Instant Water Heater

Nlatio

lol.i just had my fluid mechanics exam on tues..so everything is still fresh in my mind..

an electronic expert here? my electronics paper comin up on mon..and i'm still blur abt the whole topic.. [laugh][laugh]

lolz... muz be wondering wad teh indian chap is talking half the time..... [laugh][laugh]

word of caution... rem to memorise my formula bery hard.... i forgot my formulas suddenly during my EE papar then... cos too used to open book... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

kekeke... the shop fella must be wondering why this chap take a measuring tape measuring all the inlet of the water heater.... well.... will go around to look at some model maybe.... else jsut live with it until got chance move house..... think if wanna fix those water storage type will be quite telok..... got to change all the stuff.... major major reno..... [dizzy] ....... wonder if those running on gas type will be better???

I'm amazed, SG so hot some of u still use water heater?

For me I use cold shower even tho I have gas water heater. It's good for my balls...i mean reproductive organs also. Even in the morning at 7, cold shower before I go to work.

Last time when very young got swimming training in the early morning, also like that, so used to it. U think public swimming pool got water heater? Toilet/bathroom there also no water heater.

gas type is better. the pressure is unaffected by the heater as the "heater" is basically a gas burner which flames the metal water pipe [laugh]

not to mention, u probably save as gas shd be cheaper than electricity. at least, that's the selling point.

however, i find that the temperature is very very hard to set to my liking. either the gas cuts off cos i use too little hot water, or i practically get scalded. not sure if this applies to all gas heaters or just the particular one which my in laws use

early in the morning, the water is cold leh. u power la [sweatdrop]. for me, cold shower reminds me of NS days. but that time can take it leh. wonder why? maybe it really IS good. but just not my cup of tea when i have the choice

in the mid to late afternoon, for high floor, still ok. in fact i'd guess pple like u wun like to shower then cos the water from the pipe can be very warm! [laugh]

unfortunately, i stay on low floor. so whatever time of the day, i will usually use the heater [shakehead]. but for hot afternoons, i use only a small portion of hot water (mine's the mixer tap kind). the unheated water is usually somewhat warm liao

dunnit building expert..simple logic answer liao.. [laugh]

water pressure of the building is not the problem..

the problem lies in the designs of the water heater..you look at the inlet pipe diameter of those heater..compare it to the diameter of the pipes leading to your taps..

simple logic says that 'what goes in must come out'..so the volumetric flowrate going into the heater must be equal to the flowrate coming out..

the inlet pipe is the bottleneck..it's limiting the amount of water flowing into the heater..

however, as the inlet become smaller, the flow of water should become faster...

as area is inversely proportional to velocity...

well that is what i learn from my physics prof many many years back... [:p]

Why not call PUB and they will send their ppl to check for you. Heard from a pub supervisor sometimes if your neighbour install their own pump, it will sap pressure from adjacent units. You nver know...

Rather than spending again on a heater, the real issue could be the water pressure..

My water pressure also cannot make it. Pressure is ridiculously low. [:|][:/][mad][rifle]

Call PUB come down will they charge?

IMO u can DIY, the main valve is just next to your main door. U should have the key to the door. Just use a spanner and turn counter-clockwise to open to its fullest.

If still no change, it has to do with the design of how the piping is run.

All those who had claim that they have studied fluid mechanics or whatever are only theory crap. Only those who study civil and water piping system will know why.

Edited by Watwheels

There are two settings on electric on-demand shower heaters.

1. Power.

2. Temperature.

I advise you to set temperature to coldest and power to highest.

The temperature is controlled by flow. If you set to hot, the flow will be slow so that the heater has more time to heat the water as it flows through.

That is why use the high power (more electricity) to the heater to heat the water that is fast flowing (cold setting).

The other thing is not to change the shower head. If you have to, make sure it is for instant shower heater. These shower heads restrict the flow and allow for better heating of water.

Edited by Genie47

Not good for showers. Great for the faucets for the rest of the house but not the shower. Affected by the number of faucets opened. If the faucet is turned off, there is a blast of hot water then cold. Very bad for a shower.

What type of water heater are u using, those with two knobs of setting or only one?

It's impt to use only those with one and one water heating element, as the element can cause pressure drop.

change your shower head to one that restrict water flow..

the source, i.e. water inlet-outlet from main pipe into your heater is small, thus no matter how you adjust, the output is going to be small..

or if you want to save electricity, go for gas heater if you are a commoner and staying at HDB.. [:p] apparently gas is cheaper if the rate remain like this [:/]

I got similar problem like this. After moved in to this house, the water from the heater is small liek pan leo...

I thought the problem with the water heater, thinking to change to a new one.

Fedup abit, I dismentle the hose and start to on/off/on/off, the water flow still the same, then suddenly 1 rubber flow out from the outlet, and the water flow become normal. Problem solved.

Still not understand why the rubber was there...?? [furious]

what sort of rubber? have someone in your house been naughty [sly][laugh]

but if it's those black type, it might be those of washer which have break down.. then shd check on all the piping connection to see if there's any leak..

If I'm not wrong.... gas water heater cannot be installed in HDB leh.... [sweatdrop] regulation.....

So unless you lvie in a private property..... [:/]

is it?

then strange liao.. pte usually don't have city gas running in, so whot to have gas water heater?

↡ Advertisement