Brake Pads..

Robo

I think it is better to stick to original pads for $50 unless you find it really too dusty. However, if you choose those total without dust Pads, they are usually less grippy. I think safety should come 1st before beauty.

As you know, most daily accidents occurs during mid range speed like 40km/h along heavy traffic expressway, start and stop, then driver's concentration is lacking. Suddenly the front car just stop dead. You jam your brake but just short 20cm of braking distance and hit the front car.

The trouble for that little accident is hell of a lot, small repairs can cost a thousand dollars, not to mention the time to go IDAC and without car for 2 or 3 days.

aftermarket pads are less dusty and more grippy than stock. The higher performance aftermarket pads will be very dusty but the grip is the best around.

Thought that some aftermarket brake pad are more grippy than the original?

you are right, aftermarket pads are generally more grippy than stock (original pads)

thats even worse ah [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

my stock brake pad...(touch wood) still going strong at 100K [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Er...dun ask me how i do it oso hor [laugh][lipsrsealed]

mine 2nd hand lahz.. got it at 38k.. the exowner must be those sissy.. go down slope brake see people brake he also brake, take corner he also brake. when i receive the car pads left less than 50% liao... [mad]

Few cheap ones..... normal ferodo, TRW, Bendix, etc.

When I changed from stock to ferodo. Bite improved but a little squeaky at times when the pads have not warmed up. You see less brake dust but more silver dust from your rotors [:p] . Then TRW I used not too bad. More dust but lesser than stock... but grip is better.

Now just changed Bendix Ultimate this morning.... haven't even bed them in yet (or is there any need to???).... very quiet pads

Fluid can use the normal cheap Mintex ones. Then again, motul don't really cost that much more... so no need to save in this area lah.... about $13 diff for a litre to flush.

i was told by my friends is overkill leh... advise me stick to stock ones cheap and lasting..unless i change the entire brake kit.. but i think its not necessary..just sometime on NSH takes abot of time to slow down from 160km/h.[laugh] but seriously sometimes i feel scared on nsh.. scared my brakes cmi. but so far so good..combine engine brake with foot brake.

stocks are just abit dirty.. but tot of trying aftermarket ones.. to see the difference. just not sure which one to bank my cash on..

also will surely flush the fluid. motul seems like a good idea. [scholar]

For my case, the stock ones are even more expensive than the normal aftermarket ones like TRW or Ferodo. (About the same price as Bendix Ultimate)

So I just went for aftermarket.......better performance, less dust and slightly cheaper.

You might want to check out the normal aftermarket pads for your ride to see the price diff. Then decide whether is it worth the extra if its more ex. Of course don't go looking at the high end race pads like Ferodo DS2500, Endless CCX, etc.... these will cost a bomb. Not so applicable for street use too unless you have good rotors & calipers to pair them.

The cost of Mintex is like $20/ltr while Motul RB600 is ~ $32/ltr. This is something you only change once in a year or maybe 2 years..... so not worthile to save that few bucks. Actually when you consider pads, its also quite the same.... it'll last some 50 to 60K kms.... that's 2 to 3 years on average (depending on how much you travel in a year). So if the better pads are like 30 to 40 bucks diff.... factored over 2 to 3 years.... not much actually.

Edited by Dwoon

thats even worse ah [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

my stock brake pad...(touch wood) still going strong at 100K [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Er...dun ask me how i do it oso hor [laugh][lipsrsealed]

You use flintstones method? Stick your foot on the ground to stop the vehicle instead of brake pedal? [laugh]

a few weeks back, i was quoted by a workshop of over $400 for just 2 pair (front) of EBC Yellow stuff brake pads knife.gif

lucky i manage to find a direct distributor in uk.. shipped and i received it in less than a week, costed me only 59pounds+shipping costs.

was changed at $20 labor @ workshop..

↡ Advertisement