Advice Needed: Lenovo S10 or Asus Eee PC 1000H

Sirbrian

Hope fellow MCFs can advice me on this choice.

As SITEX is coming up this week, I am seriously looking into buying a Netbook for my self. I narrowed down to the Lenovo S10 or the Asus Eee PC 1000H....and I can't make up my mind which to buy though the price diff is not a big matter.

My main criteria are:

1) Big storage space (>100GB)

2) Min 10" screen

3) Damn good webcam (Though I must say that the Dell Mini is the best when I compare against the above 2)

4) Good batt life (Min 3 hours)

Hope to hear some good advices. You can also recommend other models. Thanks a million. [bounce1]

Edited by Sirbrian
↡ Advertisement

which MSI U100 model?

there is U100-279US and U100-244MY...so many sub model that I'd so lost so that's why never thought of MSI...though I must say they are pretty good comparison

Wahh,din know go so many models. [jawdrop]

So long got 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Processor, 2GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, XP Home,6-cell Battery, 1 Year Warranty shud be ok.

Heard U120 model got 3.5 G [gossip] I think not release yet.

The other reason why I did not choose MSI or even the new LG is because to upgrade the RAM is almost impossible cos you need to remove the whole case right?

Can be done,just tat have to unscrew the back panel. Check with vendor to give 2GB memory lor,than no need to DIY [:p]

Actually these netbook got almost the same specs,just tat which design suits you.

I'm anticipating U100 price to drop further since U120 akan datang

[bigcry]

I just bought the Acer Aspire AOA150 2 days ago. Didn't know there's an exibition soon.... maybe could have got it much cheaper there.

BTW, what is this 6 cell batt? Is it better? I noticed it comes with it but what advanatge?

Thanks

MSI comes with 2GB RAM so no need to bother ... now cheapest amongst three

Asus easiest to install additional RAM (also max 2GB) ... wifi has 'n' interface

S10 overall built seems to be most professional looking

all the above specs are abt the same with the exception of RAM and about the same price range ...

Toshiba is coming out with the NB100 soon. Not during SITEX though. Looked thru the specs, pretty impressive too + it comes with its shock-resistant tech. the HDD will detect any violent vibrations.

MSI Wind: get the 6-cell version. sorry, forgot the model no. liao. think there is only 1 model wif 6-cell.

HP MiniNote 2133?

I have gotten for myself the Acer AOOA150. Bought it over from a fren (who got it for free when she recontract her BB). Good enuff for my daily use. Plus it comes with a 6-cell batt., wifi b/g, 2 memory card slots (1 SD and 1 5-in-1), 3 usb.

Generally, all NetBooks have almost the same specs, plus or miinus a few or a few specs are diff from the rest. Companies must have their selling points.

take msi or eee. s10 is not gd. u go hv a look at hwz. and they compare them. most go for msi or eee.

msi with 6 cell, the laptop will not look thick. same like 3cell.

msi can put on ur lap and use. s10 get v hot.

Edited by Iliketodrive
↡ Advertisement