Nlatio

but what about wires - ability to carry electrical loan

piping and so on

just dont get electrocuted

hear before someone got electrocuted and when medic came

shock

saw body with cxxk standing

dont know if it true or not

Electrical wires are available at any hardware store or Sim Lim Tower, just get the simple three core wires. They are thick enough for ur water heater.

Piping??? Its just a hose connected to ur tap. There are fittings available at hardware store for ur tap to fit ur hose. I usually pop by Kelantan Lane there to get my fittings. Sungei Road got cheaper second hand options but bo bao no leak. [laugh]

If you use proper electrical conduit to hide the wires, no electrocution would happen. If u lay the wire exposed, sure to get electrocuted. Anyway, if ur house circuit breaker is working, u will not be electrocuted cos it will trip first.

↡ Advertisement

Need help.......which brand and model of instant water heater (electric type, not gas ) is a good buy. Thank you. Not the storage type.

Presently using: Alpha brand, model S100 series ( Malaysia ).

Problem: The outflow rate is not strong. Heat is not a problem. Probably due to it's slim design, the internal pipe is small bore and thus flow rate not good.

SPA/Regal brand with high pressure output with an option of internal motor along Jalan Besar Road. (fat man sitting at the cashier)

Can someone help? My instant water heater leaked water few days ago. Opened up n checked today, actually water leaked from a plastic body w torn gasket that's connected to copper tank via black tubing. Went to some shops to ask for spare parts said don't have.

Was thinking of capping copper tank without linking tube to that plastic body if I can't find matching hex nut. Anybody know what's the purpose? Thot it's kinda redundant. At best I think was not to cause more deposit in copper tank or act as pressure reducing.

Although can still use, but concerned leaked water come into contact w circuitry. Now looking for spare internal parts above.

Using viva 300 for few yrs.

Can someone help? My instant water heater leaked water few days ago. Opened up n checked today, actually water leaked from a plastic body w torn gasket that's connected to copper tank via black tubing. Went to some shops to ask for spare parts said don't have.

Was thinking of capping copper tank without linking tube to that plastic body if I can't find matching hex nut. Anybody know what's the purpose? Thot it's kinda redundant. At best I think was not to cause more deposit in copper tank or act as pressure reducing.

Although can still use, but concerned leaked water come into contact w circuitry. Now looking for spare internal parts above.

what is the shape of the gasket like? if it is difficult to source for spare parts, maybe you gotta fall back on your ingenuity e.g. using rubber washers.

Flat round translucent about 5-6cm diameter. But also a piece of button-like plastic with 2cm steel pin perpendicular to it pressing against gasket. The button stuff broke as well.

Got photo???

Got photo???

the rubber gasket and thimble assembly in the plastic regulator beside the copper tank were torn / cracked, causing water to discharge from one of the protrusion.

post-57422-1360924294_thumb.jpg

any idea where to get this complete part? i can use back existing tubing n nut to connect to copper tank. TIA.

Edited by Fuelsaver

the rubber gasket and thimble assembly in the plastic regulator beside the copper tank were torn / cracked, causing water to discharge from one of the protrusion.

any idea where to get this complete part? i can use back existing tubing n nut to connect to copper tank. TIA.

Repair heater most of the time and find that it would not last.please replace one for safety reason.

Edited by Jtb

Repair heater most of the time and find that it would not last.please replace one for safety reason.

Just the regulator assembly replace n it's as good as working set. Will replace if still cannot find. Tks bro.

Can circle the defective part??? I still cant see the problem or mineral residue on the copper pipes by water leakage.

Wonder those gas heater good or not?

No good. Have to let the water flow for a while before u get hot water. Electric ones almost instant. But gas one can make the water very very hot, shiok for some.

I have both, electric and gas. Electric one, replace once already. Gas, still going strong.

Gas one was free from City Gas when I sign up for their piped gas supply.

the good instant water heater is the one that keeps it plain and simple with better quality materials.

Cos it's a super simple device.

If u speak to the retailers and the people who own them, 707 is the one that stays true to the older water heaters which many are still functional today. N this is after 15-20+ years.

Not say the others are lousy actually.

Yup i got 2units 707 instant heaters at home n now abt 14 yrs n still going strong.

Previous used other uk brands also not cheap but spoil after 6-9yrs only.

Can circle the defective part??? I still cant see the problem or mineral residue on the copper pipes by water leakage.

post-57422-1360978179_thumb.jpgregulator is beside copper cylindrical tank (grey one with 6 screws)

post-57422-1360978233_thumb.jpgregulator removed & disassembled

post-57422-1360978268_thumb.jpgtranslucent gasket & thimble taken out

post-57422-1360978315_thumb.jpggasket & thimble (thimble actually has a slim metal rod perpendicularly attached to it but broke); if these 2 can be purchase off the rack, all problem would be solved, else i'm trying to get whole regulator assembly (not sure if it's called regulator but this is an essential component for the heater to work; tried bypassing but heater wouldn't turn on - no light indicator)

hope this clarifies, tks bro.

Edited by Fuelsaver

Like what others said...get it changed or professionally repaired unless u r qualified.

Instant heater combines electricity n water. A very dangerous combination.

New instant heaters r not ex. $100-200 plus fr a new heater.

↡ Advertisement