Instant Water Heater

Nlatio

15 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Anyone using instant water heater with booster pump?

Any brand to recommend? 

I am using one. This is the brand I am using, Rinnai :

https://www.rinnai.sg/rei-a330np-r

I think its been 2 or 3 years liao. Love the in-built pump. Really increase the water pressure. It is a DC motor pump so can adjust the pump pressure accordingly. Especially nowadays rainy weather, need to decrease the pump pressure so as to maintain a hot bath. If too much pressure, water flow too fast around the heating coil so water not heated up.

I cant remember the exact price, think $300? Bought it from a shop along Jalan Besar near the junction of Kelantan Lane where there is a bus stop and a few motorcycle accessory shops.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

i am staying 40 yr old flat in tampines ... (no pipe in gas also) ...

water pressure is 👎 ... even when i am at top floor, right under the water tanks. 😅

Top floor water pressure is lowest lah. Move to lower floors for higher pressure, or complain to town council till they install/repair/turn on booster pump! 

7 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

water pressure is 👎 ... even when i am at top floor, right under the water tanks. 😅

I think those flats which built in the 70s high chance will have low water pressure esp at certain floor. Until now i still don’t understand why hdb flats can have low water pressure issue de? 😓

For those in newer hdb flats (5yrs or less), check if hdb installed water saving attachments to the water outlet. I removed mine and the water flow is bit stronger now.

8 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I also top floor.. it's the worst. 

Too near the tank,  it's gravity fed.. few  floors lower better. 

9 hours ago, Victor68 said:

How could a storage tank increase water pressure leh? If you study physics,  without pump, it is all about gravity. There are instant heater with booster pump built in. Check with the supplier, there is one in IMM level 3 next to the car park entrance. 

That's what I tot also... but the sales folks insist.. even some friends too 🤔

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I am using one. This is the brand I am using, Rinnai :

https://www.rinnai.sg/rei-a330np-r

I think its been 2 or 3 years liao. Love the in-built pump. Really increase the water pressure. It is a DC motor pump so can adjust the pump pressure accordingly. Especially nowadays rainy weather, need to decrease the pump pressure so as to maintain a hot bath. If too much pressure, water flow too fast around the heating coil so water not heated up.

I cant remember the exact price, think $300? Bought it from a shop along Jalan Besar near the junction of Kelantan Lane where there is a bus stop and a few motorcycle accessory shops.

Thanks bro.

u installed the water heater yourself?

You use the normal 13A plug or higher amp?

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Thanks bro.

Yes, I DIY. Its a direct replacement from my older heater. Not sure the ampere rating. It is a dedicated heater line.

11 hours ago, Victor68 said:

How could a storage tank increase water pressure leh? If you study physics,  without pump, it is all about gravity. There are instant heater with booster pump built in. Check with the supplier, there is one in IMM level 3 next to the car park entrance. 

This website is very informative.

https://www.aosbath.com/4-facts-about-hot-water-pressure-in-singapore/

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Playtime said:

That's what I tot also... but the sales folks insist.. even some friends too 🤔

Refer to the website i linked lah. It answers all the questions.

The reason why storage heater will work is cos the 20-30L of the heated water is already inside the tank and can flow to you at 10L/min.
So even if your cold water is coming in from the rooftop tank at <10L/min, it's mitigated by your own supply inside the house. It's exactly the same concept of why a toilet needs a Cistern to store water. Cos the 10L/min coming in the pipe will never flush the toilet properly.

Instant heaters are just inferior ++ period.

And I didn't know this before reading this article, but it says that the booster pump is technically illegal to install

Edited by Lala81

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Thanks bro.

water heater is 13A. only air-con need higher amp.

9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Refer to the website i linked lah. It answers all the questions.

The reason why storage heater will work is cos the 20-30L of the heated water is already inside the tank and can flow to you at 10L/min.
So even if your cold water is coming in from the rooftop tank at <10L/min, it's mitigated by your own supply inside the house. It's exactly the same concept of why a toilet needs a Cistern to store water. Cos the 10L/min coming in the pipe will never flush the toilet properly.

Instant heaters are just inferior ++ period.

And I didn't know this before reading this article, but it says that the booster pump is technically illegal to install

Even if you have a 15 gal tank installed 1.8m above your head and the pressure into the tank is only that much, say 0.5 bar, it is not going to help too. Having a booster pump definitely will increase pressure.  Of course the rest of the article on the shower head,, restrictor,  etc are thing you should consider when you don't have pressure. Rain shower helps too when it flow downwards instead of having to spray out. 

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Even if you have a 15 gal tank installed 1.8m above your head and the pressure into the tank is only that much, say 0.5 bar, it is not going to help too. Having a booster pump definitely will increase pressure.  Of course the rest of the article on the shower head,, restrictor,  etc are thing you should consider when you don't have pressure. Rain shower helps too when it flow downwards instead of having to spray out. 

i fixed a rain shower set at my place .... but sad to say, even with the pump water heater, it feels like something a "small" rain only also ... the heater still has to pump the water up the pipe to the rain shower head and that takes a lot of toll on the pressure.

22 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

i fixed a rain shower set at my place .... but sad to say, even with the pump water heater, it feels like something a "small" rain only also ... the heater still has to pump the water up the pipe to the rain shower head and that takes a lot of toll on the pressure.

Rain shower head cannot use on low water pressure de. Lol.

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Rain shower head cannot use on low water pressure de. Lol.

Ya lo, become drizzle shower head...haha.

• Haha! 3

Most high rise including HDB top floors have booster pump system. For landed, then too bad, you need to find your own ways especially if you at sitting on a higher ground. Consolation, with sea water going higher, you are less likely to experience flooding. haha

• Haha! 2