Instant Water Heater

Nlatio

18 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Anyone got a plumber to recommend? Need to replace storage heater. Some asked for as much as the heater! Just need to mount on wall and reconnect/extend the pipes.

? the shop that sells the heater cannot recommend u one?

↡ Advertisement

I don't know what brand you guys are using for shower head but the Hansgrohe I used got a filter at the place where you screw the hose onto it. 

After cleaning the filter, the water flow became bigger. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Kklim said:

Anyone got a plumber to recommend? Need to replace storage heater. Some asked for as much as the heater! Just need to mount on wall and reconnect/extend the pipes.

It's like that one - the plumbers also need to earn a living. Maybe 150 to install, close to price of a heater. It's a 2 person job plus transport to and fro. 

Unless you can find an exact same model, or you have piping experience to FIY, no choice got to pay about 150 for the job.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

I don't know what brand you guys are using for shower head but the Hansgrohe I used got a filter at the place where you screw the hose onto it. 

After cleaning the filter, the water flow became bigger. 

I think all will have

On 12/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, Kklim said:

Are you getting the heater yourself  ? Is it the exact same model ? Is it concealed ? If concealed, this is leceh. If not, just ask any experienced Foreign Talent can liao. PM me if you want some contacts.  

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Instant water heater seems so much trouble.

Storage heater is much cleaner to install. Just need more pipings only.

Supercharged
On 12/3/2019 at 4:01 PM, Kb27 said:

Instant water heater seems so much trouble.

Storage heater is much cleaner to install. Just need more pipings only.

Not when your kid forgets to turn it off 😒

20 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Not when your kid forgets to turn it off 😒

You mean forget to turn off storage heater? What will happen? Lol.

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You mean forget to turn off storage heater? What will happen? Lol.

Nothing.

The internal thermostat is set at 60 degrees usually before power is cut off. So when it drops too low, it will reheat itself lor. Other than waste of electricity, it's really not a big deal.

It's just a kettle... [:p]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Nothing.

The internal thermostat is set at 60 degrees usually before power is cut off. So when it drops too low, it will reheat itself lor. Other than waste of electricity, it's really not a big deal.

It's just a kettle... [:p]

Even never off the switch only waste electricity ah? The storage tank would not overheated and spoilt or even explode la?

It is same like iron? If forget to off the switch, will the iron explode? Lol. Cause i remember once i used the iron before i go out, then when i was already out and far from house, then suddenly remember if i have off the switch for the iron? Then get worry and i went all the way back to check! -_-

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Even never off the switch only waste electricity ah? The storage tank would not overheated and spoilt or even explode la?

It is same like iron? If forget to off the switch, will the iron explode? Lol. Cause i remember once i used the iron before i go out, then when i was already out and far from house, then suddenly remember if i have off the switch for the iron? Then get worry and i went all the way back to check! -_-

An iron may burn the cloth underlying it if it's a flammable material and it just keeps being heated. But modern irons also have thermostat lah.
The ones that don't are those from 1960s to 1970s type that is just a heating element with no water type. Or those industrial types. 

Nope. Your water heater usually switches off once thermostat temp is reached within the tank. Usually 60 degrees celsius.
For a 20+L 3.0A heater which is the standard heater in most flats/condos, it takes somewhere around 25 mins. Probably if it drops like 5-10 deg when water cools or hot h20 used up and new water comes in, then reactivate lor.

Leaving it on is not a good habit, but not really a big deal. 

• Praise 3

so in conclusion.... pressure wise. without additional pump..

since gravity fed water pressure is a function of height differential with the roof tank..

a storage heater being barely 3 feet above the water exit... it will not result in better pressure than instant heater even if theres some pressure loss in the instant heater ?

right?

12 minutes ago, Kklim said:

There was one local case where the storage heater boomz and killed the person. Likely the thermostat failed.

Thermostat fail, it will just continue to boil the water or not working at all. It will not go boomz.

It will only go boomz if the safety relief valve is not working. This is a mechanical valve, no electrical parts. Typically spring loaded to a set pressure and relief the water or steam pressure in the storage tank.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Kklim said:

There was one local case where the storage heater boomz and killed the person. Likely the thermostat failed.

yes. there's a valve as adrianli mentioned. very unlikely to happen. Probably being electrocuted by short circuit or badly/old wired instant heater is multiple times more likely to happen.

Storage heater tank boomz? If this really can happen or can happen easily, then this is scary. Imagine the water tank burst and inside are all hot water siah! 😓

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Storage heater tank boomz? If this really can happen or can happen easily, then this is scary. Imagine the water tank burst and inside are all hot water siah! 😓

then every year you go exercise the pressure relief valve. tug at it to make sure its not jammed.

↡ Advertisement