Instant Water Heater

Nlatio

NB... are all Instant Water Heater all same same..... change a few liao... but all like CMI.... no pressure liek that..... the water come out like pan leo like that.... don;t tell me I need to install those Storage tank???.... Any one facing the same problem??? Still prefer instant Water Heater....save electricity and $$$$.... [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Unless your other taps about the house all have good water pressure..... only the heater outlet doesn't, then most likely the heater is the cause.

Then is there any diff in water flow between hot & cold setting? Normally, the hotter the setting, the slower the flow......

u stay top floor is it? but these days, HDB comes with booster pump, so no matter where u live, shd have decent water pressure.

instant heater has different settings. some settings make the water hotter by using more current. but it only works to a certain extent. beyond that temperature, even hotter water is achieved by restricting the flow.

go see if ur heater is restricting the flow. instant heater pressure confirm lose to storage heater, but shd be good enuff to supply a regular shower head. if u using rain shower then just too bad [laugh]

dunnit building expert..simple logic answer liao.. [laugh]

water pressure of the building is not the problem..

the problem lies in the designs of the water heater..you look at the inlet pipe diameter of those heater..compare it to the diameter of the pipes leading to your taps..

simple logic says that 'what goes in must come out'..so the volumetric flowrate going into the heater must be equal to the flowrate coming out..

the inlet pipe is the bottleneck..it's limiting the amount of water flowing into the heater..

I got similar problem like this. After moved in to this house, the water from the heater is small liek pan leo...

I thought the problem with the water heater, thinking to change to a new one.

Fedup abit, I dismentle the hose and start to on/off/on/off, the water flow still the same, then suddenly 1 rubber flow out from the outlet, and the water flow become normal. Problem solved.

Still not understand why the rubber was there...?? [furious]

(1)What about High Pressure water Heaters which supply water under very high pressure.

How do they work???

(2)Same quantity of water out as in?

1. Personally, i have never seen those high pressure water heaters..so can't really explain how it works..

my home is using those 200L big ass heater running on gas supplying 3 bathrooms..so i have no prob with water pressure..but my experience with those mini wall mounted heaters are similar to what the TS experiences..low water pressure..

2. The heater is not storing any water right? so if 1m^3 of water flowing into the heater in say 10seconds means 1m^3 of water must flow out from the heater in 10sec lor.

Water pressure is dependent on height of the tank above the heater, which in TS's case, is constant. So the limiting factor in the water heater system is the diameter of the pipe flowing into the heater.

Edited by Shull

lol.i just had my fluid mechanics exam on tues..so everything is still fresh in my mind..

an electronic expert here? my electronics paper comin up on mon..and i'm still blur abt the whole topic.. [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

how is the pressure of other tap ??? ok.

if the pressure is too low the heater will not turn on.

change the spray head where --- less hole n small diameter so the water spray out higher pressure.

Why not call PUB and they will send their ppl to check for you. Heard from a pub supervisor sometimes if your neighbour install their own pump, it will sap pressure from adjacent units. You nver know...

Rather than spending again on a heater, the real issue could be the water pressure..

Unless your other taps about the house all have good water pressure..... only the heater outlet doesn't, then most likely the heater is the cause.

Then is there any diff in water flow between hot & cold setting? Normally, the hotter the setting, the slower the flow......

ya my other taps are alrite.... only the heater one very telok..... already set the water flow to max.... don't really need it to be so hot.... but still....

the problem lies in the designs of the water heater..you look at the inlet pipe diameter of those heater..compare it to the diameter of the pipes leading to your taps..

the inlet pipe is the bottleneck..it's limiting the amount of water flowing into the heater..

hmmm any good model/brand of Instant Water Heater got big inlet pipe leh?? ... I already change a few shower head, all sama sama.... [dizzy]

that..you gotta hunt around..measure the current inlet pipe diameter first..then go look around for something bigger..

↡ Advertisement