New JB CIQ...

Xspace

Neutral Newbie
tats gd news! can go in pump liao...becos of the daily jam, i've nt been visitng jb for some time le..

The jam is on Singapore side. Even with the old JB customs, clearance on JB side has always been fast because they don't even bother to check your car.

yah i dont think the new JB CIQ will help much as jams is always on SGP side.

anyway i heard that it is sg garment's agenda to make jams bad so as to prevent sillyporeans from buying property/ houses in JB? [idea][gossip][gossip]

these r all hear says, i dun deny i hate to be stuck in jams on the causeway. Although the jams has nv stop me from visiting jb, i will put in some good words for the govt.

sometimes u r really pissed when the jam is so bad, n ur bladder is already full, but when i approach the counters, all the counters were open, maybe 1 or 2 that is closed. is it really the fault of custom for the screwed up job, or is it really the large population of cars goin over for cheapo stuffs?

last wkend, it started to jam from SLE, turfclub. 50mins, i cleared the Sg custom.efficiency is there, just that too many cars.

i also have been caught in the jam, 3 hrs. onli 40% of the counters were open.

↡ Advertisement

this is a major major question...

and it's something it seems no one can answer!

it seems there's no way to go to new CIQ without 1st bypassing

the road of City Square...

if that's really the case, i might as well dun stamp my passport lor

just [confused][confused]

wat to do.... either go in, and jam for awhile or dun go lor

anyway found this from a website for the bus route

and i reckon it may apply to cars too

"For svc 950, the new route details are as follows when the new JB CIQ complex opens:

Woodlands Regional Interchange, Woodlands Ave 3, Woodlands Centre Rd,

Woodlands CIQ, Causeway, Tg Puteri Bridge, Jln Jim Quee, New JB CIQ,

Jln Lingkaran Dalam, Jln Terbau, Jln Tun Abdul Razak (new bus stop JB Sentral opp City Square), Persiaran Tun Sri Lanang, Jln Ayer Molek, Jln Gertak Merah, Jln Gereja, Jln Trus & Pasar Bakti Terminal"

any bro, where is Tg Puteri Bridge, Jln Jim Quee before the new CIQ?

cheers

the new custom should be on the left side beside the railway track (the direction when u are coming back to singapore) there should be a road leading to this complex

Turbocharged
no..cause singapore side so slow that even if they check your car..they still can clear incoming cars fast..

how fast u expect a checkpoint counter to clear per car.

for a car with 1driver..max 20s..

for car with passengers..is 10s + 10s for each passenger..

i usually clear msia side within 5 mins..while i took 1hr+ to clear sg side.. [thumbsdown]

Ya, indeed your 1 hr is consider "above average" achievement lah... [:/]

I ever waited 2-3 hours jus tot go thru the sg checkpoint. I think the main reason is due to poor design, too many merging lane...look at the road moving toward the sg checkpoint, 4 lanes merge to 2 lanes and eventually merge to 1 lane when approaching the checkpoint, and let's look at msia side, in the causeway is 3 lanes...upon reaching to the checkpoint, it expanded to 20(if not less) lanes...of course this method is better and clear fast.... i think this is design mentality... nad furthermore, becoz of the spore security force didnt do a good job in keeping the terrist in the detention centre, it actually have up the security procedure at the checkpoint and make the entire singpaorean and foreigner suffer.... (and yet, the minister don need to resign for the mistake...even the moral of Indian minister is better than ours)...

i usually clear msia side within 5 mins..while i took 1hr+ to clear sg side.. [thumbsdown]

cause msia side dont even bother to check your car

ya lo, actually that will be goo if only one side is need to check lo...

