Instant Water Heater

Nlatio

I have 2x 707 heaters and one of them just down today. 11 years old, so going to simply replace both.

If base on safety features as criteria and budget 200 - 300, which instant heater would you recommend? Don't want 707 anymore and seems panasonic is now highly rated for safety and quality.

Also, do you usually just buy the heater and then find someone to come install? Cos most shops and online they only just sell the heater.

Normally is it plumber guy or electrician guy install?

Thanks for your answers.

↡ Advertisement

Any instant water heater to recommend. Top priority is must be hot. I also like those with built in leakage breaker.

Previous heater was a 707 Alpine (3.3kW) which just about meets the hot criteria.

Recently changed to a Panasonic DH-3RL1 (3kW) which feels colder than the -0.3kW diff with the old 707.

Looking around, it seems the highest wattage for such instant elec heater is 3.3kW (around 15A limit) so that would be the default I should be looking for.

I am considering the 707 Protek. Any user experience?

41 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Any instant water heater to recommend. Top priority is must be hot. I also like those with built in leakage breaker.

Previous heater was a 707 Alpine (3.3kW) which just about meets the hot criteria.

Recently changed to a Panasonic DH-3RL1 (3kW) which feels colder than the -0.3kW diff with the old 707.

Looking around, it seems the highest wattage for such instant elec heater is 3.3kW (around 15A limit) so that would be the default I should be looking for.

I am considering the 707 Protek. Any user experience?

i replaced almost 20 year-old 707s in both toilets with 707 compact a few years back. 

the old water heaters short circuited and tripped the circuit breaker when they were turned on.

electrician said due to regular wear and tear since they were already so old

didn't consider other brands looking at how reliable the old model was

😅

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

I am not sure if I have mentioned it here before. For water heater, best to ensure the person installing it has good knowledge of electrical installation, a Licenced Electrical Worker preferred, if not at least truly know about electrical installation. Earthing is very important as you are dealing with close contact with water. Poor earthing can leads to electrical shock. Taping straight from a 13 amps switch socket outlet is also not recommended if this is a new installation. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Enye said:

i replaced almost 20 year-old 707s in both toilets with 707 compact a few years back. 

the old water heaters short circuited and tripped the circuit breaker when they were turned on.

electrician said due to regular wear and tear since they were already so old

didn't consider other brands looking at how reliable the old model was

😅

And I thought my previous few that gave up around 5 yrs were good enough 😅

Or do you only use it during LNY period 😁

Edited by mersaylee
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1