Why such people exist?

Tantohheng

Ok my side of the story:

I have a Malaysian female colleague whom i lunch regularly with and she likes to put down Singaporean. Saying things such as:

Singaporean never tough it out before not like Malaysian

Singaporean too kiasu not like Malaysian

Singaporean dont care for their families as much as Malaysian

Singaporean cannot make it cos go Malaysia for cheaper petrol and things

Singaporean dont know how to value money

Compare me to her Malaysian brother who is 1 year younger and currently married and already has a roof; me is 28 years old, not married and still living with parents.

Sometimes i think about it i also very Tulan with her.

Its not that i am a very Singaporean Singaporean but to me she has no rights to say such things. Cos whatever she say just put down Singaporean. I am not putting down Malaysian here but i think its not nice to put other nationality down. I think she got low EQ.

Furthermore, why i think she has no right to say this is because:

She works here, earn Singaporean dollars.

She stays here, married Singaporean husband.

Furthermore I never never put down Malaysians before in our daily conversations.

These days when i see her, i also dont feel like talking to her le.

Sianz. why such people exists?

Hey kawan,

When your leaders publicly criticize your neighbour, their citizens keep quite

now just one neighbour criticize you cannot tahan

there may be some truth in what she say

it is your duty as a singaporean to prove to her that what she had commented is wrong

if not then we ourselves need to change

↡ Advertisement

Singaporean never tough it out before not like Malaysian - Oh no, Sg never like to tough it out anal unlike their leaders.

Singaporean too kiasu not like Malaysian - Nothing wrong with that, I don't any KS parents sending their kids crossing over to JB primary school to get a education thou. [laugh]

Singaporean dont care for their families as much as Malaysian - I agree, we are just too friendly with donations to charities and welcome boleh FTs to care for ourselves, we deserve an award for that.

Singaporean cannot make it cos go Malaysia for cheaper petrol and things - I agree, they also make trips to Thailand to get stuffs too, don't think I don't know. [lipsrsealed]

Singaporean dont know how to value money - Of course we value $$$, they don't and thats why their currency can never match ours. [laugh][laugh]

Compare me to her Malaysian brother who is 1 year younger and currently married and already has a roof; me is 28 years old, not married and still living with parents. - You not good, please understand that unlike us, they need marriage to obtain license for sex and a roof so that they won't be caught in hotel while we need not to worry about such things.

This is also why she married a Sg because back in her land, she will probably get arrested for being hanky panky.

Sometimes i think about it i also very Tulan with her. - You can be angry with her but don't Tu-lan, not fair to your bro.

- One line, such remarks arise because of jealously. She probably wish that her homeland is as good if not better but reality bites. [:/]

So take it as vent of frustration. Beside, she also cannot vent it at night, her husband probably dominate her for her to vent it out. [lipsrsealed]

Have a good day, it's Friday after all. [thumbsup]

No doubt i also compare but the difference is i will not say them to the Malaysian cos i think its not nice and just. Not nice to hurt others feelings.

Think can think but can no need to say one to hurt people right?

Not all. Majority I met and knew isn't.

those whom are practical ones mostly stayed in or near rural.

Then I must be very lucky. Those I have met so far are in this category. [lipsrsealed][laugh]

ok if you have a good friend.

will you talk in a way that bring above your oen nationality and belittle your friend's nationality?

Maybe you will but i will not cos its my good friend.

Not all things will hurts but also remember not all things can say.

wa actually these thoughts also ran through my mind but i never say it out cos feel its pointless and hurting.

Then ignore her and move on with your life. Don't let affect you.

Sure she knows one type of rice feeds 100 types of people. Does she goes around telling everyone what she told you? No right? I am sure when she said these, she is refering it to someone. Why don't just ask her straight forward, instead of assuming, since you already giving up friendship with her. Why don't you try to understand and treasure...

THINK

I do agree with you, it is not nice to hear these types of words from someone's mouth, but it is through this way that some time it makes us "wake up our idea" unless we can see it "first hand".

Neutral Newbie
Ok my side of the story:

I have a Malaysian female colleague whom i lunch regularly with and she likes to put down Singaporean. Saying things such as:

Compare me to her Malaysian brother who is 1 year younger and currently married and already has a roof; me is 28 years old, not married and still living with parents.

Its not that i am a very Singaporean Singaporean but to me she has no rights to say such things. Cos whatever she say just put down Singaporean. I am not putting down Malaysian here but i think its not nice to put other nationality down. I think she got low EQ.

Furthermore I never never put down Malaysians before in our daily conversations.

hi there, dun worry, this is not one side of your story only.

myself and other of my singaporean friends, also have then same feeling and same tulan. a lot and a lot of malaysian who work or dun work in singapore, they just like to, or habitually to criticize, complaint, put down singaporean about this and that.

yes, i also agreed with you, none of my s'porean friends will complain about malaysians who work here, and put them down. at most, they joke about m'sia garment, but not the people and places.

Neutral Newbie
Bcos she's jealous and envious of Sgporeans.

If SG becomes like M'sia using the same currency, u think she'll come to SG to work?

If M'sians so good , why marry a Sgporean man?

What she says is contradicting, she says she dun like all these things yet she had done all the unthinkable. Let her say as much as she wants and [laugh] inside your heart. She's putting her foot where her mouth is. This kind of materialistic b*tch will never be satisfied.

hi there, i agreed with you about the "b*tch". i have female friends from the same kampung as me, they came to work in s'pore, after sometimes, they earned some money, then they start to become very bitchy. And some of the malaysia lady who married to a singaporean guy, the bithciness is just like [sweatdrop] sigh, i dun need to say lah.

Since she got so much to say about Singaporean guys, in the end she still choose a singaporean guy as husband.

What has that say??.. We are tua ki !! [lipsrsealed]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Ok my side of the story:

not only m'sia lady is doing that, some of the guys also did the same thing.

↡ Advertisement