Need to replace the airflow sensor of Sunny N16

Novicej

Neutral Newbie

I need to replace the airflow sensor of Sunny N16. Anybody got lowbung?

Story:

Everything was normal when I did the routine warmup before driving. All of a sudden, the car vibrate violently. I suspect it was the sparkplug got it changed, it became better but only for a shortwhile (10mins. So i visited the mechanic, they suspect its the air flow sensor - quoted $160 but they can't guarantee.

↡ Advertisement

Ask them to point out to you where is the airflow sensor. Buy from stockist then replace yourself. Sure cheaper if that's really the cause.

Maybe you want to try call autosaver to ask. Since they supose to be specialize in Nissan car. Their price should be cheaper than TC.

So not confirm it's the airflow sensor then. Better dun buy from Stockists like Teck Guan or Fong Tat.

Suggest you go to Riverview Auto or Autosaver to check first.

The airflow sensor should be right after the air filter. You can see something is plugged into the tube (between the air filter box and engine). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically it senses the amount of air entering the engine so it can tell the ECU and the ECU can adjust the air-fuel ratio to it's optimal standard.

If it is spoilt or dirty, it means that the ECU can't detect the airflow. So I guess it will lead to hesitation.

I need to replace the airflow sensor of Sunny N16. Anybody got lowbung?

Story:

Everything was normal when I did the routine warmup before driving. All of a sudden, the car vibrate violently. I suspect it was the sparkplug got it changed, it became better but only for a shortwhile (10mins. So i visited the mechanic, they suspect its the air flow sensor - quoted $160 but they can't guarantee.

Did u use any K&N filter?

Try using electronic cleaner & spray the air-flow sensor to remove all the dirt.

It may work.

hi there. Before u spend $$ on a new MAF, i suggest u check if ur throttle body is dirty. cost abt $40+/- at any eunos workshop to clean (if u dun wanna do it urself). i had the same symptoms u have, but now its all good.

all the best!

Neutral Newbie

Yep tried and they found the problem. Its the spark plug cable. Now firing on 3 cylinder only, car no power, exhause like boxer engine, They quote me 200 plus.