, most people start to panic and will try anything. This is also the time when the worst of the dengue is over and the platelet count start increasing naturally due to our own body regeneration. So without a scientific experiment, it is difficult to tell if the papaya fomula, etc really works.

Neutral Newbie

I'm not sure about papaya juice but my mother platelet count was too low for it to work.

But none the less, plenty of fluid, energy food is needed due to loss of appetite.

Neutral Newbie

Once is bad enough. I wonder how you made it through twice.

According to the doctor, there are 4 strains of virus. If you caught it twice, your body is immune to those 2 viruses. However there are 2 others that you are not immune to.

Neutral Newbie
Well wishes for your mother.

BTW, mind sharing which area your mum is staying in? Precautionary info helps.

Thanks

Mount E. More expensive than Raffles hotel. $1000+++ per night. I didn't find their service any more different to that of TTSH but because they were quick to admit my mother to hospital, Mount E was more favourable. TTSH in all their wisdom told my mother she could go home if she wanted to.

The thing about dengue is that there are no cures for it other than to feed the patient with panadols, IV therapy, etc. Platelet infusion can be quite painful as well as the platelet is thicker than saline fluid. Pain enough for my mother to cry.

Taking a few minutes to prevent mosquito bites is better than spending the 1 week or more suffering at hospital from high fever, vomiting, internal bleeding, etc