Change Battery will cause Alarm and Central-lock to fail?

Dunno

Neutral Newbie

My battery just died...cannot even crank the car... so I changed to a new one myself.

After changing new battery, car can start perfectly on first crank....but then...car remote cannot work...central locking also cannot work.

Took out the Stinger Alarm main unit...see see look look...unplug and plug in all wires...still cannot. Tried to reset the alarm...manual say press reset switch 3 times, etc, but cannot find reset button on the main unit....

Does the central-lock depend on the functionality of the alarm?

Sian...now got 3 things to fix liao...cracked windscreen, remote and central lock...zzzzz

Want to change car when my OMV for this year finish in 8 month's time...scrap this one and get a new corolla :D

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The crack seems to be getting bigger leh...but seems like the top layer crack...bottom layer...cannot feel the crack with my finger nails...still smooth on the underside.

If possible just repair it to tahan another 8 months...at least stop the growing crack...it grew from 15 to 20 cm [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

if it does gets bigger than better becareful.

why not do a calculation and see how much the damage will cost you and how much depreciation is for 8 months and see which is more worth it.....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I went to BM last week and it was the SE who asked me to wait cos COE expected to drop. Because my current car's COE was only 22k, not worth scraping earlier so he advised me to continue driving for 8 months to fully utilise my OMV and scrap when it's about to drop to 90% and watch the COE price...if drop till $28K or less then go book the Corolla. So I figured that gives me around 4 or 5 months to play around with...hope COE drop lor.

Use key I still ok but the car usually driven by my girlfriend...she quite forgetful one...scared she forget to lock door [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Dunno

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Depreciation for 8 months is $2.5-3k estimated. Change windscreen should be $200+? Cheap cheap Suzuki Swift nia leh...dun think so expensive right? Better still if can fix...can do it at maybe less than $100?

Edited by Dunno

Neutral Newbie

there is a indian shop at balestier that fixes windscreen, you can check with them. its just after the temple before the Mobil/Esso kiosk

Neutral Newbie

Balestier very long road...I checked road directory...got many temples...at least saw 4 or 5 along the road [sweatdrop]

So I did a search on Mobil/Esso stations along Balestier road. The star is where the station is...so do I have to turn into the small road just before the station?

post-8-1057143833_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

COE prices very diffcult to say. [mad]

When going down, ppl will come in to push it up. (I'm one of them [:p] )

I suggest better to monitor the price of the car. Lock in the price when you feel is the lowest and dun have to worry about coe prices. [thumbsup]

As for using key, not very ex to replace central locking and alarm. Will feel the anger when you scrap the car.

Give and take liao. I scrap my swift and got my G9 too[:)]

Neutral Newbie

Ur central lock is probably wired to your alarm... and yah... when U change battery, it is possible that alarm (and radio for that matter) will get amnesia... U'll need to recalibrate the alarm code to remote control.

For the windscreen, you can wind down the window slightly on a hot day to prevent the crack from aggravating. Having window all the way up means the air in the cabin might expand due to hot weather, hence the crack will "grow".

But do it at your own risk... you have window visors?

Sian...now got 3 things to fix liao...cracked windscreen, remote and central lock...zzzzz

Neutral Newbie

There is another method....go JB to fix a film for the front windscreen .....at least it will hear to hold the windscreen in place incase it really shatter... [nod][nod]

Neutral Newbie

"it grew from 15 to 20 cm"

Hi! there, Dunno,

You can go over to JB to stop the crack from extending. About RM50. I did it at my exhaust shop, just after the JB Traffic police station.

Rgds

Paul Yong

↡ Advertisement