Review required Audi A3 2.0T FSI qu

Jrage

hi :) anyone tried this model? Dun seem to be able to find any local review on it.

What do you think ?

↡ Advertisement

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop] went to look at golf last wkend also.. but the SE super cannot make it.. *pressing for us to buy*And he ask me if i know how to open the boots of the golf [hur][hur] .. its nothing really special what.. bmw also open the same way.. Really degraded my image of the golf gti.

Inside of the golf also very plastic (selling for 88.5 k).. like the 118i (100k) .. :( dun like..A3 1.8T (116k)is slightly better..

Actually last wkend, Merc C class going for 126k also slightly lower than the A3 2.0 (139k).

Anyway, hubby prefer an audi because it has a younger image. :) so it's btw 2.0T and 18T. Dun seem to find any writeups on it.. so not sure if it's worth the extra.

Edited by Jrage

If both of u like the car, I dun think the extra will deter u. Just have to look out for their promotions. Sometimes they throw in better looking and bigger sports rim at no extra cost.

A3 2.0T is a 3dr hatch (6spd DSG/S-Tronic). A3 1.8T is a 5dr sportback(7spd DSG/S-Tronic). Difference in list price abt $20K +/-, actual is slightly lesser.

not DSG ... it's FSI qu.. which i also dun know what's the diff.. [:/]

Golf on FSI engine also?

Edited by Jrage

Neutral Newbie

The Golf interior maybe unimaginative..but if you are unimpressed with the quality of the plastics..which really is class leading..you might need to look at the Aston Martins which comes with stitched leather.

[:/]

Neutral Newbie

The A3 is pretty vanilla (read: boring)...and only the S3 really looks sweet. Kind of like the Golf TSi looks plain but the GTi looks yummy.

I rather put my money on the C-Class if you must compare it to the A3.

Err, DSG/S-tronic is the name of the gearbox. FSI, the engine is of the Direct Injection kind and qu is Audi term for all wheel drive.

Yes, Golf also have the same 2.0T powerplant. as in the GTI

-------------------------------------------------------

2007 Winners

Best Engine

1.8-litre to 2-litre: Volkswagen/Audi 2-litre Turbo FSI

-------------------------------------------------------

Errr... does it means that Golf '08 model and A3 '09 model is using the same engine?

Orh.. it's call the Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro S tronic (A)

hee hee.. so it's all just abt the looks now.. :P

Edited by Jrage

Neutral Newbie

I bet if you go SITEX this weekend..the massive crowds will convince you that it was 2007 all over again.

Anyway..an R32 really costs about S$160,000...and there are plenty of 160K type cars on the road and being purchased as we speak...so its just the choice of cars..money spent is still the same.