Brake Pads..

Robo

How much brake dust?

Good grade brake pads will always have brake dust due to carbon and metallic compound used. These compounds are great for high temperature, good friction and wear life.

For those pads that are non dusty, it is only good for city, low temp and low speed application. If you go NS highway, you will feel that the braking ability is inadequate. [sweatdrop]

If you don't go into Malaysia NS highway, then beauty of a clean rim may be a prioity. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hawk Brake pads are highly rated. The plus point is that they generate very little brake dust. I was wondering if the brake dust part is true in your case?

currently using project mu....lots of dust.

been wanting to change to hawk but could not find in singapore

Hehe sorry for the really late response, been busy and didnt check in on this thread for a month!

Now that Robo (hey mate!) believes I'm not from Juzz For Cars (though i wish i was!!!), you can get the hawk ones from there? HPS were the ones i fixed. you can do a google on the workshop - they deal mainly with BMWs and Minis.

yes, evidently little brake dust and good stopping power. my grey rims aren't as dirty as before!

didnt have budget to play around with the rotors etc, so i made myself happy with the brakepads.

Hope you get sorted!! :)

anything up to 400 deg range is suited for street driving. getting higher temp pads may mean you don't have good bite when they are cold.

these aftermarket ones should give you better bite. but maybe you should also try to go easy on the accelerator? [laugh]

any idea what is the typical operating temp range for OEM pads?? was considering changing to ferodos after reading quite a few reviews..

but saw in some m'sia forums that there are counterfeit ferodos circulating around.. [sweatdrop]

Good grade brake pads will always have brake dust due to carbon and metallic compound used. These compounds are great for high temperature, good friction and wear life.

For those pads that are non dusty, it is only good for city, low temp and low speed application. If you go NS highway, you will feel that the braking ability is inadequate. [sweatdrop]

If you don't go into Malaysia NS highway, then beauty of a clean rim may be a prioity. [thumbsup]

With so many idiotic and inconsiderate drivers in our local roads, it is good and advisable to be on the safer side to have the car able to stop in time. [thumbsup]

bro...u quoted 600+ for front pads on a CTR?....u sure so exp?

The Project Mu 999 pads that i used on my front is already 330. Retailing at 370 though...

easily 400 - 600 depending on car make. For CTR is 600 plus a pair (front only).

Well i was quoted over the phone...too expensive don't dare to venture into. You can try ask ard too. Beneficial to everyone in the forum if you can get cheaper rate.

IMO Project Mu is good but not the best.

Well i was quoted over the phone...too expensive don't dare to venture into. You can try ask ard too. Beneficial to everyone in the forum if you can get cheaper rate.

IMO Project Mu is good but not the best.

In my opinion, Project Mu is good for cold braking like when engine is started and car is moving early in the morning out of the car park. However, it is not really that friendly to the rotor. It even eats up a proportionate amount of my aftermarket rotor.

In my opinion, Project Mu is good for cold braking like when engine is started and car is moving early in the morning out of the car park. However, it is not really that friendly to the rotor. It even eats up a proportionate amount of my aftermarket rotor.

Bringing up this topic. Speaking about after market normal pads, do they tend to give squeaking sound in the morning when pads are cold?

I am using aftermarket pads now and they give very loud squeaking sound while braking during morning when moving out of the carpark. However, after the pads get heat up there is no more sound.

I would like to try out another after market brand but afraid will give out squeaking sound again.

I checked with WS and they advised to use stock.

Edited by Divers

Bringing up this topic. Speaking about after market normal pads, do they tend to give squeaking sound in the morning when pads are cold?

I am using aftermarket pads now and they give very loud squeaking sound while braking during morning when moving out of the carpark. However, after the pads get heat up there is no more sound.

I would like to try out another after market brand but afraid will give out squeaking sound again.

depends on the brand n model of pads.

high temp and aggressive pads tend to be more noisy.

what pads are you on now?

depends on the brand n model of pads.

high temp and aggressive pads tend to be more noisy.

what pads are you on now?

Im using budget after market pads- Vetto

Its nog high temp and aggressive.

I am using Akebono for my brake pads. They are also an OE Japanese brand.

No squeaking sound.

I am using Akebono for my brake pads. They are also an OE Japanese brand.

No squeaking sound.

I remembered you used project mu pads before, right? How is the comparision between project mu and akebono?

I remembered you used project mu pads before, right? How is the comparision between project mu and akebono?

Both are quite close in terms of braking performance and yes, Akebono does not squeak as much as project mu.

Even then, I do not find project mu brake pads squeaking too loud.

anyone tried HAWK CERAMIC(yellow box) brake pads on their stock rotors(without any slots of holes drilled or any pattern)?  Does it squeal.  Is it a high or low temperature pad.