cause msia side dont even bother to check your car

Actually checking car doesn't take up mcuh time, only time consuming part is the queue before the security to stamp yr passport at sg side.... again, i would said is the poor design [:/]

bro, the new flyover to the new ciq is so big, how can u miss it? [sweatdrop]

remember as soon as u clear the old ciq u'll have to turn left or else u'll hit a big wall? that's actually the side wall of the new bridge to the new ciq. and after turn left u'll go through a small S bend right? now at the S bend look to ur right and u'll see the new bridge leading to and coming from new ciq.

remember if u clear the green lane u'll have to turn right to join the car from red lane before going straight and turning left again at the above mentioned wall? my guess is that the new route will be to divert the cars from red lane towards green lane now and u'll turn left after the green lane and then turn right to go up the new bridge to new ciq. current exit after the above mentioned S bend will be blocked with gate if i am not wrong. hope i didn't confuse u [sweatdrop]

so in short, from old ciq u'll be diverted to new ciq via the new bridge so don't worry too much on how to reach there because u'll have no where else to go but only the new ciq after u clear the old ciq [;)]

tats gd news! can go in pump liao...becos of the daily jam, i've nt been visitng jb for some time le..

The jam is on Singapore side. Even with the old JB customs, clearance on JB side has always been fast because they don't even bother to check your car.

yah i dont think the new JB CIQ will help much as jams is always on SGP side.

anyway i heard that it is sg garment's agenda to make jams bad so as to prevent sillyporeans from buying property/ houses in JB? [idea][gossip][gossip]

these r all hear says, i dun deny i hate to be stuck in jams on the causeway. Although the jams has nv stop me from visiting jb, i will put in some good words for the govt.

sometimes u r really pissed when the jam is so bad, n ur bladder is already full, but when i approach the counters, all the counters were open, maybe 1 or 2 that is closed. is it really the fault of custom for the screwed up job, or is it really the large population of cars goin over for cheapo stuffs?

last wkend, it started to jam from SLE, turfclub. 50mins, i cleared the Sg custom.efficiency is there, just that too many cars.

i also have been caught in the jam, 3 hrs. onli 40% of the counters were open.

Ya, but when the govt build such an "state of the art" or "world class" cehckpoint facility as per what hte spore govt always said, they should anticipate or foresee the future demand...jsut what what hte spore govt did for our changi airport, it can expand according to demand...only diff. is, in the airtport, foreigner(or ang mo) uses it very often...whereas in the bloody land cehckpoint...Singapore and local are the major user group there...so as per what he govt always...we need to be COMPETENT in order to survive...so i think this may be one of their trainign strategy for us... ha haa

I think those who went in JB last night after 12am had the chance to "drive-through" the CIQ to get familiar with the route. I myself went through it. So many officer, TP were summoned to direct the traffic.

Yup, hit it at 12.15am last night and it was a massie event.... like got VIP and heaps of officials & police to guide traffic. Photographers were taking pics too.

Just after the old immigration where you turn onto the coastal route (the bend area), its blocked off so you have to make an almost U-turn, up onto the flyover which takes you to the new CIQ. Its huge but the lanes inside abit narrow at certain parts. Those for the passport counters as also rather narrrow.

It finally leads you to the exit near LION hotel and the Shell station is just about 400 meters down the road. Those pumping shell can just pump and head back via the old immigration by filtering upon the 1st left exit after Shell. I koo koo... went back to the CIQ and found that the return/exit route was still not opened yet. [rolleyes] Then head back to the old immigration which I asked the person..... only 16th Dec, then the return route also goes through the new CIQ.

Ok, hope this helps.......

Ya all d details are right. I was there at 3.00am. There is a 24hrs car wash just beside the Shell station. Can PPWC then head straight back to SG but filtering left. If go straight think the sign say "Highway to KL" [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] . Btw just to check with you how you many to u-turn back to the new CIQ when returning back to SG (though its not in operations now).

thanks for the info, bro.

[:)]

normally once i past the immigration, i'm focused

on heading where i want to go liao

so did not see the 'wall' [:p]

anyway, let's see how it is this weekend when i go over

cheers

↡ Advertisement